2001 Cobra Crank No Start

67 cdime

Established Member
Where does the harness for the CKPS go? Looks like it comes up on the front of the passenger cylinder head. Then it t’s and part comes up on and dips behind the intake. Where does it go from there?

And this is the CKPS correct?

3dbf0513f8a2c73bcd77ee1dc3c708dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
The wire in question is most certainly the cylinder one COP. I traced it out on both sides. The reason it has voltage is that it is getting powered like the other coil wires by the red wire at the coil when the coil is plugged in. I traced the other side to Pinout 26 in the ECU harness.
4c760f28b9f4f67fbc34d1bda895e1d2.jpg

I have verified power to the coil plug wire (red) and back probed the signal wire with the coil pack plug in and verified voltage there (without coil plugged in, it reads no voltage and open lead with DOM). I have 12v present at the coil plug as well. I haven’t gotten a spark tester to verify spark yet.

This wire is a pcm controlled ground which will make coil fire,,

It never has 12v with key on

67 cdime

Established Member
This wire is a pcm controlled ground which will make coil fire,,

It never has 12v with key on

Something all jacked up then. At all my coils with the key on I have 12v on those signal wires.

Also struggling to pinout the CKPS. Those wires aren’t coming up on pins 21/22. Something is all messed up in the harness it seems.

67 cdime

Established Member
Where does the harness for the CKPS go? Looks like it comes up on the front of the passenger cylinder head. Then it t’s and part comes up on and dips behind the intake. Where does it go from there?

And this is the CKPS correct?

3dbf0513f8a2c73bcd77ee1dc3c708dd.jpg

Can someone help me verify that this is the crank sensor and I’m not losing my mind after looking at this thing for too long? Pinout shows Blue and Gray wire but at what I think is the CKPS I have a green and yellow wire. They are shielded like the CKPS wires should be but they definitely don’t come up when I do a continuity test to ECU harness 21 and 22.

Seems like I’m chasing my tail as I verified that the CKPS was working correctly earlier I thought.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Well that answers a lot.

Should be a fun repair,

Our Tundra got attacked by squirrels ,major harness in a almost impossible area to reach ,

It's fixable.

67 cdime

Established Member
Running but won’t idle unless I keep a foot on the gas. Finally kept it running long enough to get to operating temps. Pulled codes p1131 and p1151.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i guess there are worse places for them to chew up a harness. The 02 harnesses go right back behind the motor and down, wonder if they got in there as well. Might need to chase those as well

hotcobra03

Established Member
Read thru test. There are some steps to take which may also give more codes

Was the air inlet from air filter to throttle body connected,,

Code is for vacuum leak.

I remember going over my vacuum harness , checking each line by hand/mouth,
Leaks and blocks on line.

Routing is also important .

67 cdime

Established Member
Found a few vacuum leaks and corrected. Big thing, I forgot to hook back up the vacuum line to the throttle body… lol.

Quick test drive, still not right. Seems like it has a miss but not throwing any code other than O2 related stuff. I know from experience that they will run rich but shouldn’t affect anything else unless the 4v’s are different.

Ordered autolite plugs and gonna throw them in along with the coil covers that are currently off and see what difference that makes.

hotcobra03

Established Member
The scanner your using to get codes.

What capabilities does it have?

does it have live data?

can it do key on engine running test?

67 cdime

Established Member
No. El cheapo from HF. Gonna grab a USB to OBD2 cord and download Forscan and monitor it. But as of right now, I think a fresh set of plugs won’t hurt lol. Especially after sitting for years.

Users who are viewing this thread