2008 vette dynos 400 RWHP STOCK no break in

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
No key board junkie i don't know what I'm talking about here. Say what you want. GM has been and will be behind in technology for some time to come. That's a fact. If the only way you can make a fast car is with cuin's then that's sad. I worked for GM and what I've said about there being behind was told to us in class many times. I guess what you don't know or don't want to know wont hurt you. Also what I've said about will happen in 20 years i guess we'll have to wait and see. But 20.000 car run verses a 100.000 car run id say I'm more on the money then you. That's if the vett isn't in the junkyard before 20 years. Because why rebuild it when there is so many others available. After working on them for years, all i can say is you can have your vett. No thanks I've got enough problems. If you only knew of the crap GM does.

broeli

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
No key board junkie i don't know what I'm talking about here. Say what you want. GM has been and will be behind in technology for some time to come. That's a fact. If the only way you can make a fast car is with cuin's then that's sad. I worked for GM and what I've said about there being behind was told to us in class many times. I guess what you don't know or don't want to know wont hurt you. Also what I've said about will happen in 20 years i guess we'll have to wait and see. But 20.000 car run verses a 100.000 car run id say I'm more on the money then you. That's if the vett isn't in the junkyard before 20 years. Because why rebuild it when there is so many others available. After working on them for years, all i can say is you can have your vett. No thanks I've got enough problems. If you only knew of the crap GM does.
:lol: I'm sorry but I've seen FAR more Mustangs in junkyards than I have Vettes. I've always been a "Ford" person..but more impotantly I am a car enthusiast. The '08 Z51 Vette wins my vote over the GT500 for basically the same money...sorry. And you are comparing production # of the BASE Corvette with the production # of the specialty Mustang. Are there more total Mustangs (base and specialty) or more Corvettes? Answer: Mustangs. If you are going to evaluate the future value of a limited run car from one company you need to compare it to the limited run car of the other..such as the Z06.
I've been around Mustangs my entire life and own several. To say that they are "quality made" compared to GM and the Vette is laughable at best. I wouldn't consider a Ford OR a GM a high end made car. The Corvette DOES offer more for the money than the GT500 does though.
Also, GM may use cubic inches..Ford uses a supercharger. Not like it's that difficult. It's not like the Mustang is running some state of the art high revving n/a motor. Who cares if the power is coming from ci or power adder.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Keep in mind that if you go for the money, throwing a blower on a large CI motor (like the Vettes) is going to be way more powerful then a 5.4 with a blower.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Remember the 485rwhp with longtubes and no tune is on LG's notoriously high dyno. Still impressive though.

bunk22

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Remember the 485rwhp with longtubes and no tune is on LG's notoriously high dyno. Still impressive though.

MTI just dynoed a stock LS3 C6 at 393rwhp SAE. Some of those stock dyno's LG has listed for the LS2 look right on. I think that 485rwhp car also had no cats.......don't quote me on that though. Not sure how much of a difference that makes. The LS3 will probably be hampered by TM just like the LS2's were, somewhat limiting performance. We'll see what guys can run with them.

Last edited:

nrmustang

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Because cu/in for cu/in there getting there ass spanked by all. Plain and simple.

Whats the CI on the GT-500 eaton? + 331=?, I know its not exactly the same, but the output is the equivilant to a 450+ CI motor.

As far as problems, Ive had a few late model chevys and still have an 00' SS Camaro vert. Some good (SS), some throw away cars. But as far as content, My wife and I rented an 07' Vette in Hawaii for a week, and with the six speed auto, I was IMPRESSED. Keyless everything w/push button=COOL and It felt about as strong as my 03' with exhaust and CAI, but much, much easier to drive. 400 HP w/ an auto :thumbsup:

No offense to anyone, but I had more retirees checking out the vette than younger enthusiast's though.

But definitely made me rethink waiting for ADM drops on the GT-500.

05GTOguy

Established Member
Some of the posts in this thread are interesting to say the least.....

Fourcam330

Established Member
bunk22 said:
MTI just dynoed a stock LS3 C6 at 393rwhp SAE. Some of those stock dyno's LG has listed for the LS2 look right on. I think that 485rwhp car also had no cats.......don't quote me on that though. Not sure how much of a difference that makes. The LS3 will probably be hampered by TM just like the LS2's were, somewhat limiting performance. We'll see what guys can run with them.

It's pretty well known that their dyno reads at the high end of the scale. Not that the LS3 isn't a killer motor.

satx

Banned
Illtaketwlight said:
i don't know what I'm talking about here.

I agree......BTW, if the GT500 is so "technology" laden, why is it that the 08 Z51 vette will own it in every performance category for the same money?

05GTOguy

Established Member
satx said:
I agree......BTW, if the GT500 is so "technology" laden, why is it that the 08 Z51 vette will own it in every performance category for the same money?

For less money. It's a weird turn around. Mustangs were always a better "bang for the buck" compared to vettes. Things have reversed themselves with the GT500 though, a Z51 vette can be had for 42K while your lucky to get 10K over MSRP on a GT500.

Where the GT500 shines though is when you mod.

bunk22

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
It's pretty well known that their dyno reads at the high end of the scale. Not that the LS3 isn't a killer motor.

I know it's one dyno but being MTI's was higher, are they known as having high numbers as well? Looking through LG's dyno's, it seems some look spot on while other look high........speaking of LS2 C6's. What normally seems high are the cars with their tune and headers, usually higher than other cars with a tune and different headers. Here's the same car with a tune and a few other mods:

Hi Guys,

The numbers are in. We just put the first Tune in and the numbers are:

506rwhp 457 rwtq

We are still testing and the car is still on the dyno. along with the tune we did simple match port on the intake manifold.

The complete package includes:
LG Motorsports G6X-4 cam
LG Pro Long TUbe Headers
K&N Air Charger
Match Ported intake
UD Pulley

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

ls3tune.JPG

Last edited:

cobraRcraig

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Because cu/in for cu/in there getting there ass spanked by all. Plain and simple.

I don't see how its an "Direct Competitor" 20 years from now a vett will be a dime a dozen. My GT500 will be worth 8 maybe 10 times what a vett would go for. Besides Chevy has always been about 5 years behind on technology. I think there still there. There trying to hang in there with cu in. Its not working in my book.

Sorry guys, but the truth is the truth. If the general is so far behind tech wise then why do the vette's get 28mpg on the hwy and your gt500 gets 21. IMO only your statements must be based on the my car can't be beat because it's a shelby. I thought us termi guys had it bad but damn dude. Are you serious about the dime a dozen crap. Possibly 30,000 gt's made and your gonna say that.

Look not trying to be a jerk, everyone knows I'm one of the biggest gt500 fans out there. In fact I'd like to buy one for my wife with the Red package. I will never pay 15 grand over sticker.

Just like I said you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

50_Dave

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
that is not all that great,good maybe but not great, that car is rated at 436 at the crank add 15% to 395(actual dyno number) for drivetrain loss and you come up with 454,18 hp big deal.. now take my gt500 for instance that dynoed 481 stock and add 15% and you get 553. that is 53hp over rated hp at the crank, THAT IS GREAT!!!!!

the biggest the advantage the vette has is the weight, not the motor

Your math is funky.

your math forumula should 395= Y*.85 whereas Y equals the HP at the crank.

That would put the corvette at 464.7 crank hp.

Likewsie, your 481 would be 565.88 crank hp based upon a %15 percent drivetrain loss.

Both are impressive, but if i have noticed anything, supercharged cars tend to be A LOT more off compared to their rated crank hp.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
The corvette is a max effort sports car from GM. I'm sure we all agree on that LOL. If you look back in 1990 Honda came out with a mid engine sports car "NSX" that back then would just blow away a vette in every way shape and forum. If GM is going to build this car as Americas sports car then they need to get there shit together and build one. They build a rear wheel drive car with basically a big block in it. This was cool 40 years ago but not now. You've got to be kidding me. If they would of come out with a rear engine car with 4 valve v-6 or a v-8 with turbos on each side or blower id be first inline to buy one. When i first seen the latest and greatest GM came out with i just wanted to :xpl: I feel they need to step up to the plate and get it on. You have to keep in mind that its a production car. There going to sell alot of them. The Ford GT was a two year run. Tooling would have to payed for in two years. Making it a more expensive car. The same with the NSX. A late model NSX has 300 HP and almost will hang with a vette. If honda was to put a turbo on it a vette wouldn't stand a chance. Well at least they made them where you can get in it now. Sorry this is JMO but the vette has me pissed.

cobra29svt

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
The corvette is a max effort sports car from GM. I'm sure we all agree on that LOL. If you look back in 1990 Honda came out with a mid engine sports car "NSX" that back then would just blow away a vette in every way shape and forum. If GM is going to build this car as Americas sports car then they need to get there shit together and build one. They build a rear wheel drive car with basically a big block in it. This was cool 40 years ago but not now. You've got to be kidding me. If they would of come out with a rear engine car with 4 valve v-6 or a v-8 with turbos on each side or blower id be first inline to buy one. When i first seen the latest and greatest GM came out with i just wanted to :xpl: I feel they need to step up to the plate and get it on. You have to keep in mind that its a production car. There going to sell alot of them. The Ford GT was a two year run. Tooling would have to payed for in two years. Making it a more expensive car. The same with the NSX. A late model NSX has 300 HP and almost will hang with a vette. If honda was to put a turbo on it a vette wouldn't stand a chance. Well at least they made them where you can get in it now. Sorry this is JMO but the vette has me pissed.

so now you're talking about a mid-engine car that cost 2x as much as the vette built 17 years ago. they didnt make 300hp until near the end of their production. think they were around 270hp back in '90. so if that car was so "bad-ass" why didnt they sell any?

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:

In what capacity did you work for General Motors? What classes did they (the company) send you to, where they explained how far behind they were technologically?

v8blazer

Established Member
Illtaketwlight, every post of yours is bashing with no examples. You're arguing a point with no proof..A car that can run low 11s @ 125 that gets nearly 30 mpg on the highway(Z06) is not impressive just because it is n/a? The GT500 though is light years ahead in tech I suppose? GM has and will continue to improve the pushrod motor because it CAN perform with the "best" tech out there.

Users who are viewing this thread