2.8LC KB results on 2011 GT500

scottGT500

Established Member
What inch pulley is the stock pulley? And what octane are you tuned for? I bet your car is completely different now! Lol. Gotta lone that KB scream!!

Scott

Last edited:

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
It's the stock pulley that comes with the 2.8 KB,

I can go smaller but it isn't recommended on pump 91.

Oh man yes it is a screamer and highway pulls are ridiculous now

scottGT500

Established Member
It's the stock pulley that comes with the 2.8 KB,

I can go smaller but it isn't recommended on pump 91.

Oh man yes it is a screamer and highway pulls are ridiculous now

Must be 3.25"...that is some nice power! I made 704/639 with a 3" pulley and 93 octane on my '10 so you are right on the money!:rockon:

2nd2none

Established Member
Did you buy the KB kit used? I thought they did away with those old intakes. I've had my 3.6LC for a year or so and mine came with the polished intake tube.

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
Did you buy the KB kit used? I thought they did away with those old intakes. I've had my 3.6LC for a year or so and mine came with the polished intake tube.

I actually did, I've been looking into buying the polished intake tube...
There is one that just went up for sale.

MattR

Established Member
So why is every TVS I see posted lately putting out near 700 rwhp and torque? Are the numbers more realistic of an engine that will not blow up? Not bashing the OP's numbers because that's still crazy power, but man I want to be able to take down a a 13 or 14 shelby with bolt on's.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
So why is every TVS I see posted lately putting out near 700 rwhp and torque? Are the numbers more realistic of an engine that will not blow up? Not bashing the OP's numbers because that's still crazy power, but man I want to be able to take down a a 13 or 14 shelby with bolt on's.

The OP's numbers are were they should be. Remember he is only boosting 13/14 pounds, and he is just shy of 650. Also keep in mind that he is on 91 octane. That also plays a roll.

I would say with a 93 oct tune, and boost of 16~17 he would be easily be 700+ easy. Kenny Bells are incredibly efficient and there is no doubt about the power they can make.

Also remember the TVS is a different type of blower from the KB. TVS is a root style, while KB and Whipple's are Twin screw.

BTW nice setup and great pics. I think the intake looks fine. The chrome one looks a little hmm...not sure...

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member

The difference you're seeing is because of how fast they're being spun. Run a similar pulley combo on a TVS to what the OP is running on his KB and it would make about 9lbs of boost and 500ish at the wheels, if that.

The TVS's are being spun pretty hard to make the numbers you're seeing. Nothing wrong with that, it works well. But spin a KB to the same RPM and you'll see the real difference in capabilities.

For example:

KB with 3.5" upper and stock lower (like the OP), spun to 6300rpm = 12,726 blower speed.
TVS with 2.71" upper (stock '13 pulley) and stock lower, 6300rpm = 16,499 blower speed.

Or, the more commonly run sizes:

KB, 3" upper, stock lower, 6300 rpm = 14,868 blower speed
TVS, 2.5 upper, 10% lower, 6300 rpm = 20,160 blower speed.

So, as you can see, to make the power you're referring to from the TVS, they're being spun quite a bit harder. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but when you spin a KB or Whipple equally, the boost/HP will be considerably higher.

However, nothing compares to the TVS torque. Their torque will always win.

Last edited:

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
Exactly ... And on top of that the TVS gets heat soaked a whole lot quicker than a KB.

A tvs needs LT headers, 10% lower and etc to reach 700rwhp when I just do a 69.99 pulley swap and I'm there.

Either way I'll probably be doing LT headers and an O/R h pipe eventually so wouldn't need to turn up the boost to reach 680-690.

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
Got my revised tune from Adam at ST.
No more popping noise and no more hanging idle !

The mono blade TBs are not as smooth as the other TB that's I've seen but it's worth it!
The car moves insane especially on the top end..

I'm also tuning half a can of torco per fill up.

I'm thinking about getting lt headers or just an offroad h pipe.,, not sure which just yet...

Users who are viewing this thread