2.9 Whipple

Jroc

Established Member
To truly get a good comparison of how much HP the two different blowers make to each other at any given PSI you need to dyno them back to back on the same car/same dyno.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Let me try to catch up...the reason the 2.9s are being produced is because the 3.4 will not fit under a stock hood. Am i correct on this?

sure, that is one reason. another is maybe it will be more efficient than the 3.4...but we'll have to wait to see some tests on this

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I talked to Whipple industries yesterday. Thay told me that the 2.9's should start shipping out next week.
Ottis

That's assuming that the blow-off valve mount doesn't need a redesign and the supplier for the fasteners shipped the right bolts THIS TIME... etc. etc. etc. Whipple's 2.9 excuse cave has hit paydirt every time they hint at a ship date.

I wonder how much a used TVS would run me, will anyone of you Whipple 2.9 buyers have one for sale in the near future?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This is why vendors should zip it until they have hands on the product...but that's just my opinion.

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
That's assuming that the blow-off valve mount doesn't need a redesign and the supplier for the fasteners shipped the right bolts THIS TIME... etc. etc. etc. Whipple's 2.9 excuse cave has hit paydirt every time they hint at a ship date.

I wonder how much a used TVS would run me, will anyone of you Whipple 2.9 buyers have one for sale in the near future?

I'm sure one of us will jump the broom $2500 - $3000 seems fair for a used TVS blower alone.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm sure one of us will jump the broom $2500 - $3000 seems fair for a used TVS blower alone.

sounds like a fair price, i would be looking for a really good low low milage TVS blower for that price

dohcsvt

Established Member
Just passing on the info that I was given. I know they have drug thier feet on this, but I would like to think that a reputable company would not say they will be releaseing a product AND TAKING MONEY if they weren't going to. They have had excuses before, but have never said "we are shipping them out on blah blah", atleast not as far as I know.
Ottis

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member

sure, just as soon as they put the 2.9 on. if you can wait that long :lol1:

panoz

Whipple 2.9L in 5.0 Mustangs & SF

5.0 Mustangs & SF had an article on this last year and it is on their website. I believe I used this article for reference when I put the 3.4L on my GT 500 last year. There weren't any instructions for the 3.4L at the time. You don't have to modify the fuel rails with the 2.9 if you stay with the stock injectors, although they will operate at a very high duty rate, and can use the stock hood but the KR does look pretty nice!

Users who are viewing this thread