2009 GT500 or 2010 Camaro

Blaine

Established Member
See and I watched a vido where another company did a comparison of all 3 and they choose the Camaro bec of power and quailty of the build. They said the Mustang felt/looked cheaply make with all the plastic. :shrug:

Here you go. Motor Trend picked the Camaro as king.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T vs. 2010 Ford Mustang GT - Motor Trend

Thats Funny.. Car and Driver did the EXACT comparison this month to.

They crowned the Mustang GT over the Camaro SS.:rolling: Mustang almost out performed the SS in most the tests with 100+ less horsepower. Hate to see the results if they rolled in the GT500.

Last edited:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Im happy with it. Just want a little more room. The seats arent all that comfy and while its been fun having. Just dont use all the power that I paid for. So thats why I was looking into these to cars. More room with descent power.

We can always hook you up with a minivan!

Lots more room and less power.

SlowSVT

Established Member
My mistake maybe I read it somewhere else. I've been doing alot of comparing lately.
Either way they choose camaro. But everyone has their own opnion.

6 pages of post and you can't decide what you want or do you just like to post? You have a fast car yet your willing to fork up 40-50K bacause you like the interior better that smells new plus more room inside yet business is slow and money is tight :dw:

Looking at the overall picture forget buying a GT500 let alone keeping your Cobra, buy the Camaro. It will suite you better.

454LSX

Established Member
There's no way changing a cam is as easy as changing a pulley (or the entire blower for that matter). And don't say that it's easy to add nitrous to the LSX and make big power, because it is just as easy to add it to the GT500. When it comes to easy power production the GT500 has it all over the N/A LSX.

I agree but a cam change in an LSX at least the 4th gens and vettes is pretty freaking easy....and you through a blower on an LSX with a good tune and they are at least in the ballpark until they blow up :)

I'm a chevy guy, a 30,500 SS vs 43k GT500 I'd take the SS, if your paying 38 already another 5 ain't going to kill you and you get a more powerful car. I've sat in both interiors I think its a pretty equal battle there. The Shelby has more "character" the chevy better build quality....I never thought I'd think "toyota" sitting in a camaro!

LSx motors are great motors but the blown 5.4 is pretty ridiculous too...

whitecobra2387

Established Member
I agree but a cam change in an LSX at least the 4th gens and vettes is pretty freaking easy....and you through a blower on an LSX with a good tune and they are at least in the ballpark until they blow up :)

I'm a chevy guy, a 30,500 SS vs 43k GT500 I'd take the SS, if your paying 38 already another 5 ain't going to kill you and you get a more powerful car. I've sat in both interiors I think its a pretty equal battle there. The Shelby has more "character" the chevy better build quality....I never thought I'd think "toyota" sitting in a camaro!

LSx motors are great motors but the blown 5.4 is pretty ridiculous too...

^LSX's a great LS7:bowdown:. Now as interior build quality your compering the 2009 shelby VS 2010 camaro right? If so yes, but if you compare the 2010 shelby interior vs 2010 camaro the shelby has camaro beat by like land slide.

454LSX

Established Member
^LSX's a great LS7:bowdown:. Now as interior build quality your compering the 2009 shelby VS 2010 camaro right? If so yes, but if you compare the 2010 shelby interior vs 2010 camaro the shelby has camaro beat by like land slide.

Yes my personal experience is 2009 Ford vs 2010 SS which is what the OP is comparing. Haven't seen the new Shelby interior but from what I've read about it you could be right.

The camaro interior isn't "cool" or "wow" its just a nicely made car interior reminded me of sitting in Camry from a build quality and finish standpoint. So if the new mustang's fit and finish is better than the old and still keeps the character than yes sadly the camaro would end that battle.

In Chevy's defense there is no comparison of the SS to a GT500. Just two different levels of cars. If you campare the v6's from each maker and the SS to the GT I think camaro did it right. Ford shouldn't have got greedy and put the 5.0 in the 2010 cars.

They would have to build an LS9 camaro to compete with a GT500. JMHO

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yeah, buy your POS Camaro already and quit your whining and rambling. You got a 03 Cobra and all you have done in this thread is dog Ford and sucked the Camaros ass. You seem quick to judge yourself. As if ford is going to put an N/A 6.0 engine in a regular Mustang GT? Yeah ok, but then you would bitch when they charge $40k+ for the thing. You make NO sense and I can tell by all of your replies that your not a real car guy. I bet you don't even change your own oil. Your talking about Ford jumping on the Bandwagon because of the new 5.0? Where the fu@k have you been? The 5.0 is Fords most popular engine? Why doesn't Chevy step out of the stone age and make a DOHC V8???? If your looking for someone to kiss your ass about buying a new Camaro, go to camaro.com. I think your just wasting time blabbing because you aren't even ready to buy, your waiting to sell your car to someone that has to sell their car in order to buy your car so you can finally buy your beloved Camaro Super Sled. Good luck with that.

Wow. So much hate. Grab a beer and relax. This is the discussion area of a forumns.
Ive just been comparing the two cars and I wanted GT500 owners opnions. Do you even own a GT500?
Ive come to realize they are not in the same league. The Camaro should be compared the the Mustang GT. The GT500 is a limited production car where as in a few months (if GM is still around) Camaros will be all over the place.
As far as the 5.0 I have not seen that in a Mustang in quite a few years. Just the 4.6.
And no I dont change my own oil bec it only cost me 10 bucks to bring it to Ford place to do it for me.
Your right about buying my next car. Have to sell my current one first. Sorry Im not a rich millionaire like you. :poke:

Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
6 pages of post and you can't decide what you want or do you just like to post? You have a fast car yet your willing to fork up 40-50K bacause you like the interior better that smells new plus more room inside yet business is slow and money is tight :dw:

Looking at the overall picture forget buying a GT500 let alone keeping your Cobra, buy the Camaro. It will suite you better.

I decided to go with the GT500. I was pretty sure I said that a few post back. Post #116.
The Camaro would cost to much to modify so better off going with the GT500 since it comes with supercharger from factory and hand built motor is designed to have a supercharger on it.

Last edited:

whitecobra2387

Established Member
I decided to go with the GT500. I was pretty sure I said that a few post back. Post #116.
The Camaro would cost to much to modify so better off going with the GT500 since it comes with supercharger from factory and hand built motor is designed to have a supercharger on it.

:beer::beer::beer: :rockon::rockon:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member

Lets see it already! :beer:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
have you agreed on a price yet? dealers are running ads for 08/09 gt500 39.9k! you should be able to get a healthy discount off of msrp. good luck!

I talked to them about 2 months ago when I had another buyer for car. They wouldn't budge from sticker. I think they will come down.
Another dealer I talked to I got down to 44.3. But another local guy got them down to 41.6 I think

Not gonna waste my time or dealers until I know my car is sold for sure.

SlowSVT

Established Member

I was wondering how long it would actually take you to see the light. For me this would not even be a debate based on the differences between both cars. The Camaro is not even in the same league. The reason I was beating up on you a bit was this answer should have been very obvious right from the beginning yet you kept dragging this thread out with no end in sight. It was getting to the point of bordering on the “ridiculous”. Not only that but you stated you were not even in a financial position to purchase one so what’s the point of this thread in the first place?

Chevy has made a gallant effort to bring back the Camaro but they are a bit late entering the game. The platform they chose is too big and heavy which strays from the original concept and now they are trying to play “catch up” with Ford. Plus GM's and this car very survival is very much in doubt with Barak Obama at the helm and the state of the economy. I actually like the previous model better then the new one.

When you’re in a better position to buy a GT500 have at it. That is a good decision on your part. For now save your money and enjoy your Cobra which in a very potent car and is more then a match for the new Camaro which will be very expensive to bring up to par with either your Terminator or a GT500 :rockon:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
The point of the thread was to find out if gt500 onwers could do it all over again would they consider buying the camaro. I knew I was gonna get all gt500 but there were a few guys who like the camaro just not the power it makes. Which I totally understand.
The reason I took so long was I was seeing if anybody else had input on the 2.
Once I actually sat down tho and looked at the cars and options and potential the gt500 just BLEW the camaro away.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The point of the thread was to find out if gt500 onwers could do it all over again would they consider buying the camaro. I knew I was gonna get all gt500 but there were a few guys who like the camaro just not the power it makes. Which I totally understand.
The reason I took so long was I was seeing if anybody else had input on the 2.
Once I actually sat down tho and looked at the cars and options and potential the gt500 just BLEW the camaro away.

Knowing this why would you even want the opinion of someone who has or is considering trading a GT500 for a Camaro? I would just dismiss their opinion as nothing more then someone is places style over substance. Personally I think the Shelby has it over the Camaro on both counts hands down and then some. Both the Camaro and the Challenger are going to have a market longevity of a fruit fly :nonono: It’s no wonder why both companies are in chapter 11.

Time for me to vacate this pointless thread.

Bye Bye :beer:

Prodigy SVT

Established Member
Wow. So much hate. Grab a beer and relax. This is the discussion area of a forumns.
Ive just been comparing the two cars and I wanted GT500 owners opnions. Do you even own a GT500?
Ive come to realize they are not in the same league. The Camaro should be compared the the Mustang GT. The GT500 is a limited production car where as in a few months (if GM is still around) Camaros will be all over the place.
As far as the 5.0 I have not seen that in a Mustang in quite a few years. Just the 4.6.
And no I dont change my own oil bec it only cost me 10 bucks to bring it to Ford place to do it for me.
Your right about buying my next car. Have to sell my current one first. Sorry Im not a rich millionaire like you. :poke:

I am buying a GT500. First I have to sell my car to someone who has to sell their car to get the money, but the guy buying his car has to sell his car to someone to get the money to buy the guys car that is buying my car so I can buy a GT500. :whine: :bs: Wait a minute, that's you. Is that what you tell the salesman at the Chevy dealer? Good luck getting a test drive with that story. You remind me of kids back in High School telling BS stories about buying cars. Just admit it, you ain't buying nothing. You just like to hear yourself talk. Why don't you sell your car first before you start a thread saying that your buying a GT500 or new Camaro SS. You should be looking at buying Hooked on Phonics instead of a new car. That must be some quality oil you get when you "bring it to Ford place" for 10 bucks. It costs around $70 to change the oil on a GT500 so maybe you should just get the Camaro.I thought you were going to " wait a year and see what happens. That way GM may come out with Z28 supercharged Camaro. Suppose to make like 530rwhp and 500ft/tq. So would be a good race between GT500 and Camaro.
Last I heard they put it on hold tho.
Suppose to come out with a convertible Camaro in 2011. So we will see if they have any other suprises up their sleeves.
Not to mention will give the GT500 time to come down in price on the 2010s as well." You should stick to that plan because that's how long it's going to take to sell all of these cars that need to sell until you are actually in a position to buy a car. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread