Votes: 146 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Yes only the true mustang enthusiast will be able to tell

I agree with that for the 2v and 4v but remember my gt? How many people guess that it was a 4v? The answer is none and u know I go to meets and shows and no one guessed it unless I told them. When your driving or walking who pays that much attention? I know I dont because the most important car to me is mine lol

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
That is true, they definitely lose a lot of value. I haven't been able to find a 11-12 car like I want( rtr's, brembo's, m6) for anything close to what I can find a nice 03/04 car. I realize there's going to be a difference in price, but the cheapest I can find a 11-12 car that I like(not necessarily with the options I mentioned, but close) for under 25k.

You got sometime hopefully u get the one you want and dont have to settle. I had that choice and went terminator just in love with it.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
For the life of me I cant get my 11GT to sound worth a damn. My 02GT sounded awesome with an offroad mid and Borla Stingers. Even my Cobra sounds fantastic with an offroad and Borla Stingers. Have offroad and Bassanis on the 11...I think it's the engine design more than anything.

BladeX10

Established Member
Idk what it is about 03/04 cobras. Everytime i see one on the street, I cant help but get all giggly about it. No other mustang has the same effect. I even saw a new 2013 GT500 the other day and didnt really care all that much. Maybe because it was bone stock, I dont know. I did however see a slammed black 2013 GT that looked and sounded amazing.

Theres that part of me that doesnt want to get a 10 year old car that has probably been abused and going to fall apart. I see a couple going for 14-15k in my area recently and so it looks like it may be my time to jump in one to get my "craving" out.

phfelts

Established Member
I'm really torn when it comes to this argument. I've owned a pullied/ported cobra and it was awesome. I miss that cobra everytime I go to some sort of car related event. I love the jeep I have now, but after riding in my buddies new '13 GT I cannot help but second guess my decision. I really want to lift up the jeep, but depending on where I get orders too I may decide that I want to stay with mustangs for a little while longer and get another cobra or newer GT.

Jroc

Established Member
4v motors have a unique sound even with different exhaust. So if it is a 2v fobra you can hear the difference.

Agreed.

I know how a Terminator sounds even with different exhaust setup they produce a similar tone even if the exhaust sounds different.

Besides most people looking to make a legit looking Ferminator on the exterior are too ignorant to the car to know that to do so you have to replace the hood, F/R bumpers, sideskirts, mirrors, grill, fake rear brake ducts, rear suspension, exhaust, badges, brakes(are the taillights the same as other Mustangs of the same years) etc. That would cost several thousand to do.

I generally can distinguished between a Fobra and a legit Cobra especially when talking 03/04's. She's not looking so sexy at the moment but this was my Terminator.
2rpcub6.jpg

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
For the life of me I cant get my 11GT to sound worth a damn. My 02GT sounded awesome with an offroad mid and Borla Stingers. Even my Cobra sounds fantastic with an offroad and Borla Stingers. Have offroad and Bassanis on the 11...I think it's the engine design more than anything.

IDK the new 5.0's use a different firing order than older Modulars. I think they sound pretty good in video's I've seen of them with a full Stainless Work setup. My Terminator sounded great with a O/R Prochamber and M55's, but IMO one of the few things a 2v has on a 4v is they sound better when setup right. That's JMO though. Still a healthy 2v with a good exhaust setup is just a really good sounding car.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

have to go LTs in order to really get that sound dude.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member

If you were closer id meet up with you so you could hear my car. SW lt's and off road x, jpc over axles, and a gt500 axleback...sounds amazing. Has the modular sound paired with the old 5.0 american thunder/catless combo. Hard to describe but its deep and hollow. I get nothing but compliments with that combo.

I had an off road xpipe and roush axleback. It sounded like complete garbage and I actually didnt like driving the car. It was insanely loud and not plesant at all...the only time it would sound decent was at WOT.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Agree to disagree there.

Seriously, I just don't like this argument. I would rather pull into a parking lot with Cobras and GTs to go Camaro hunting. But for me personally, I would rather drive my Cobra.

I agree. Both cars are great and like I stated earlier in this thread I will own a redfire 03-04 one day.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Agree to disagree there.

Seriously, I just don't like this argument. I would rather pull into a parking lot with Cobras and GTs to go Camaro hunting. But for me personally, I would rather drive my Cobra.

That sounds like a nice plan im down lol

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Key words highlighted. It took either modded or IRS equipment to get them to handle effectively.

That is almost every mustang. But they changed that once the s197 came out. That front and rear suspension setup up in stock form is very good for a stock mustang.

KILRSVT

Established Member
^^^ nothing sounds like a terminator however you can pull the stunts the new 5.0 can like keeping up with an m3 at the track or have the creature comfort

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I would choose my Cobra again and again. I could sit in my car all day and just listen to it idle. mmmmmm
I prefer the rumble of my old 4v, but the 5.0 isn't far behind. The 5.0 is definitely louder with comparable exhaust mods.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
That is almost every mustang. But they changed that once the s197 came out. That front and rear suspension setup up in stock form is very good for a stock mustang.

on a twisty rough road, I don't care what you do to your solid axle, it JUST DOES NOT work.. give me an IRS any day, and twice on Sunday for a performance car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread