2000 Cobra R DZUS Fastners

GaryGrimm

Established Member
Hey Guys,
I know there has been tons written about the DZUS fastners on the 2000 R's, and the one common thread is that the long (one on both sides of the splitter) DZUS fastners are impossible to come by. I have sourced the rest of the fastners at Speedway; but the long ones I am having no luck finding. Does anyone know where I can get two of them? I am putting together a track splitter (I bought a spare splitter and Bruce's aluminum stiffner) and am only missing the two long DZUS fastners. :shrug:
Thanks guys (and girls if there are any reading this).
~Gary

This is a great picture of the long ones I need.
1237d1101951038-carbon-fiber-air-splitter-2000-r-dsc01010.jpg

Last edited:

Sonictim

Established Member
If you havent found a source yet Try pegasus racing i just ordered to .92" long should do the trick

Sophbuster

As I posted in the other thread. The long ones are 1.100 inches. Specifically made for the R. The company that made them for Ford never made another batch after the initial run. So they are impossible to come by. I searched for months looking for another source and never found the exact ones.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
When R155 was up here with me I went over to a neighbors place--he races circle track cars and he dug through his parts bin and found some that were perfect....not sure where he got them and has since moved--but they are out there.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Thanks Paul!

I ordered some “just because.” You never know when you’ll need parts for these cars.

svtguy

Established Member
Dumb question, are they $3.95 each or $3.95 for four, as in the pic on the site ?

I know we only need two.

$3.95 each. A little pricey, but I was happy to find them. I bought 6 but only received 4 with a note that said that the other 2 are on back order but will be shipped out in about 3 days.

I bought a 10 pack of the Allstar Performance ALL19000 0.500" Steel Flush Head Self-Ejecting Button for the other 7 locations.

Paul.

Goose17

Established Member
I bought 4. The shipping charge will be more than the product if you only order a couple.

Goose17

Established Member
Just got this email:

“Regarding your recent order I have sold more of this particular size this week then I normally do all year. I am having another batch sent down next day. I am really sorry about this deal, we pride ourselves on shipping
web orders the same day so I will make sure they get to me quick and I will send to you priority mail which will arrive to you in 2 days. the tracking number will follow.”

svtguy

Established Member
Just got this email:

“Regarding your recent order I have sold more of this particular size this week then I normally do all year. I am having another batch sent down next day. I am really sorry about this deal, we pride ourselves on shipping
web orders the same day so I will make sure they get to me quick and I will send to you priority mail which will arrive to you in 2 days. the tracking number will follow.”

That's Funny!

Goose17

Established Member
I bought a 10 pack of the Allstar Performance ALL19000 0.500" Steel Flush Head Self-Ejecting Button for the other 7 locations.

Paul.

Paul, just to clarify, you did not buy this pack of 10 from the same place as the longer ones...? I didn’t see them on the site, but I see them on Amazon.

Goose17

Established Member
$3.95 each. A little pricey, but I was happy to find them. I bought 6 but only received 4 with a note that said that the other 2 are on back order but will be shipped out in about 3 days.

Paul.

Paul, just to clarify, you did not buy this pack of 10 from the same place as the longer ones...? I didn’t see them on the site, but I see them on Amazon.

I bought the 10 pack on Amazon.

Paul

An update:

Primus Racing now sells both the long side fasteners as well as the 1/2” for the other locations. I exchanged some emails back-n-forth with him and he is now stocking all of the fasteners needed for the 00R splitter.

Users who are viewing this thread