2007 Shelby Weight Problem????

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Miata Love said:
I never go around flooring my cars anyways

This is interesting? How do you get around in a Miata if you don't do that?

:read: :shrug:

Evil_Merlin said:
What the HELL does it matter if Ford uses a supercharger or not?

If you remember correctly the 2000 Cobra R made 400 Horsepower (it was underrated at 385).

This is SUCH a typical ricer statement.

Superchargers and turbo's ain't bandaides, and the only people that think they are, are people that get beat by cars with them.

Damn if that isn't the sound of a hammer making an impact on the head of a nail?!?! :pepper: :rockon: :bowdown:

Last edited:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
Superchargers and turbo's ain't bandaides, and the only people that think they are, are people that get beat by cars with them.
If it is not a band-aid then why can't they get 400hp out of a 4.6 or 500 out of the 5.4 without one?

Captain Beyond

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
If it is not a band-aid then why can't they get 400hp out of a 4.6 or 500 out of the 5.4 without one?

Because the 4.6 has only 281 cubes and the 5.4 has 330 cubes. The reason GM is able to make 400 hp is because their LS series V8 has 6 liters. Even their 500 hp version has 427 cubes. It's a helluva lot easier to make horsepower with displacement.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Captain Beyond said:
Because the 4.6 has only 281 cubes and the 5.4 has 330 cubes. The reason GM is able to make 400 hp is because their LS series V8 has 6 liters. Even their 500 hp version has 427 cubes. It's a helluva lot easier to make horsepower with displacement.
That's true and why Ford needs a better engine.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
No they don't. The addition of the superchargers prove that.
No the addition of the superchargers proves they need something better since its the only way they can get that kind of power.

01L2Cobra

Banned
What you don’t think its funny that Ford Europe gets cars like the Focus RS and Cosworth and we don't here in the US? Then there is Australia and the FPV Falcon and typhoon. All of those are great cars all made and sold by Ford yet we never see them or if we do they are dumbed down like the SVT Focus was.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
What you don’t think its funny that Ford Europe gets cars like the Focus RS and Cosworth and we don't here in the US? Then there is Australia and the FPV Falcon and typhoon. All of those are great cars all made and sold by Ford yet we never see them or if we do they are dumbed down like the SVT Focus was.

Because you idiot different counties have different automotive safety laws.

But you are such a car expert I thought you would have known that?

Why don't you research a little more huh?

01L2Cobra

Banned
They can all be built to pass the automotive safety laws. Look at the GTO AKA Australian Holden Monaro.

Last edited:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
They can all be built to pass the automotive safety laws. Look at the GTO AKA Australian Holden Monaro.

You do know that the reason the current Monaro is no longer going to be imported after 2006 is due to the fact it won't pass American impact regulations right?

Again, don't let facts stand in your way.

Why don't you do some reading here:

http://www.ls1gto.com

01L2Cobra

Banned
Yes I do know that but it is and has been imported. That is more than what Ford can say with the cars that I listed. Its sad that Chevy can do it and Ford can't. The Focus RS and FVP Falcon would have sold verry well here. What I think it may be is that the next RS is looking at 280hp and that puts it real close to what the Mustang GT makes and more than the V6 Mustang and why we never saw them or anything close to them.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
01L2Cobra said:
Yes I do know that but it is and has been imported. That is more than what Ford can say with the cars that I listed. Its sad that Chevy can do it and Ford can't. The Focus RS and FVP Falcon would have sold verry well here. What I think it may be is that the next RS is looking at 280hp and that puts it real close to what the Mustang GT makes and more than the V6 Mustang and why we never saw them or anything close to them.

That's probably because they performed like the '01 Cobra and they don't want to go backwards? :idea:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

Again, do some research before opening that pie hole connected to the empty thing you call a head.

It's NO LONGER BEING IMPORTED BECAUSE IT DOES NOT MEET THE 2007 IMPACT REGULATIONS.

Ford couldn't import the Focus RS because it did not meet California emissions laws, and couldn't easily be reconfigured to do so.

The FVP Falcon did not meet even the impact regulations passed in 2002.

Again, do some research before opening that pie hole connected to the empty thing you call a head.

Users who are viewing this thread