2008 vette dynos 400 RWHP STOCK no break in

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
that is not all that great,good maybe but not great, that car is rated at 436 at the crank add 15% to 395(actual dyno number) for drivetrain loss and you come up with 454,18 hp big deal.. now take my gt500 for instance that dynoed 481 stock and add 15% and you get 553. that is 53hp over rated hp at the crank, THAT IS GREAT!!!!!

the biggest the advantage the vette has is the weight, not the motor

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
that is not all that great,good maybe but not great, that car is rated at 436 at the crank add 15% to 395(actual dyno number) for drivetrain loss and you come up with 454,18 hp big deal.. now take my gt500 for instance that dynoed 481 stock and add 15% and you get 553. that is 53hp over rated hp at the crank, THAT IS GREAT!!!!!

True, but you have, by far the strongest stock dyno GT500 that I've ever seen, by a good 30rwhp. The far majority are in the 440-450 range

MedVader

Established Member
2-slow said:
Why the hell is this in here?

Because the C6 is the direct competitor for the GT500.

And judging by how many people have gotten fed up with dealer gouging and already gone and bought alternatives ranging from M3s to Porshe 911s and whatever else, it is entirely relevant.

MedVader

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
True, but you have, by far the strongest stock dyno GT500 that I've ever seen, by a good 30rwhp. The far majority are in the 440-450 range

Yup. This car had 6 miles on the odometer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3000+ mile vettes dynoing around 420 at the wheels.

And I would expect a tuned, long tube, intake car to be close to 500 at the wheels.

chuckstang

Established Member
Dam I was really thinking about getting an 08 Vette too

Oh well, just means I gota mod my GT500 some more :D

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
MedVader said:
Because the C6 is the direct competitor for the GT500.

And judging by how many people have gotten fed up with dealer gouging and already gone and bought alternatives ranging from M3s to Porshe 911s and whatever else, it is entirely relevant.
I don't see how its an "Direct Competitor" 20 years from now a vett will be a dime a dozen. My GT500 will be worth 8 maybe 10 times what a vett would go for. Besides Chevy has always been about 5 years behind on technology. I think there still there. There trying to hang in there with cu in. Its not working in my book.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
and where is the 400rwhp stock ls3? all i see is 395rwhp stock.

FEARSNO1 said:

what is your point? you know that you are taking too much pride in something that has no meaning. yes underated cars have no meaning. ex: rated car at 250hp - actual hp 300 vs rated car at 300 - actual hp 310. which one would you rather have?

395/.85 ~ 465 crank horsepower. it is very fair to say the 08 c6 is a 450 horspower car right off the lot. how much do they weigh?

395rwhp c6 vs 481rwhp gt500
3200/465 ~ 6.88
3850/565 ~ 6.81

even with your high power stock gt500 the power to weight of the new c6 is very competitive!:beer:

Last edited:

01tahoe

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
I don't see how its an "Direct Competitor" 20 years from now a vett will be a dime a dozen. My GT500 will be worth 8 maybe 10 times what a vett would go for. Besides Chevy has always been about 5 years behind on technology. I think there still there. There trying to hang in there with cu in. Its not working in my book.
How is it not working?

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:

Uhhh, I think your vintage of Cobra will be fairly dime a dozen too. It's not some sub 1,000 production R model.

mustangbee

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

and gearing, and aeros, handling etc etc etc

it doesnt really NEED a badass motor...but hell if you want power just throw on that new twin screw blower that turns 1000hp, and thats for the LS2

01tahoe

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Because cu/in for cu/in there getting there ass spanked by all. Plain and simple.
huh? cam and bolt on's for 500rwhp n/a... Sure they don't come forged with a blower from the factory but that doesn't mean they are getting there ass spanked by anyone...

mustangbee

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Because cu/in for cu/in there getting there ass spanked by all. Plain and simple.

that makes no sense...your comparing a mod, blown 5.4 vs. a pushrod NA 6.0 Lsx...and your taking about cubes?

but again their is no replacement for displacement....

"throw on that new twin screw blower that turns 1000hp, and thats for the LS2"

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:

I hate to say it, but your GT500 is still a Mustang. 90% the same as the v6 one that is on the assembly line right next to it. It never is touched by anyone from Shelby. There are 200k of your siblings made every year, so techincally your car is way more 'dime a dozen' than the vette. To say that it will be worth 8-10x the amount of a vette in 20yrs is just crazy talk. You have no possible way to prove that.

How are they 5yrs behind in technology? A pushrod motor is in no way less advanced than a OHC one. In your other post you mention hp/ci is no contest. That may be true, but that is only one way to look at it.

You use internal engine displacement to come to that conclusion, but have you thought of external engine displacement, or engine weight. If you look at it that way, Ford is WAY behind the General. Their engines are much smaller/compact from an overall volume standpoint and weighs much less.

The 7L LS7 weighs ~300# less than the s/c 5.4. How can they make a motor with 100 ci extra that is much lighter and smaller with 'old' technology. Just look at the C6 Z vs the GT500. Don't look at it from a $$$ standpoint, but a pure technology/engineering view. Both cars have the same power, but the Z is a full second and 10 mph faster than the GT500. HP is not everything. The total package is much more important.

I can understand and respect your opinion, but some of your reasons for it are just wrong.

broeli

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Wouldn't a straight axle car like the GT500 that also doesn't employ any new age composite materials to lower the weight also be considered "behind on technology"?
IMO, in 20 years a specialty Vette like the ZR1, Z06, etc. will be just as valuable as a factory specialty Mustang like the Cobra/GT500.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

Your car was totalled?

Users who are viewing this thread