2004 cobra minitubbed

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
So you say you did this for traction? To me it looks like you did it for looks. :shrug:

It does look cool as hell with big meats out back, but you could have spent the money on suspension and got better traction. I mean, you don't even have subframe connectors?????:??:

I am hoping that this is just the beginning and you plan on doing these other mods.

There are cars going 7.3's @ over 195 MPH on little 275-60-15 MT's.

I'm not trying to be an ass, just wondering that's all.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
So you say you did this for traction? To me it looks like you did it for looks. :shrug:

It does look cool as hell with big meats out back, but you could have spent the money on suspension and got better traction. I mean, you don't even have subframe connectors?????:??:

I am hoping that this is just the beginning and you plan on doing these other mods.

I thought about this as well. It does look sick but damn.

tommygun

Established Member
there is one car that went 6.98 on 275s haha

The quest for traction starts with the right suspension, not by installing the biggest tire that they make for a 18in wheel. You can hook on a smaller tire, look at Novi357 who has gone 8s on a smaller 17in tire.

Im on the fence if I like it.

mystichrome_kb

just a misfiring KB cobra
Established Member

yes im doing it for traction because my car really never sees the track so i want as much meat on the street as possible. on the suspension part your right, thats why just about every part MM makes for suspension is on the way including the full subframe connectors.i havent made it to the track in the last 2 years so all ive been doing this time is modding the crap of my car.i just hope once all the suspension work goes in ill hook.

mystichrome_kb

Established Member
I read what he wrote but I was hoping there was a mistake somewhere. Those wheels look like ass is all im saying..

i didnt like them that much either but i like to be different then every mustang out here. there must be at least 15 mustang around here saleen wheels. i love them too but theyre just to played oud.

Digital

Established Member
Looks good man. I barely got my 325x50s under mine, all about back spacing and spring height I suppose.

dsc00553a.jpg

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

-snip-

Those 15 and 16inch MTs have a lot more sidewall and drive like absolute garbage on the street. They can also be unstable at high speeds on less than perfect roads.

In a high hp street car having the ability to run more tire on a 17/18inch wheel is definitely useful.

I do agree with the other part of your post about suspension mods though..:beer:

mystichrome_kb

Established Member
Those 15 and 16inch MTs have a lot more sidewall and drive like absolute garbage on the street. They can also be unstable at high speeds on less than perfect roads.

In a high hp street car having the ability to run more tire on a 17/18inch wheel is definitely useful.

I do agree with the other part of your post about suspension mods though..:beer:

i had my car up to about 140 on m/t 26x10x15 slicks on the highway and that was scary.just to shaky, now with these i went to 160 and if felt fine.on the suspension part you name it and its all going in.i just a car that really hooks on the street where i do pretty much all my driving.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
man really nice work, i want to do this to my car one day, you can literally fit any tire under there!

bwahl602

Established Member
nice job looks good

but i agree with 04 sleeper... ur quest might need to go way past traditional SFCs... thats a lot of power your trying to hook

be careful, if the car does hook up without the chassis rigidity parts you can probably twist the car up real good...and it might not untwist

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

I was just making a statement. I have friends pulling 1.45 60 ft's on 315-35-17's on 17 X 10's. So no unstable ride and still killer short times.
:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread