2006 Track Event Schedule

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
The Cobra R reunion should definately have a race associated with the event! :rockon: It was very well run and didnt take any time away from the open track groups, and it added alot of excitement....once we have the location pegged, I'll plan on getting time off to be there :beer: all locations should be do-able for me except barber, thats quite a haul!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
all locations should be do-able for me except barber, thats quite a haul!

I'm with you Ken. I don't think I would be able to do a Cobra R Challenge Race down South at VIR, CMP or Barber?

Cobra-R

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'm with you Ken. I don't think I would be able to do a Cobra R Challenge Race down South at VIR, CMP or Barber?

Bruce,
Are you still planning on going to Road Atlanta early spring? Maybe you could kill two birds with one stone coming to the CMP SCMC event. :poke:

Regarding the R meet. I don't know what I am doing in regards to racing in 06 yet. I am kinda burned out from racing still, havn't touched the car since the Putnam race. I plan on racing AV8SS at CMP in March, beyond that I am still undecided.

Doc, Gene, and any other R members would be cool to see come up and join the party at CMP in March. I'll even buy the first round of beers. :)

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobra-R said:
Bruce,
Are you still planning on going to Road Atlanta early spring? Maybe you could kill two birds with one stone coming to the CMP SCMC event. :poke:

Regarding the R meet. I don't know what I am doing in regards to racing in 06 yet. I am kinda burned out from racing still, havn't touched the car since the Putnam race. I plan on racing AV8SS at CMP in March, beyond that I am still undecided.

Doc, Gene, and any other R members would be cool to see come up and join the party at CMP in March. I'll even buy the first round of beers. :)

Brian

Brian:

Good point! The NASA event I was looking at is the following weekend at Road Atlanta. I'm hoping to talk the Moran's, Wes and Peter and maybe Damian into making the trek down there?

I know of what you speak when you refer to burn out! The schedule I set for last year was WAY over what was humanly possible. However I somehow managed to survive the year? And I do mean survive? This year will be lots different. Many more sacrifices will No Doubt need to be made this year?!?

Doc and Gene already know this but anyone else beware of what Brian calls beer. :xpl: The rest of us will make sure we keep bringing the "Good Stuff"! :beer: ;-)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Cobra-R said:
"We are definately going to have the 2nd annual Cobra R invitational. I hope to have the schedule completed before Christmas. We can then decide on where we want to have it. The 4 additional possibilities include Nelson Ledges, VIR, Mid-Ohio or Barbers..... Does that work for you guys?"
I like the idea of M-Ohio. It's a challenging course and is located (sorta) in the middle of the east. It's a Mustang friendly course.

I like VIR since it's a half day drive for me. :-D It's also Mustang friendly.

I don't think Barber is very Mustang R friendly, but that's JMO. It's also a loonngg way for some of you.

It's a little known fact that you just can't get to Gingerman from the southern states. :dw:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Brian:

Good point! The NASA event I was looking at is the following weekend at Road Atlanta. I'm hoping to talk the Moran's, Wes and Peter and maybe Damian into making the trek down there?

I know of what you speak when you refer to burn out! The schedule I set for last year was WAY over what was humanly possible. However I somehow managed to survive the year? And I do mean survive? This year will be lots different. Many more sacrifices will No Doubt need to be made this year?!?

Doc and Gene already know this but anyone else beware of what Brian calls beer. :xpl: The rest of us will make sure we keep bringing the "Good Stuff"! :beer: ;-)

Thanks, Bruce. I was going to say, that I didn't think Brian could buy p-water in the south, but I guess he could boot-leg it in.
I should be there regardless of refreshments, as long as I get my car back together. It's on a diet with upgrades.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
My thought was that I post a few events off the AV8SS schedule (so we can include a race) and then also post a few non-AV8SS events to see where the majority wants to go. "We" would be defined as the group here and I was also thinking a poll would be the best way to do it. I would rather wait until we have all the dates before we open a poll up. It should be soon.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Cobra R Man said:
Thanks, Bruce. I was going to say, that I didn't think Brian could buy p-water in the south, but I guess he could boot-leg it in.

I'll bring some extra just in case. :banana:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
My thought was that I post a few events off the AV8SS schedule (so we can include a race) and then also post a few non-AV8SS events to see where the majority wants to go. "We" would be defined as the group here and I was also thinking a poll would be the best way to do it. I would rather wait until we have all the dates before we open a poll up. It should be soon.
works for me :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Updated

2006 schedule:

MARCH 11-12 SCMC Carolina Motorsports Park - confirmed

APRIL 8-9 MFBA Road America
APRIL 15-16 NASA MIDWEST-----BLACKHAWK FARM-----FIRM
APRIL 21-23 Mid Ohio NASA OH/IN (From NASA schedule)

MAY 6 SNW Milwaukee Mile
MAY 20-21 NASA MIDWEST-------PUTNAM PARK with NASA OH/IN
MAY 20-21 SVTOA Auto-Bahn - confirmed

JUNE 5-6??? CMR/Phoenix Watkins Glen
JUNE 10-11th SVTOA Putnam - Confirmed
JUNE 10-11 Beaver Run NASA OH/IN (From NASA schedule)
JUNE 17-18 NASA MIDWEST----MAM (father's day weekend)----FIRM
JUNE 30-July 2 SAAC National - VIR - confirmed

