2003 Cobra vs 2003 Porsche 911 GT3

weaselp1

Established Member
So I was on my way to the liquor store to grab me a bottle of moonshine and on the highway i came across a 911 GT3...I know its a 2003 because the owner lives in my subdivision and always brags to one of our neighbors how he has the fastest car around. I just picked my cobra up in jan 2013, so this is one of the first times i have had it out in the milwaukee area. Anyway, the GT3 came up from behind me and went past me, so i decided to catch up to him. He gave me the thumbs up and on 3 we went from about 55 -100. I beat him by about 3 car lengths and went on my way to the liquor store. I was checking out and I saw him pull up to the store, walk in and grab an expensive bottle of scotch. I walked outside and waited for him to get out of the store; he walked out and said to me "nice car, but it is still a mustang" i said back to him, "i live for times like this when i can beat a 100k plus car" he told me to F off and we both went on our way..I wanted to say something more to him, but he looked kinda pissed off..needless to say, I am still grinning from ear to ear.....what a great first kill :banana:

:lol::lol::lol:
OP enjoy the moment. :rockon: When you get a Porsche guy so mad with a mustang kill, you are on top of the world. :rockon: :beer:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
When he said "it's just another mustang" You should have said "no....apparently it's a porsche slayer." Def not a good sport about it and i'm sure he'll tell his friends a different story. Sweet kill OP.

weaselp1

Established Member
Sounds like an asshole . Good kill op

thanks! :rockon:

Nice....now drive by his house and rev your engine....

i already have thought about this....im not going to do it quite yet, im gonna wait to the weekend and drive by his house a couple of times to see if he is outside cleaning his 911...then i will drive by and give him a reminder :)

OP enjoy the moment. :rockon: When you get a Porsche guy so mad with a mustang kill, you are on top of the world. :rockon: :beer:

+1

When he said "it's just another mustang" You should have said "no....apparently it's a porsche slayer." Def not a good sport about it and i'm sure he'll tell his friends a different story. Sweet kill OP.

LOL....that quote is now stored into memory for next time :)

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Nice kill.....Sounds like he deserved it...Yeah a lot of guys in my Porsche club seem to act that way...Seems the more money they spend the more of an attitude appears....

I almost have the same story, but I was at one of my Porsche meets with my Cobra and there was a guy there talking trash about my 04 Cobra which he thought was a plain Jane Mustang and how its probably a six cylinder.. so as we were both leaving the meeting (him in a 996) I left him 4 car lengths behind in front of the entire Porsche club....then he tells me...ohhhh I didn't know it was a Cobra the next time we met...He was pretty much humble after that...

weaselp1

Established Member
Nice kill.....Sounds like he deserved it...Yeah a lot of guys in my Porsche club seem to act that way...Seems the more money they spend the more of an attitude appears....

I almost have the same story, but I was at one of my Porsche meets with my Cobra and there was a guy there talking trash about my 04 Cobra which he thought was a plain Jane Mustang and how its probably a six cylinder.. so as we were both leaving the meeting (him in a 996) I left him 4 car lengths behind in front of the entire Porsche club....then he tells me...ohhhh I didn't know it was a Cobra the next time we met...He was pretty much humble after that...

awesome! i cant wait to kill another porsche or a m3 or something...for some reason it just is more gratifying for me to beat a german car over an american muscle car...dont get me wrong, im sure they all are gratifying.... :)

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Haha, that's awesome. I love watching people get upset when they lose. Good kill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pschwind

Established Member
I read this and then realized who it was... nice kill Mike. God I miss my Shelby!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I see a new tag in your future. "GT3 LOL"

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The old GT3's are pretty quick. Good kill. At this point anyone driving anything 996 doesn't have much room to brag or think they're hot shit.

weaselp1

Established Member
I see a new tag in your future. "GT3 LOL"

haha...i avoided a personalized plate bc i dont want to attract more attention than i already have with a zinc yellow cobra with a 4inch cowl hood and a black stripe...but yes, i might have to consider that for when my plates are up for renewal :rolling:

weaselp1

Established Member

That would be pretty balsy.

LOL, yes it would....im all for letting my cobra do the talking anyway :)

i am sure this wont be the last encounter i have with this guy....but i am confident that i will be able to win the next time when the encounter happens :)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
There is a zr1 in my complex, after I beat him I might get zr1 lol.

Kidding of course.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I'm totally saying that to the next over priced car/ exotic I put a whoppin on that thinks they're slick with that remark.. Haha thanks

And nice kill op, from first glance I thought it said it was a gt2 run.. Now those gt2's aka the widow makers a rare! But yeah the low Tq of the gt3 doesn't stand a chance against a termi.

Users who are viewing this thread