2008 vette dynos 400 RWHP STOCK no break in

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
The corvette is a max effort sports car from GM. I'm sure we all agree on that LOL. If you look back in 1990 Honda came out with a mid engine sports car "NSX" that back then would just blow away a vette in every way shape and forum. If GM is going to build this car as Americas sports car then they need to get there shit together and build one. They build a rear wheel drive car with basically a big block in it. This was cool 40 years ago but not now. You've got to be kidding me. If they would of come out with a rear engine car with 4 valve v-6 or a v-8 with turbos on each side or blower id be first inline to buy one. When i first seen the latest and greatest GM came out with i just wanted to :xpl: I feel they need to step up to the plate and get it on. You have to keep in mind that its a production car. There going to sell alot of them. The Ford GT was a two year run. Tooling would have to payed for in two years. Making it a more expensive car. The same with the NSX. A late model NSX has 300 HP and almost will hang with a vette. If honda was to put a turbo on it a vette wouldn't stand a chance. Well at least they made them where you can get in it now. Sorry this is JMO but the vette has me pissed.
If they would of come out with a rear engine car with 4 valve v-6 or a v-8 with turbos on each side or blower id be first inline to buy one

I have nothing to say but WOW. Some of your comments are laughable. Porsche was doing that in the 70's talk about old tech. 28mpg out of a 427 is what I call progress. And 8 to 10 times 55 grand is 500k+ if you think that is what your car is going to be worth your high!!!. it is a mass produced vehicle.

rphinney

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
The corvette is a max effort sports car from GM. I'm sure we all agree on that LOL. If you look back in 1990 Honda came out with a mid engine sports car "NSX" that back then would just blow away a vette in every way shape and forum. If GM is going to build this car as Americas sports car then they need to get there shit together and build one. They build a rear wheel drive car with basically a big block in it. This was cool 40 years ago but not now. You've got to be kidding me. If they would of come out with a rear engine car with 4 valve v-6 or a v-8 with turbos on each side or blower id be first inline to buy one. When i first seen the latest and greatest GM came out with i just wanted to :xpl: I feel they need to step up to the plate and get it on. You have to keep in mind that its a production car. There going to sell alot of them. The Ford GT was a two year run. Tooling would have to payed for in two years. Making it a more expensive car. The same with the NSX. A late model NSX has 300 HP and almost will hang with a vette. If honda was to put a turbo on it a vette wouldn't stand a chance. Well at least they made them where you can get in it now. Sorry this is JMO but the vette has me pissed.

Holy shit???

Dude the Ls7 is nowhere close to an old big block, it weighs in less than nearly every domestic V-8 around, maybe you don'tknow but that is the same block used for the LS1/ LS2, it is not a "big block"

The Corvette is the only american sports car andholding it down rather well, look up the fastest priduction cars at the ringin Germany, the Z06 is like the 3rd fastest ever, keeping up with Ferrari's and lambos costing 3 and 4 times as much. It gets beat in the twisties by only an enzo and S7

Almo

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:

Blahahaha... sorry, the NSX is a turd and at a $75K to $80K price tag to boot even back in 1990. Almost hang with a Vette?? You're kidding right?? a NSX is a turd and a C4 would spank its ass everywhere and even give it a run on a road course. LOL.

You're too funny!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
bunk22 said:
I know it's one dyno but being MTI's was higher, are they known as having high numbers as well? Looking through LG's dyno's, it seems some look spot on while other look high........speaking of LS2 C6's. What normally seems high are the cars with their tune and headers, usually higher than other cars with a tune and different headers. Here's the same car with a tune and a few other mods:

I guess we just wait and see what other cars with similar mods put out. If those numbers are real the blown version (CTS-V) should be sick.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
05GTOguy said:
Things have reversed themselves with the GT500 though, a Z51 vette can be had for 42K while your lucky to get 10K over MSRP on a GT500.

Supply and demand. Dealers are offering $8,000+ off MSRP, AND 0% for 60months on C6s and they're still sitting on dealer lots. For whatever reasons, the GT500 is just a more desirable car. :shrug:

cobra-info

Established Member
"ILLTAKE" Nothing that you have posted in this thread holds any water, or make any sense for that matter. Here's somthing that does, you probbably left your job with GM on bad terms and thats left a bad taste in your mouth so you have nothing good to say for them......

MedVader

Established Member
Bottom Line.

The '08 C6 is now the performance bargain of the decade.

It's a better bargain than the '03/'04 Cobras were.

I have never seen so much performance and potential for so little money.

05GTOguy

Established Member
SBo3 said:
Supply and demand. Dealers are offering $8,000+ off MSRP, AND 0% for 60months on C6s and they're still sitting on dealer lots. For whatever reasons, the GT500 is just a more desirable car. :shrug:

GT500's are also rarer then base C6's, which has upped their desirability.

mustangbee

Established Member
MedVader said:
Bottom Line.

The '08 C6 is now the performance bargain of the decade.

It's a better bargain than the '03/'04 Cobras were.

I have never seen so much performance and potential for so little money.

agreed :beer: not only that but when comparing it to the GT500 the LS2 vette stayed right with the stock GT500 in acceleration..the LS3 version will have no problem topping it and it seems to respond better to mods than the LS2 even in the early stages

Last edited:

black96snake

Established Member
SBo3 said:

The 0% is only for 06 vetts and good luck finding one. The 07's have no incentives.

Bottom line, the vett is not even in the same class as a mustang. Vetts are true sports cars while mustangs are sporty cars.

The LS3 looks to be a beast, any car that can put down that kind of power but also give 28mpg on the highway is awesome in my book.

I've never been a chevy fan and the only cars that GM makes that I would even think about would be a Vett or CTS-V. I've never been a fan of GM interiors and the C6 is no exception, the overall fit finish and quality of the car is common for an american car company but for what it gives you in performance and economy it is in a class of its own.

And to the dude with the GT500; I'm glad you like your car but it is just a mustang and no matter what you do to it that won't change. Good luck with your collectable mustang.

bunk22

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I guess we just wait and see what other cars with similar mods put out. If those numbers are real the blown version (CTS-V) should be sick.

I would like to say it's track numbers that count, which they do, but the variables among those numbers are even bigger. You know, driver, weather, track, etc.

mustangbee

Established Member
well for mods im sure the LS3 can easily push 550-600whp on a tuned H/C/I setup(later on)..WITHOUT the classic LSx spray setup..now are we gonna need turbos now?? b/c a sprayed LS3 could push 650-700whp+ in a light ass vette!

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
HP per CI is a stupid ricer argument. It means nothing. Zilch. Nada. Ok, except perhaps to magazines and riceboys that want to brag.

Just because an engine uses pushrods doesn't make it technologically inferior. Similarly, just because an engine has 4Vs and OHCs doesn't make it technologically superior. It just makes them different.

If one were to take a pragmatic, honest look at the Modular vs the LSx, there is no way the LSx doesn't win the comparison. Consider...

It is lighter
It is more compact
It is at least as efficient
It is easier to maintain
It doesn't need forced induction to make good power (400+ HP) at a reasonable rpm

I didn't make any of that up, I'm certainly not a GM nutswinger, and I certainly have had some pretty decent success racing modulars. And another "and"....I am currently in the process of building up my 99 Cobra - even though I could have gone the GM/LSx route if I wanted to.

None of that changes the facts - the LSx is a superior performance engine in virtually all objective categories. Hopefully, Ford's new engine program will change that.

BTW...the new 08 Vette is an awesome machine. Personally, I wouldn't buy one, but it is still an awesome performance car.

PS....I have no idea why this thread was started in this Forum. A dyno run is NOT a timeslip, nor is it related to one.

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Here is probably better than there, and upon further review, I went and read this Forum's description: "Time slips and Dyno Graphs". Guess it is more appropriate than I thought. Oops.

Bob

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Remember the 485rwhp with longtubes and no tune is on LG's notoriously high dyno. Still impressive though.

That was with a cam, headers/midpipe and an intake (without a tune of course). If that was with headers only with no tune I'd call bullshit all day long.

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Illtaketwlight said:

You dont know a damn thing do you? Remember the Corvette ZR-1? Yea that was made in 1990. Do a little research on it.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
The fact of the matter is. 2005 C6's were dynoing in the neighborhood of 350-360rwhp, and that was good enough to equal or better the performance of the 420-440rwhp GT500 through the 1/4 mile. (stock vs stock)

Now that the base vette picked up a good 40-50 rwhp over the one from a year ago, stock vs stock, a GT500 will lose to a new stock C6 vette, and not by a trivial margin.

I know not many will leave a Gt500 stock, but stock vs stock the vette is by far the faster car now. Im not hateing at all. Im jut stating facts..

Im still going to get a GT500, because I already own a ZO6. I want both. However, if I were in the market for one or the other, it would be a tough choice.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
lilbuddy1587 said:
You dont know a damn thing do you? Remember the Corvette ZR-1? Yea that was made in 1990. Do a little research on it.

Please.. A later model NSX will NOT even come close to hanging with a ZO6. Or a GT500 for that matter.:rollseyes
Go back to Honda land.

Users who are viewing this thread