JULY 7-9 Mid Ohio NASA OH/IN (From NASA schedule)
JULY 8-9 NASA MIDWEST----- ROAD AMERICA with Ferrari Club
JULY 15-16 SVTOA Gingerman - confirmed
JULY 22-23 NASA MIDWEST-----AUTOBAHN with NASA OH/IN-----FIRM

AUGUST 4-6 Northwoods Region SAAC - Road America - confirmed
AUGUST 12-13 NASA MIDWEST-----MID O Nationals PRACTICE with NASA OH/IN---FIRM

SEPTEMBER 11-17 Mid-Ohio NASA Nationals IN/OH (From NASA schedule)
SEPTEMBER 23-24 SCMC Gingerman - confirmed
SEPTEMBER 22-24 Badger Bimmers Road America
SEPTEMBER 30-Oct 1 SNW Auto-Bahn

OCTOBER 7-8 Putnam Park NASA IN/OH (From NASA schedule)
OCTOBER 14-15 MFBA Road America
OCTOBER 21-22 NASA MIDWEST----Midwest Region Season Finale at ROAD AMERICA

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Updated

2006 schedule:

MARCH 11-12 SCMC Carolina Motorsports Park - confirmed

APRIL 8-9 MFBA Road America
APRIL 15-16 NASA MIDWEST-----BLACKHAWK FARM-----FIRM
APRIL 21-23 Mid Ohio NASA OH/IN (From NASA schedule)

MAY 6 SNW Milwaukee Mile
MAY 20-21 NASA MIDWEST-------PUTNAM PARK with NASA OH/IN
MAY 20-21 SVTOA Auto-Bahn - confirmed

JUNE 5-6 Phoenix CMR Watkins Glen - confirmed
JUNE 10-11 SVTOA Putnam - Confirmed
JUNE 10-11 Beaver Run NASA OH/IN (From NASA schedule)
JUNE 17-18 NASA MIDWEST----MAM (father's day weekend)----FIRM
JUNE 30-July 2 SAAC National - VIR - confirmed

JULY 7-9 Mid Ohio NASA OH/IN (From NASA schedule)
JULY 8-9 NASA MIDWEST----- ROAD AMERICA with Ferrari Club
JULY 15-16 SVTOA Gingerman - confirmed
JULY 22-23 NASA MIDWEST-----AUTOBAHN with NASA OH/IN-----FIRM

AUGUST 4-6 Northwoods Region SAAC - Road America - confirmed
AUGUST 12-13 NASA MIDWEST-----MID O Nationals PRACTICE with NASA OH/IN---FIRM
AUGUST 21-22 Phoenix CMR Watkins Glen - confirmed

SEPTEMBER 11-17 Mid-Ohio NASA Nationals IN/OH (From NASA schedule)
SEPTEMBER 23-24 SCMC Gingerman - confirmed
SEPTEMBER 22-24 Badger Bimmers Road America
SEPTEMBER 30-Oct 1 SNW Auto-Bahn

OCTOBER 7-8 Putnam Park NASA IN/OH (From NASA schedule)
OCTOBER 14-15 MFBA Road America
OCTOBER 21-22 NASA MIDWEST----Midwest Region Season Finale at ROAD AMERICA

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Fellas, looks like agreat schedule shaping up for 2006. Does someone (me) that has never run outside of the SVTOA events need to do something special to run at these listed that are not SVTOA sponsored? I.e. club membership, etc ....Thanks!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SnkBtn99 said:
Fellas, looks like agreat schedule shaping up for 2006. Does someone (me) that has never run outside of the SVTOA events need to do something special to run at these listed that are not SVTOA sponsored? I.e. club membership, etc ....Thanks!

Rick:

Most track events (in general) are run similar to an SVTOA event. Some have instructors for Novices and Beginners and some don't. There is usually some sort of classroom for the above mentioned groups if you have instructors present.

The organizers of these events break up the run groups based on experience and vehicle.

I'm not sure where you're located, how many times you've been on track or what your experiences level is? But you will find the same friendly people at most track events that you find at an SVTOA event.

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Bruce, 2006 will be my 4th year running about 5 events per year on road course. 2005 had me running in Group 4 at the SVTOA events.
Looking forward to running some different tracks with different cars in '06.
Thanks!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SnkBtn99 said:
Bruce, 2006 will be my 4th year running about 5 events per year on road course. 2005 had me running in Group 4 at the SVTOA events.
Looking forward to running some different tracks with different cars in '06.
Thanks!

Then you're like a Veteran!! :rockon:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I just read that Road America is starting a $5M renovation:
1) The main paddock will be expanded by 3.5 acres (last work was 1990).
2) Larger medical facility
3) Turns 3, 5, 6, 8, and 12 will be resurfaced with a high-wear asphalt.
4) Additional run-off in T-5 and T-13
AND
They are building Paddock Village, a 35 acre garage/workshop business park for motorsport enthusiasts (Bruce, I nominate you to get one for the R- owners). Each one will be 2700 sq ft and expandable to 16,000sf. Paddock Village membership will include track and facility privileges.

It was also announced that SVRA will be the sanctioning body for the Brain Redman International Challenge (BRIC).
SVRA schedule (two races at Rd America and Watkins Glen; one at VIR, Rd ATL, Sebring, Mid-O, Barber; and the annual One Lap of America).

Users who are viewing this thread