2009 GT500 or 2010 Camaro

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I was driving around today in work van and had to stop in at Chevy dealership. And to my suprise they had a 2010 Camaro sitting in the show room. So I walked around it, sat in it, talked to salesman about the options.
Anyway I was very impressed with how it all looked. I mean the interior is something I have never seen before. The styling of the body was the same way.
I drove a GT500 about a week about and wasnt to impressed with the styling.

I love the GT500 for its power potential. But lacking style on interior design.
The Camaro has 423hp vs 500hp(Stock) but no real way to get more power out of the Camaro as easily as the GT500. The Camaro's styling I think blows the GT500 away. Just the different features you can get are crazy.

So my question for GT500 owners if you had a choice to do it all over again would you consider buying th Camaro?

I know Im gonna most likely gonna get all GT500 votes here but just wanted other peoples opnions about the Camaro.

Last edited:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
well LSx motors are the shit to begin with, so big power is just as easy as the blown mod motor fords.

i stopped and looked at the camaro also. they are very nice.

i cant see spending 50k for a mustang anymore though.

luvgun74

Established Member
I love my gt500, but it's your money and your choice really. You get what YOU like, after all it's your monthly payments not ours. I love the new camaro's looks but i love the 500 hp of the shelby more and after watching my father constantly work on all his chevy's that he swore by i told my self i'd never own a chevy. You also need to consider the first year the camaro will have bugs to work out as well and the aftermarket parts will not be as readily available as the shelbys. But i personally wont hate you for buying one theyre beautiful cars but dont expect me to have mercy on you when i see you at a red light! LOL

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
well LSx motors are the shit to begin with, so big power is just as easy as the blown mod motor fords.

i stopped and looked at the camaro also. they are very nice.

i cant see spending 50k for a mustang anymore though.

What do you mean by big power for the LSx motor? Cant be as easy as adding a air take, pulley and tune and getting over 100wrhp.

Thats another factor for me. 38k for everything I want in a Camaro. Compared to 42-43k(If im lucky) for a GT500 with all options I want.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I love my gt500, but it's your money and your choice really. You get what YOU like, after all it's your monthly payments not ours. I love the new camaro's looks but i love the 500 hp of the shelby more and after watching my father constantly work on all his chevy's that he swore by i told my self i'd never own a chevy. You also need to consider the first year the camaro will have bugs to work out as well and the aftermarket parts will not be as readily available as the shelbys. But i personally wont hate you for buying one theyre beautiful cars but dont expect me to have mercy on you when i see you at a red light! LOL

I think I would regret it (power wise) once I got spanked once by a GT500 or Cobra.

Altho for the 1 year I have had my 03 Cobra. I have yet to race a single person worth racing. Hell its only been one race(if you call it that). That was a Z71 truck reving his engine at a red light. So I had a little fun with him. For about 1st gear and he was so far behind not even funny.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
to answer the question, i would still go with the gt500. i am looking forward to seeing this car when i get home though but i also thought the claim to fame was going to be more affordable hp with a stated better materials claim, 38k top line or out the door?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I think you might get a little more sympathy on the Camaro message board! :rollseyes

But seriously, I don't have a mullet so no Camaro for me!:read:

mullet.jpg

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
to answer the question, i would still go with the gt500. i am looking forward to seeing this car when i get home though but i also thought the claim to fame was going to be more affordable hp with a stated better materials claim, 38k top line or out the door?

It was 38,500 plus ttl. Thats the MSRP. That was all options I wanted but sunroof(900 bucks).
Not sure if they will come down off of it. Altho I know the GM of the local Chevy dealership. So maybe. But not holding my breath.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

There's no way changing a cam is as easy as changing a pulley (or the entire blower for that matter). And don't say that it's easy to add nitrous to the LSX and make big power, because it is just as easy to add it to the GT500. When it comes to easy power production the GT500 has it all over the N/A LSX.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
There's no way changing a cam is as easy as changing a pulley (or the entire blower for that matter). And don't say that it's easy to add nitrous to the LSX and make big power, because it is just as easy to add it to the GT500. When it comes to easy power production the GT500 has it all over the N/A LSX.

Thats what I was thinking. Just no real way to get HP out of the car easily.
Altho I dont think the Camaro was designed to keep up with GT500.
Camaro vs Ford Mustang
Corvette vs GT500

So I think Im comparing apples and oranges.

mullens

Established Member
Humm...if you check out the 1/4 mile times the Camaro SS is more comparable to the GT500 than the Vette is. They're at about 13 flat stock.

Users who are viewing this thread