Votes: 313 68.2%
  • 2011-12 5.0

Votes: 146 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I'll take a new 5.0 with a tune and basic mods there's really quick I've seen what those things can do on a road course and autocross with a good driver you'll put m3's to shame I can't say the same for the cobra unless you throw a ton of money in the chassis and suspension department at the end of the day cobra is fast in a straight line and that raw feeling of the car beign squirly and burning rubber ( which is great fun) that's the car not getting the job done

dwish

Established Member
I wouldn't track a daily driver, so handling "issues" in the Cobra are negligible when zooming around town at respectful speeds.

Last edited:

Gravik

Established Member
I like Termi's. at this point, I would rather have a 5.0. The more I see the price tag clime on Termi's, the less I want one.

cj428mach

Established Member
I like Termi's. at this point, I would rather have a 5.0. The more I see the price tag clime on Termi's, the less I want one.

If you're seeing prices go up wouldn't that be a sign that you should buy one?:??:

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
The coyote is an amazing motor, to say the least. A big bore 5.0 4v with fr500 heads will make around 430-60 rwhp with the old school ECM that hinders tunning. Was it mass produced? No but the technology was around then to have what we have now with the coyote motor, it just took ford this long to mass produce it probably due to politics.

When I see a new GT I think to myself "That's a sexy car" but when I see a terminator it's like I've spotted a dangerous animal and I watch it until it leaves my sight. There's just something special about the 03-04 Cobras maybe because the mustang kind of sucked for so long until the terminator Cobra came out, that car gave us Ford fans deliverance.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The coyote is an amazing motor, to say the least. A big bore 5.0 4v with fr500 heads will make around 430-60 rwhp with the old school ECM that hinders tunning. Was it mass produced? No but the technology was around then to have what we have now with the coyote motor, it just took ford this long to mass produce it probably due to politics.

When I see a new GT I think to myself "That's a sexy car" but when I see a terminator it's like I've spotted a dangerous animal and I watch it until it leaves my sight. There's just something special about the 03-04 Cobras maybe because mustangs kind of sucked for so long until the terminator came out, that car gave us Ford fans deliverance.

Well put...:beer:

I have both and love both for what they are. But as I mentioned the 5.0 is not my weekend warrior but my daily beater. :D

AKcobra

Established Member
I have an 04 Terminator and a 2012 Boss Laguna Seca. I love both of them. They are both completely different cars, and I love them for different reasons. I can say I would wave bye bye to the Boss before letting my Cobra go. I don't know exactly why. To each his own. They are both amazing cars with different characteristics that make them unique. Pitting one against the other is idiotic. Enjoy life and the ride you have.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
WOW!:eek:

People seriously financing $45k to drive a Mustang GT.... screw that:xpl:

To each its own I guess.

If you have not driven a fully optioned GT you wouldn't understand. Like most things in this world you get what you pay for. Don't read into it being a "GT" too much. Between a true base GT (msrp 31k ish) and a loaded premium are very different cars. You seem like a just a guy who only lurks through the thread trying to critize ppl. Unless you've seen/driven/done it yourself... Shut your mouth. No I didn't pay 45k for mine if you think I'm trying to defend that figure.

Almost forgot most ppl have trade in or put cash down. So you may finance like 20k which isn't bad at all. Not everyone is like you my friend

LariatPSD

Established Member
My wife's car is a pullied and tuned 04 Termi and it runs door handle to door handle with my tuned GT500.

So Cobra.

Sent from my GS3

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Oh please oh please explain this luxurious, exotic fully optioned GT package to me:shrug:

Go test drive a stripped down base GT then a fully optioned GT. being on the Internet for everything will not do it justice.

Edit: but but but car and driver said..... i remember your name now. im still new so putting the pieces together. I see you on almost every thread attacking ppl. So in a nut shell you a internet troll and a real life loser. Talking about cars you havent even driven. Dont even try to flip it bc going by your past posts you clearly have no actual seat time in them.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
lets not start comparing new to used prices....:shrug:

There are LOTS of things to compare!

New vs New
Mod for Mod
Dollar Mod for Dollar Mod
Resale Value of each
Boost possibility of each
Cult Following of each
Rarity
Etc
Etc

Or do we only use one that benefits YOUR point of view? :dw:

BladeX10

Established Member
in the end of it all, build what you like and enjoy it. A car is a blank canvas for the owners own self expression. We all love cars and the hobby. Bickering over the silly details that really don't matter is nonsense, so why take it seriously?

+1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread