2 Questions

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Wife is now pregnant with 2nd child which means that I might have to part with my cobra :cryying:, so here ar my 2 questions...

1) I need a car that has speed, ability to hold a family, and looks...any suggestions.

2) How much can I get for my cobra?

2003 sonic blue w/ 42000 miles, mods that push 496 rwhp and is in great mechanical shape.

Thanks

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
Buy a Jeep Cherokee SRT-8..... If you don't care about fuel mileage... these trucks look great and are smoking fast.... I have driven one and its about the only thing I would get rid of my COBRA for that's year round and somewhat practical...

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
They have an auto stick transmission, so you can even play around with shift points if you like... They really are sweet and I think the factory HP is around 420 HP if I am not mistaken... they are smooth.... and amazingly QUICK...

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Your going to give up the cobra a buy a jeep.
Ha, that's a funny one. Keep the Cobra that back
seat is made for a baby.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I would buy a used volvo like an s80 or a turbo wagon...good mileage,safety, and I like the looks(hell, I have a 1994 850 as my dd)...

To answer the second question...with the market the way it is now...you could start asking around $24,000 with some minor mods...and sell around $22,000( I agree with the above post)....
Good luck...but I would try to keep that Terminator

Ryushin

Established Member
The new Infinity FX50 has a 5.0 liter making 390 hp, 7 speed auto, etc. If I hadn't bought my new fully loaded 2007 Acura MDX last September, I would be considering this.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
what he said ^ , that’s the problem right there , I read some where that if every American bought American , our unemployment rate would be -4%.

I never have and never will buy foreign

BlownReptile

Established Member
Get the top model G8. I had a 2006 GTO and it was a great car. The interior, handling, performance, etc. were fantastic. Id go with a G8 if I was looking for a great performance car that can fit a family.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
what he said ^ , that’s the problem right there , I read some where that if every American bought American , our unemployment rate would be -4%.

I never have and never will buy foreign

Same here, all my cars have been American made, or a subsidiary owned by an American company.

Volvo makes a safe, fun competent sedan. The C70 is also a great car.

Cadillac CTS-V?

Or buy a used Taurus SHO! :banana: and keep the Cobra!

reggies

Established Member
If the build quality of the G8 is anything like the GTP I owned I would stay away. Buy American and purchase the SRT Jeep.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I like a nissan maxima 03 or newer. fast and I like the xenon headlights. seem to hold resale value. as far as the price on your cobra look around on SVTP, e-bay and auto trader for comparable cars and price accordingly. GL

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I like a nissan maxima 03 or newer. fast and I like the xenon headlights. seem to hold resale value. as far as the price on your cobra look around on SVTP, e-bay and auto trader for comparable cars and price accordingly. GL

+1 I have an 01 as my daily driver. It's got a 227 hp V6 (more in newer ones) so it's pretty quick, handles very well for a 4 door, comfortable and big enough for the family.
Reliable too -- a friend is a Nissan service manager and he says they almost never come in for unscheduled service and he's seen a lot of them running great to 250K miles and more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Get the top model G8. I had a 2006 GTO and it was a great car. The interior, handling, performance, etc. were fantastic. Id go with a G8 if I was looking for a great performance car that can fit a family.

I agree 100%. The G8 is an awesome car. Another great family performance car is the new 2009 Maxima. It's a new design. And it makes 290hp. A gorgeous car but it stickers at around $36K. Also look at the new 2009 Mazda6 coming to dealers in mid-August. The V6 model makes 270hp. It's larger and more luxurious than the 2008 Mazda6. Loaded, it stickers for around $32,700. ($30,400. for the 4 cylinder 170hp motor). Subtract $2,000. if you don't want the navigation system, and another $1,800. if you don't want a power moon roof.

Just a few possibilities for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread