2.9 Whipple

dohcsvt

Established Member
I just sold my TVS aned will be purchasing a whipple within the next week or so, I already have the injectors, new MAF sensor and just need fuelk rails. I'll decide is I need a BAP once I get it on the dyno.

dohcsvt

Established Member
How about a rather important question....where is the cheapest place to get a 2.9 whipple. I have HEARD that lightning performance has them for $3300, but the absolute cheapest I have seen is this. And when you add in shipping it is only about $55 less than evo or lethal but......$55 is $55. If anyone knows of a less expensive blower only price post it please.
Ottis

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Dustin will be sending a 2.9L our way very shortly. We'll be testing it on Justin@VMP's car to put together some tuned packages and then we'll strap it on to our car and see what it does on a built longblock.

We'll keep everyone posted. I also believe we'll see some kits start to ship next week sometime.

Jared

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
need pics when installed on a real car. and dyno numbers with all mods included.

gwilborn

Established Member
I'm waiting on my 2.9 whipple to be shipped out. Whipple said 2 weeks from Friday 27th. Any one else waiting the the 2.9?

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
the 2.9 is nearly ready, the new inlet is on my car as I speak *type* and there is an outside chance I will be able to pick up the car this Saturday @ Whipple. If so I will post a ton of pics on Sunday...and numbers with pulley/boost size.

You got any updates?

dohcsvt

Established Member
I just ordered mine today, got one helluva deal. The distributor stated that whipple will be shipping it straight to me. Should ship in 7-10 days. Supposedly they began casting the initial run of blowers today. Was told that they will be done with the R+D on their test car Friday and will write an article then. Also, was told that they have decreased pulley size to 3.25 from the initially planned 3.5 and are getting 17psi.

Willie2

Established Member
i was looking in my stack of old magazines and found the june 08 issue of 5.0 mustang and super fords. they tested the 2.9 whipple with supporting mods and stock pulley. 674hp / 666tq

2.9 whipple
whipple single blade TB
120 mm MAF
9 inch air filter
dual fuel pump
ngk TR7IX
160° tstat

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
i was looking in my stack of old magazines and found the june 08 issue of 5.0 mustang and super fords. they tested the 2.9 whipple with supporting mods and stock pulley. 674hp / 666tq

2.9 whipple
whipple single blade TB
120 mm MAF
9 inch air filter
dual fuel pump
ngk TR7IX
160° tstat

When you say stock pulley, do you mean the stock size 3" or the one that comes with the blower 3.5 or 3.25? I'm sure that Whipple has been refining this blower since then anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread