2009 GT500 or 2010 Camaro

L1ghtning

2001 ford lightning
Established Member
Here is some advise. Buy what you want to buy and what is going to float your boat. I don't care if it is gt500 or camaro. I have a gt500 and love it but i would love to see some new camaros to roast on the street. It is your money, spend it wisely.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Car and Driver said your doo would rub the headliner if you were more than 5-7".
Thats not cool. Neither is the cockpit of Camaro but Im going to be nice.

Id much rather have your Term.

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
Here is some advise. Buy what you want to buy and what is going to float your boat. I don't care if it is gt500 or camaro. I have a gt500 and love it but i would love to see some new camaros to roast on the street. It is your money, spend it wisely.

I too have been patiently waiting..LOL

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Car and Driver said your doo would rub the headliner if you were more than 5-7".
Thats not cool. Neither is the cockpit of Camaro but Im going to be nice.

Id much rather have your Term.

Well they better learn how to measure again. Im 6' tall and didnt even feel like I was gonna hit.
They just got a SS in at local shop. If I got time tom Im gonna go drive and see how the power feels. Thats if they let me drive it.

L1ghtning

2001 ford lightning
Established Member
the dealership in my local town want $55,000 for there ss, insane markup just like the first year of the gt 500. Wait a year if you want the camaro. Still waiting to see them on the streets in my rear view.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
the dealership in my local town want $55,000 for there ss, insane markup just like the first year of the gt 500. Wait a year if you want the camaro. Still waiting to see them on the streets in my rear view.

My local dealer is selling them for sticker (38k for SS and 30,500 for the V6). I guess every dealer is diff tho.
I think I am gonna wait a year and see what happens. That way GM may come out with Z28 supercharged Camaro. Suppose to make like 530rwhp and 500ft/tq. So would be a good race between GT500 and Camaro.
Last I heard they put it on hold tho.
Suppose to come out with a convertible Camaro in 2011. So we will see if they have any other suprises up their sleeves.
Not to mention will give the GT500 time to come down in price on the 2010s as well. Altho not a big fan of the rear bumper.

Last edited:

L1ghtning

2001 ford lightning
Established Member
Yeah but once the government owns 70% of GM you will never ever see the z28 make it to production. You will be lucky to see V8 SS make it more than a couple years. I see them putting a turbo to the v6 and calling that an SS. I think the government will put so many ristriction on fuel economy they will not have room for 2 gas guzzlers. My $.02

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yeah but once the government owns 70% of GM you will never ever see the z28 make it to production. You will be lucky to see V8 SS make it more than a couple years. I see them putting a turbo to the v6 and calling that an SS. I think the government will put so many ristriction on fuel economy they will not have room for 2 gas guzzlers. My $.02

Yeah I have a feeling thats gonna happen. Ive seen a few Camaros with superchragers on them already. Making like 560rwhp. Price tag of 60k tho.
I really dont see how that adding air intake, supercharger, exhaust and tune= 20k?:shrug:
I may look into just buying a Camaro in 2011 and by then they should have more aftermarket parts out. Not to mention dealers may actually come off of MSRP.

Prodigy SVT

Established Member
I wonder if the Supercharger on the Z28 will have wheel weights stacked on top of it? Man, the wheel weight thing is just a factory hack job. They should change their new slogan to "Total Incompetence" rather than "Total Confidence". The new Camaro makes me want to puke. Ford did the retro look on the Mustang in 05 and nailed it. It took GM 4 years longer to jump on the retro band wagon and they produced that pile of crap? Thats fu@*%g weak! Buy some stock in wheel weights and these cars will pay for themself. Go for the GT500.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I wonder if the Supercharger on the Z28 will have wheel weights stacked on top of it? Man, the wheel weight thing is just a factory hack job. They should change their new slogan to "Total Incompetence" rather than "Total Confidence". The new Camaro makes me want to puke. Ford did the retro look on the Mustang in 05 and nailed it. It took GM 4 years longer to jump on the retro band wagon and they produced that pile of crap? Thats fu@*%g weak! Buy some stock in wheel weights and these cars will pay for themself. Go for the GT500.

Easy. dont get all worked up. I would like to know more about that pic. Ive seen 2 cars in person and havent noticed weights on the caliper.
The GT500 has had its flaws. So dont let 1 thing stop you from looking at the Camaro. Its in its first year run so will have bugs.
Hell the GT500 3 years later still has problems with clutch and flywheel. Took Ford that long to figure it out. :shrug:

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
... Ive seen a few Camaros with superchragers on them already. Making like 560rwhp. Price tag of 60k tho.
I really dont see how that adding air intake, supercharger, exhaust and tune= 20k?:shrug:

Even if they matched the price of a GT500, it still wouldn't be a forged, hand built motor designed for use with a supercharger. And what kind of warranty would such a Camaro have?

Not a Camaro hater, but it is apples and oranges the way I see it. And putting lights on the doors or removing the bowtie doesn't cut it.

Prodigy SVT

Established Member
Well, these cars have 0 miles on them sitting on the lot and already have apparent problems. Wait til they get driven and some miles put on them. The GT500 has one issue, that being the clutch. Well I would rather have a clutch that will hold up to the power the car makes and put up with some chatter. Frequent stop and go Sunday driving is what makes the twin disc clutch burn up. There are GT500's making 700+ hp at the wheels and their clutch is just fine. BTW, The wheel weights are on the caliper, not the brake pads.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Even if they matched the price of a GT500, it still wouldn't be a forged, hand built motor designed for use with a supercharger. And what kind of warranty would such a Camaro have?

Not a Camaro hater, but it is apples and oranges the way I see it. And putting lights on the doors or removing the bowtie doesn't cut it.

Your right. Its two totally different cars.

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
I liked the interior lighting on the Camaro. The lighting is on the doors and on the dash. I think its pretty cool.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1020/2481/2548740028_large.jpg

I know the GT500 has ambient lighting but thats just cup holders and floor boards.

Also wouldnt mind having the head lights. I really like th halo ring they put in the HIDs.

http://static2.smallworldlabs.com/n...5/48fc0e672c3be10_15_08_Camaro_headlights.jpg

You can get that ring in different colors. So have blue hids and a red ring.
Like this. I think it would look pretty cool having blue HIDs with red ring. Almost mean looking driving down the road.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3368619483_fff9622d86.jpg

As far as customizing a GT500 really get Alcoa rims for it and shebly dash plaque is about all I can/would do to it.

MEH, all those features to me seem geared toward a teenage fast and furious crowd. And halo-rings really only look good on imports, and thats not saying much cause i think they look ricey which looks gay =)

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
MEH, all those features to me seem geared toward a teenage fast and furious crowd. And halo-rings really only look good on imports, and thats not saying much cause i think they look ricey which looks gay =)

Every one has their one opnions and taste. I like it bec there is nothing like it on the road yet.
BUT I did alot of thinking last night.
Once the Camaros are actually on the lots they will be all over the place. So yes if I bought one now would be only one on the road but for how long.
Whereas the GT500 has been out for 3 years and I RARELY see one of those.
Not to metion someone stated the engine in the GT500 is hand built with forged internals designed to have a supercharger. Whereas the Camaro engine is not.
So yes I love the look of the Camaro but not enough power.
So the GT500 wins.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
30,500 for a v6?? is that right?? wtf??

not that it would be an option but that is insane. this thread really sparked some replies though..lol..

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
new camaro = ugly heavy brick, puketastic interior looks like the mothership has landed on earth and turned its self into a camaro = uglyyy!! and all this time rankin on mustangs and gto for being to heavy of a brick the new camaro takes the cake and chalengers.

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
I would and will boycott Government Motors.
Get the Shelby.
GM needs to fail as with BHO's ideology.
IF the GM project takes off the Pres will tell Ford how to build cars too.
There is a lot at stake here guys beyond just car liberties and the
potential for $1.00+ per gallon Fed taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread