Votes: 313 68.2%
  • 2011-12 5.0

Votes: 146 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jroc

Established Member
you have it twisted the question was "If you were to have a 03-04 cobra or a 2011-12 5.0 which one would you pick?
Vote then discuss!!" and op also made a poll for this and the poill isn't even close and I'm sure he knows what site he posted on so he was looking for a answer here bias or not. I turned down a new 5.0 to get my cobra and I dont' regret it for a sec. I like the new 5.0's they have balls but im in love with my cobra. In this poll and thread the 5.0 lost who cares get over it.

How old are you? I mean for real the 5.0 lost is this thread and poll? Well okay I don't really give a shit if that's the case as it's just the internet. I'm just letting all the Terminator fanboys who act like slaves to their bias and are trying to convince themselves that a old Terminator is a better car than a new 2011+ GT that no that is just not the case. People keep wanting to argue value, but then those are the same people who act like they'll never sell their Terminator so what does value even matter, and I do agree that in 15/20 years a stock, low mileage Terminator probably will pull a pretty penny, but a worn out and modded up one that's missing half of it's OEM parts sure won't.

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
How old are you? I mean for real the 5.0 lost is this thread and poll? Well okay I don't really give a shit if that's the case as it's just the internet. I'm just letting all the Terminator fanboys who act like slaves to their bias and are trying to convince themselves that a old Terminator is a better car than a new 2011+ GT that no that is just not the case. People keep wanting to argue value, but then those are the same people who act like they'll never sell their Terminator so what does value even matter, and I do agree that in 15/20 years a stock, low mileage Terminator probably will pull a pretty penny, but a worn out and modded up one that's missing half of it's OEM parts sure won't.

I'm 25 thanks for asking but how smart are you to keep posting in a thread that you dont care about?:bash: If its just the internet and you don't care why reply? Bottem line is 5.0 owners and terminator owners are the same they argue the same way and same bs on both sides and if you cant see that your blind. In performance the 5.0 is better stock for stock as it should be 10 years later I'd be mad at ford if it wasn't. The cobra passed the torch to the gt500 not a mustang gt. If 2 guys race a cobra and 5.0 stock vs stock the better driver will win and like I said get over it

Jroc

Established Member
I'm 25 thanks for asking but how smart are you to keep posting in a thread that you dont care about?:bash: If its just the internet and you don't care why reply? Bottem line is 5.0 owners and terminator owners are the same they argue the same way and same bs on both sides and if you cant see that your blind. In performance the 5.0 is better stock for stock as it should be 10 years later I'd be mad at ford if it wasn't. The cobra passed the torch to the gt500 not a mustang gt. If 2 guys race a cobra and 5.0 stock vs stock the better driver will win and like I said get over it

I just like ****ing with smug Terminator owners(most of which are the newb Terminator owners as the vets Terminator owners can grasp reality a little better) who are envious that a new Mustang is better than theirs. I think it's real funny how all these people keep acting like "well it's just a GT and it's so inferior to a Cobra" when other than the R models before 03 the Cobras in reality weren't all that much better a performer than a GT so basically there was only 2 years of Mustang Cobra that really held any big performance edge over a GT. I agree in acceleration a stock Terminator and stock Coyote GT are close. I've driven both and several stock Terminators, but it's in pretty much every other way that a Terminator can't compete with a new GT when talking performance.

EDIT: I would also say that the Modular SN95 Cobras also held a nice edge over the SOHC GT's of the same years.(96-98)

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I just like ****ing with smug Terminator owners(most of which are the newb Terminator owners as the vets Terminator owners can grasp reality a little better) who are envious that a new Mustang is better than theirs. I think it's real funny how all these people keep acting like "well it's just a GT and it's so inferior to a Cobra" when other than the R models before 03 the Cobras in reality weren't all that much better a performer than a GT so basically there was only 2 years of Mustang Cobra that really held any big performance edge over a GT. I agree in acceleration a stock Terminator and stock Coyote GT are close. I've driven both and several stock Terminators, but it's in pretty much every other way that a Terminator can't compete with a new GT when talking performance.

Im a fairly new cobra owner and think that way. The new owners of the 5.0.are just as smug they are equal in cockyness. At the end of the day its one of the besf if not the best gt ever made by ford but its still just a gt sorry. I dont even think the 2 should be compared because of the age difference.

Jroc

Established Member
Im a fairly new cobra owner and think that way. The new owners of the 5.0.are just as smug they are equal in cockyness. At the end of the day its one of the besf if not the best gt ever made by ford but its still just a gt sorry. I dont even think the 2 should be compared because of the age difference.

If new GT owners are just as smug as newb Terminator owners then that means they're douche bags. Doesn't negate the fact that the 11-13 GT is a much better car than a 03/04 Mustang Cobra. Pretty funny how a Mustang GT can skeet all over a Mustang Cobra. The 2 don't really compare unless you are talking HP.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
If new GT owners are just as smug as newb Terminator owners then that means they're douche bags. Doesn't negate the fact that the 11-13 GT is a much better car than a 03/04 Mustang Cobra. Pretty funny how a Mustang GT can skeet all over a Mustang Cobra. The 2 don't really compare unless you are talking HP.

Well I know a 5.0 cant skeet all over this terminator unless its packing some serious heat and my cobra is most important to me. Also stock for stock the 5.0 isbt that much faster to talk the shit thats been talked

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Well I know a 5.0 cant skeet all over this terminator unless its packing some serious heat and my cobra is most important to me

You take a stock new GT and a stock Terminator to something other than a straight line race and see who does the skeeting. Trust me my Terminator was pretty modded suspension and chassis wise with a bunch of MM and FTBR parts, and it wasn't even in a stock new GT's league especially when talking about applying power while in a turn. There's more to a performance car than just how much HP it has or how strong it accelerates and in these other categories a Terminator just doesn't compare and that's real.

If you want to like your Terminator better than that's fine, but I'm not a Terminator enthusiast I'm Mustang enthusiast. I love the fact that a new GT is better than a 03/04 Cobra. That means Ford has stepped up their Mustang game. I mean I love Terminators. They are cool ass cars, but in reality they were a great fair well to a old ass, outdated platform that was long overdo for replacing.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
You take a stock new GT and a stock Terminator to something other than a straight line race and see who does the skeeting. Trust me my Terminator was pretty modded suspension and chassis wise with a bunch of MM and FTBR parts, and it wasn't even in a stock new GT's league especially when talking about applying power while in a turn. There's more to a performance car than just how much HP it has or how strong it accelerates and in these other categories a Terminator just doesn't compare and that's real.

If you want to like your Terminator better than that's fine, but I'm not a Terminator enthusiast I'm Mustang enthusiast. I love the fact that a new GT is better than a 03/04 Cobra. That means Ford has stepped up their Mustang game. I mean I love Terminators. They are cool ass cars, but in reality they were a great fair well to a old ass, outdated platform that was long overdo for replacing.

Very well said, sir.

LOL@ the people arguing stereotypes. Obviously some of you aren't driving your cars enough if you are in here arguing like school girls over trivial topics such as perceptions and stereotypes of certain types of people driving whatever model of car.

Kiohtee

Established Member
And then we resorted to "bring your stock 5.0 against my 1,000,000+hp Terminator." :nonono:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

Lol you make me laugh and you just try to keep digging and saying the same thing over and over again. Ive already said that in stock form the 5.0 is better but fact is you line them up and the better driver is going to win plain and simple. Yeah I like the terminator better thats just my choice and the fact that we are having this conversion shows how bad ass the terminator is because its ten years later. You say you like mustangs ok good stop bashing one just because another one is better in its stock form. You dont see your lighting in this conversion because it cant be. Does that take anything away from it? No does this take anything away from the terminator? No. I bring up my car because its the only one I will defend because its mine. As I said before op got his answer terninator wins get over it men and woman lie numbers dont.

r103

Established Member
Once again the OP asked "which do you like better and why" I answered.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Once again the OP asked "which do you like better and why" I answered.

Yea and so did I and 300 plus people in the poll the terminator won why keep fighting? The whole subject is just beating a dead horse. Wanna prove your 5.0 is faster or your cobra is faster? Line em up. Most that fight this subject dont own either.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Having owned both I think the 03/04 Cobra is the most menacing looking SVT vehicle (The '13 GT500 is second in my book). My favorite NE car by far and I even proclaimed back in 04 when I got her that I would never own another GT ever again. When I was looking at getting another mustang I was looking at getting another 03/04 and then I started reading about the new 5.0. I really like the way the 10 and up cars looked and after driving a 5.0 and having a hard time finding a 03/04 locally I jumped on the 5.0. Im glad I did. My car makes 669/581 SAE on 8psi and E85. Its a fun car for sure. It really comes down to personal preference. I was working on my car yesterday and I heard a Cobra turn into my cul de sac and I hopped up like a little kid to get a look at it. I still get excited when I see them.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Having owned both I think the 03/04 Cobra is the most menacing looking SVT vehicle (The '13 GT500 is second in my book). My favorite NE car by far and I even proclaimed back in 04 when I got her that I would never own another GT ever again. When I was looking at getting another mustang I was looking at getting another 03/04 and then I started reading about the new 5.0. I really like the way the 10 and up cars looked and after driving a 5.0 and having a hard time finding a 03/04 locally I jumped on the 5.0. Im glad I did. My car makes 669/581 SAE on 8psi and E85. Its a fun car for sure. It really comes down to personal preference. I was working on my car yesterday and I heard a Cobra turn into my cul de sac and I hopped up like a little kid to get a look at it. I still get excited when I see them.

Your car is the perfect example of the potential of the new GT. Your car is esscentially an updated version of the 03/04 Cobra, just improved on in every area the Cobra so desperately needed to be. I too, still get a little school girl giggle everytime I hear the whine of a Cobra and that unmistakable exhaust tone. I can't wait to put the TVS on my car so I can hear it again while enjoying all the new refinements of the new GT. It's not a competition between the two, but more about paying hommage to the Cobra. The fact that Ford gave us a GT that is comparable to the amazing Terminator is awesome!

I love Mustangs, old or new, Cobra or Coyote GT. Doesn't matter to me, it's all about the love for Mustangs in general. I've owned both and will continue to do so for the remainder of my life. :rockon:

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Your car is the perfect example of the potential of the new GT. Your car is esscentially an updated version of the 03/04 Cobra, just improved on in every area the Cobra so desperately needed to be. I too, still get a little school girl giggle everytime I hear the whine of a Cobra and that unmistakable exhaust tone. I can't wait to put the TVS on my car so I can hear it again while enjoying all the new refinements of the new GT. It's not a competition between the two, but more about paying hommage to the Cobra. The fact that Ford gave us a GT that is comparable to the amazing Terminator is awesome!

I love Mustangs, old or new, Cobra or Coyote GT. Doesn't matter to me, it's all about the love for Mustangs in general. I've owned both and will continue to do so for the remainder of my life. :rockon:

I think we all get that giggle when a cobra pulls up because its not a everyday thing. Hey my tvs doesn't have much of a whine :( do you mean the one from vmp?

Jroc

Established Member
I think we all get that giggle when a cobra pulls up because its not a everyday thing. Hey my tvs doesn't have much of a whine :( do you mean the one from vmp?

He doesn't own a Terminator. Try a Roushcharger. Does VMP even make a TVS for the new 5.0's?

And in all honesty(I swear on my life) I think I see Terminators more frequently than I do new 5.0's. I see 2 black coupes around my job with some frequency, and I see a CO vert and a silver vert close to my house pretty regularly. I think I see more Gen5 Camaro's than I do F150's.

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
He doesn't own a Terminator. Try a Roushcharger. Does VMP even make a TVS for the new 5.0's?

And in all honesty(I swear on my life) I think I see Terminators more frequently than I do new 5.0's. I see 2 black coupes around my job with some frequency, and I see a CO vert and a silver vert close to my house pretty regularly. I think I see more Gen5 Camaro's than I do F150's.

I can tell that from his sig thanks. I dont know if they make one or not be cool if they did. The reason I asked is because mine doesn't have much of a whine. Well theres more 5.0's than terminators. I only see terminators once and a while I see 5.0's all day. I see new camaros more than the 5.0 but mostly v6 ones.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

I agree. I see Cobras more often than I do 5.0's. I'm sure that has to do with the new 5.0's are still pricey in comparison to a 10 year old daily driven Cobra.

Jroc

Established Member
I agree. I see Cobras more often than I do 5.0's. I'm sure that has to do with the new 5.0's are still pricey in comparison to a 10 year old daily driven Cobra.

Yeah seriously I really don't see all these new Coyote cars all over the place like everyone else apparently does. I mean I'll see one from time to time, and it's not rare that I see one, but it's funny how I use to always see GT's everywhere when they had weak 2v/3v Modulars, but now that they have a very good motor in them I don't see them overly often.

For awhile it was kind of baffling me as to why I was seeing so many Gen5 Camaro's to new Mustangs. The ratio is very highly in favor of the new Camaro's around here, but then I got to thinking that I now live in a town called Gaston and it's pretty much a white trash town and it all makes sense now as to why there's so many more new Camaro's running around here. :-D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread