2009 GT500 or 2010 Camaro

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There is no way I could buy a 2010 Camaro SS knowing that a supercharged 568hp Z28 could be coming. If you really like the Camaro, I would just wait for that. If you want something now, I'd go with and 08 or 09 GT500 below msrp.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that one, especially considering the financial shape that GM is in (and the fact that it's quickly becoming a ward of the state).

09cobragmkilr

Established Member
not just no but hell no GT500 is in a class of it's own now compare it to a GT then you have a story.ford using the 5.4 was the bomb now ford has cubic inch to stand up and pull away from the crowd.:burn:

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Id say get the Camaro then, I bought my GT500 two days before I turned 22. I didn't buy the car because of the options it offers or because the interior design. I bought to because I buy american cars that are a blast to drive. To me the GT500 interior is perfect, its comfortable it looks nice and is very functional. It is twice as nice as the 03-04 cobras and much more roomier. The car its' self is very mod friendly and there is no other car that offers as much performance for the price. The car is visually stunning to me. I love the design. I waited to see what the 2010 looked like and once I caught a glimpse I knew the 2009's was where its at. If price is a issue to you and you don't wanna spend the extra cash for a GT500 then get a Camaro and good luck with the resale value.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Wait what? When is this suppose to come? Have you read that somewhere or assuming?

Ive seen one on ebay with a supercharger but price tag of like 60k.

Chevrolet : Camaro:eBay Motors (item 110393611385 end time Jun-01-09 19:30:00 PDT)

I read it in one the the car mags. I can't remember which one. supposed to be an LS7. The problem is Obama and crew may have already squashed it.

Edit: Found the article in April 09 Motor Trend. Article also states it's on hold.

Last edited:

no one

Ultimate Driving Machine
Established Member
the reason that i got the GT500 for:
about 9000 cars made every year "i think 9000" am i right! so makes it special. on the other hand the Camaro is in mass production.....you know what i mean.

it got the dude's name on it SHELBY
enough said. LOL JK

i wouldn't mind have them both. but my first choice would be GT500.

Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Id say get the Camaro then, I bought my GT500 two days before I turned 22. I didn't buy the car because of the options it offers or because the interior design. I bought to because I buy american cars that are a blast to drive. To me the GT500 interior is perfect, its comfortable it looks nice and is very functional. It is twice as nice as the 03-04 cobras and much more roomier. The car its' self is very mod friendly and there is no other car that offers as much performance for the price. The car is visually stunning to me. I love the design. I waited to see what the 2010 looked like and once I caught a glimpse I knew the 2009's was where its at. If price is a issue to you and you don't wanna spend the extra cash for a GT500 then get a Camaro and good luck with the resale value.

I agree with you. As I would have the exact color combo you own. Its just after seeing both. The Camaro has some features that I think would be cool to have. Altho may wear off after a few months. Like the halo HID head lights. Can get that in different colors. The door panels and the dash have some kind of ambient lighting. The interior seems well put togther. Altho when sitting in the car the rearview mirror take up like the whole windshield. I guess bec of slope the windshield is at.

Im still in the air about this one. Really I think I would miss the overall power. Not to mention the whine of the supercharger.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
the reason that i got the GT500 for:
about 9000 cars made every year "i think 9000" am i right! so makes it special. on the other hand the Camaro is in mass production.....you know what i mean.

it got the dude's name on it SHELBY
enough said. LOL JK

i wouldn't mind have them both. but my first choice would be GT500.

Yeah having Shelbys name on it will make it worth money when he dies or years down the road. Really only if you get his signature on car or the dash plaque. That would make it unique.

Luckybob2485

Established Member
It sounds to me like you want the camaro, but are shying away because it wont really keep up with the gt500 in a drag race. But the camaro is no slouch at all, it is still a really powerful, quick car that will be able to make big power with modifications. If it has all the options that you want, and you can afford it, then do it. This wouldnt be my personal choice, because i dont like the styling of the camaros, but i definitely respect them.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
It sounds to me like you want the camaro, but are shying away because it wont really keep up with the gt500 in a drag race. But the camaro is no slouch at all, it is still a really powerful, quick car that will be able to make big power with modifications. If it has all the options that you want, and you can afford it, then do it. This wouldnt be my personal choice, because i dont like the styling of the camaros, but i definitely respect them.

Yeah thats my exact problem. I want the styling and power. I guess I need to just go look at both the same day. Hell they told me I cant even test drive the Camaro for like a year. I was like why in the world would I order a 38k dollar car without even driving it.
I guess I got some serious thinking to do.

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
03KB_SONICBLUE

If you're willing to spend $43,000....I just picked up my 07 GT500 with 1302 miles on it for $35,275.50 out the door on memorial day at a Lexus Dealership. There ARE some good deals out there on used GT500s.

Both the new Mustang and the new Camaro are going to be slow on new modifications coming out for them. So i wouldn't expect to be dumping money into mods on a camaro if you went that route. And as you said nothing is going to give you more bang for your buck than the GT500 engine.

Coming from a 2004 Cobra. I can't tell you enough how much I love my new GT500. My 04 Cobra was 200+lbs lighter and had 45rwhp MORE than the shelby. And yes the shelby doesn't feel as punchy and quick as the terminator did. Let me tell you......the GT500 is way way way better than the terminator. I am unbelievably happy I bought the GT500 and not another terminator.

PS: many terminator owners leave and go to the dark side and buy Vettes. Have you thought about them? (I know interior room is an issue for you, so maybe not the best option but hey...) C6 Corvettes can be had for pretty damn cheap.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
03KB_SONICBLUE

If you're willing to spend $43,000....I just picked up my 07 GT500 with 1302 miles on it for $35,275.50 out the door on memorial day at a Lexus Dealership. There ARE some good deals out there on used GT500s.

Both the new Mustang and the new Camaro are going to be slow on new modifications coming out for them. So i wouldn't expect to be dumping money into mods on a camaro if you went that route. And as you said nothing is going to give you more bang for your buck than the GT500 engine.

Coming from a 2004 Cobra. I can't tell you enough how much I love my new GT500. My 04 Cobra was 200+lbs lighter and had 45rwhp MORE than the shelby. And yes the shelby doesn't feel as punchy and quick as the terminator did. Let me tell you......the GT500 is way way way better than the terminator. I am unbelievably happy I bought the GT500 and not another terminator.

PS: many terminator owners leave and go to the dark side and buy Vettes. Have you thought about them? (I know interior room is an issue for you, so maybe not the best option but hey...) C6 Corvettes can be had for pretty damn cheap.

Yeah there are some good deals out there. Im looking for a low milage/new GT500. Want to have that new car smell and warranty. Not to mention my 03 Cobra only has 9,000 miles on it so cant buy one with more than that.
Ive looked at vettes but after seeing pricing and how I want more room on the inside led me to this decision. There are really only 2 things I like about the Camaro more than the GT500. Nothing a little custom job cant fix to get the GT500 the way I want it.

whitecobra2387

Established Member
the 2010 GT500 coupe starts at about $46k. do you really need those options anyways? a supercharged DOHC 5.4l is the only option that i need!!!

I wish it starts at $46365. Its $46365 Plus a $1000 gas guzzler tax and $870 freight charge so it starts at $48,235

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
Yeah there are some good deals out there. Im looking for a low milage/new GT500. Want to have that new car smell and warranty. Not to mention my 03 Cobra only has 9,000 miles on it so cant buy one with more than that.
Ive looked at vettes but after seeing pricing and how I want more room on the inside led me to this decision. There are really only 2 things I like about the Camaro more than the GT500. Nothing a little custom job cant fix to get the GT500 the way I want it.

I honestly haven't seen the new camaros or new SS's out on the streets yet. I dont know what kind of power they are putting down, nor really know what they finally look like. I've only seen them at the javit's convention in NY.

But you should go test drive the camaro and see which you prefer really. If you weren't impressed with the GT500 power vs your terminator... I wouldnt' hold your breath for the Camaro test drive...

ps: you do know GM is thinking about filing for bankruptcy next week, yes? :pop:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If the 2010 GT500 isn't in your budget then why start the thread in the first place? Just sayin.....

ff500

Established Member
Its a 3yr/36 bumper to bumper and 5yr/60 powertrain, you could always buy an extended warranty if that really concerned you with any used car you might consider.

As for your op, if you're considering the Camaro I would also look at the Challanger I saw a black RT with a moonroof and the 5.7 for 27K brand new.

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
Its a 3yr/36 bumper to bumper and 5yr/60 powertrain, you could always buy an extended warranty if that really concerned you with any used car you might consider.

As for your op, if you're considering the Camaro I would also look at the Challanger I saw a black RT with a moonroof and the 5.7 for 27K brand new.

+1 If you're not buying a mustang. I would rather see you in a Challenger than a Camaro.....and I dont even know you. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread