2009 GT500 or 2010 Camaro

Seahorse

Established Member
I'm probably in the minority in that I actually like the new Camaro, but not near enough to have considered it over my GT500. And if you think the rear of the 2010 Mustang is bad, well have a look at this...

DSC03220.jpg

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I'm probably in the minority in that I actually like the new Camaro, but not near enough to have considered it over my GT500. And if you think the rear of the 2010 Mustang is bad, well have a look at this...

DSC03220.jpg

That looks horrible. But that has a body kit from factory, I think. The one I looked at today did not have all that lower bumper stuff.
Looks 100x's better with out the body kit.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hold on I'll make up your mind for you. I'll be right back..............

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
you not comparing the cars the same. look at a 2010GT500 and then compare it to the camero SS. then you decide

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
This should seal the deal lol. This is how you should try and keep brake squeel down.

Camaro_brake_weights.jpg

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yeah those pics are cause for concern. But the GT500 is no angel. Have to seen the paint job (orange peel)? Im sure there are a few other things I just havent looked that closely. Oh. TSB on clutch stuff. Why not just fix all the cars? Not if the cars have problems then fix it. Took Ford 3 years to firgure out bad clutch parts? Cause for concern.

Just not really the same cars. But if you really go look at the 2010 Camaro and look at options you can get on it. WAY more than he 4 options the GT500 gives you.

Last I saw the 2010 GT500s were gonna be over 50k? If they are close to 45k I would consider it. Otherwise out of my budget.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
No offense but you have a very nice cobra if you are not happy with it I would really be surprised if you would be happy in that Camaro. That Camaro is going to make your cobra feel like a go cart.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the 2010 GT500 coupe starts at about $46k. do you really need those options anyways? a supercharged DOHC 5.4l is the only option that i need!!!

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
No offense but you have a very nice cobra if you are not happy with it I would really be surprised if you would be happy in that Camaro. That Camaro is going to make your cobra feel like a go cart.

Im happy with it. Just want a little more room. The seats arent all that comfy and while its been fun having. Just dont use all the power that I paid for. So thats why I was looking into these to cars. More room with descent power.
If I could have the GT500 motor in a Camaro I would be sold. So I guess I have to decide which is more important. Power or luxury items.
Unless the 2010 GT500 is affordable. Ive pics of it. Looks 100x's better than the current version. Altho a few things I dont like.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
There is no way I could buy a 2010 Camaro SS knowing that a supercharged 568hp Z28 could be coming. If you really like the Camaro, I would just wait for that. If you want something now, I'd go with and 08 or 09 GT500 below msrp.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
There is no way I could buy a 2010 Camaro SS knowing that a supercharged 568hp Z28 could be coming. If you really like the Camaro, I would just wait for that. If you want something now, I'd go with and 08 or 09 GT500 below msrp.

Wait what? When is this suppose to come? Have you read that somewhere or assuming?

Ive seen one on ebay with a supercharger but price tag of like 60k.

Chevrolet : Camaro:eBay Motors (item 110393611385 end time Jun-01-09 19:30:00 PDT)

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Thats what I was thinking. Just no real way to get HP out of the car easily.
Altho I dont think the Camaro was designed to keep up with GT500.
Camaro vs Ford Mustang
Corvette vs GT500

So I think Im comparing apples and oranges.

The vette is in no way a direct competitor with any Mustang. It's like saying a Dodge Caravan is a competitor to a Ford Expedition, they are in two completely differnt vehicle classes. The Cam is GM's answer to the Mustang. They just don't have one that compares to the GT500.

DSC03220.jpg

Are those little chrome things around the exhaust metal or plastic?

Just not really the same cars. But if you really go look at the 2010 Camaro and look at options you can get on it. WAY more than he 4 options the GT500 gives you.

That is likely because the GT500 is a top of the line model and the Cam does not come with same equipment the GT500 offers as standard. More standard equipment usually translates into less options.

Users who are viewing this thread