2003 dsg Ohio

Zemedici

Established Member
Last year after I found my dream cobra, an original owner 15k mile SB coupe, I bought it sight unseen and lined up a truck to buy also. Flew out to Baltimore from Sacramento and went to see the truck, was a pile of shiii. Found one in northern jersey, rented a car drove up there and the torque converter was going out, bastard forgot to mention that. Then finally found a decent f350 in Pennsylvania drove out there and bought it, drove back to Baltimore rented a trailer, picked up the cobra and drove all the way back to about Reno where the rear wheel bearing disintegrated and was no longer driveable. Luckily I had AAA, they towed my truck home but wouldn't tow the trailer. So I had to rent a box from uhaul and tow it back. Did all this in 3 days lol. Nonetheless I don't regret it. Was a beautiful car and still is! Congrats on the twins!

OP very nice example of a DSG, this will sell quick.

Holy long weekend batman....

:eek:

badjuicedgt

Established Member
mapa03 why didn't you just unload the car off the trailer and drive the rest of the way home from reno, instead of renting a box truck would have been less money and probably way more fun. Especially since they were already towing the truck. I wish I could have driven my car home when I bought it since it was only 2 hours from my house but it was just me so I had to haul it home my wife was at work and when she got home and opened her garage door up there sat my cobra in her spot. She had no clue I was going to get it or that I was buying it, so I expected there to be an angry wife walking in the house and all I got was did you buy that? Is it a real cobra? I go of course it is and I asked her what she thought and she said she loved it and wanted to go for a ride. I got lucky and got a great wife that expects me to show up with new toys and she doesn't even get mad.

rikhockey

Established Member
I am in Toledo and have a red 93 Cobra that maybe a possibility for trade plus cash?
Red gray cloth sunroof car. 87k i believe! Don't drive it a much. Has heads Cam Intake and a Novi 2000 at 8.5 lb boost. put 469hp to tires. Tuned by alternative auto up in Detroit. It was repainted before i purchase it back in 2004. Let me know if your interested. I have never listed this car for sale but have been thinking about something different. Let me know if not good luck with sale. Looks like a nice car!

Erick

No.474

Established Member
Thanks for the offer hockey, just looking to sell, and yes gacious it's still for sale as of now

Users who are viewing this thread