2011 GT Twin Turbo 1/4 Results - basic mods

D.T.R

Established Member
This isn't 2001 anymore ... you can cut a 1.5x 60' on a 18" drag wheel with the right tire. It's not exactly difficult to get these cars down the track to begin with.

I don't see it going much harder out of the hole on a foot brake launch from 3k. As you said these turbos are out of their efficiency at low boost. I would be more opted to buy a TT setup that used smaller turbos, like the 20g's found in the APS kits. You would run the turbo at a more efficient level, and get down the track faster than the larger counterparts. The upside to the large turbos is the room to grow.

You don't see it, I do. Set a 2step on that bish, and ride out. They're making great torque down low also, so like I said... it's a matter of dialing in other stuff to get the car to get out of the hole right.

Everybody is so quick to jump on the turbo-hater bandwagon. just give it time dude.. there is just a handful of running-cars that are turbo'd. And not all of them track their cars... it's going to take sometime to get enough data to compare. Hell, there are kits still in the making.

Last edited:

techwerkz

Established Member
You don't see it, I do. Set a 2step on that bish, and ride out. They're making great torque down low also, so like I said... it's a matter of dialing in other stuff to get the car to get out of the hole right.

Everybody is so quick to jump on the turbo-hater bandwagon. just give it time dude.. there is just a handful of running-cars that are turbo'd. And not all of them track their cars... it's going to take sometime to get enough data to compare. Hell, there are kits still in the making.

Define down low? I am not hating, just saying.

I have seen quite a few single setups running less than impressive times so far. I agree there are not many twin setups out yet, at least in internet land.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Steve,

Since you guys do so many blowers and are now doing a few of these. Can we see some dyno overlays for this kit versus some of the popular blower options?

Bud

Established Member
I just don't know how you guys have the will power to stay at 7psi when a simple twist of a dial or push of a button and you could have more. Would be awfully tempting to crank it up a few psi at the track then drop it back down for the street. E85 and reserves for a new motor would help that...but temptation is a mf'r

D.T.R

Established Member

I have seen quite a few single setups running less than impressive times so far. I agree there are not many twin setups out yet, at least in internet land.
IIRC, I have seen some graphs of TT setups making over 400wtq before 4k RPMs even on a 6psi setup. At no point you will see less than 4k rpms when racing. Not even at launch.
Search on here... you'll find some I'm sure.
Steve,

Since you guys do so many blowers and are now doing a few of these. Can we see some dyno overlays for this kit versus some of the popular blower options?

^ This is a great idea, as long as there is some common ground somewhere. Same psi, or same WHP... or something they have in common.

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I saw the green boss at mustang week when i talked to you. The car is beautiful and the setup just looks amazing. The numbers it put down are just ridiculous.. on a stock motor and all. It's just a matter of having a clean pass at the track to prove the nay-ers that the dyno numbers also reflect at the track.

Yeah man I remember. Wait till you see whats next.

Theirs a few on here that we tuned running mid to high 10s.

Steve,

Actually, this is a good idea. You will be able to see how the power and trq build over time and rapidly.

I will put something together using the twin at 7 psi vs a vortech at 7psi. But remember, what you see on a graph will not show you on a track. Course though people will try and find the faults in it though but I will do a overlay graph as soon as I can put something together. I will also start a new thread with it so the point of this one can stay on track.

If you would like to see something else, shoot me a call. Looking forward to your call.

:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I really want to see someone take a TT manual car out to the track and get some times.

Also, how much is this out the door, installed at your shop and returned turn-key and ready to roll?

Mike

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member

Single kits are well into the 10's now in a few cars so I don't see how that's not impressive. Give the twin kits some time to produce. I myself can say that I beat a 600whp Lexus that weighs 350lbs less then me and he traps 128 in the 1/4. I'd say my power curve is pretty good for only 5.5 psi that I'm on. My plans for the car down the road are to up the boost with a built motor and t-56 magnum trans. So like you said titter its a toss up getting the bigger turbos on a stock motor but they so perform pretty well for being out of efficiency. But have the room down the road for big power.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
.. done debating. Just makes me look like an ass. ^_^

I really want to see someone take a TT manual car out to the track and get some times.

Also, how much is this out the door, installed at your shop and returned turn-key and ready to roll?

Mike

The boss will be having a follow up article for this soon.

Shoot me a call. Easier to discuss pricing

D.T.R

Established Member
Single kits are well into the 10's now in a few cars so I don't see how that's not impressive. Give the twin kits some time to produce. I myself can say that I beat a 600whp Lexus that weighs 350lbs less then me and he traps 128 in the 1/4. I'd say my power curve is pretty good for only 5.5 psi that I'm on. My plans for the car down the road are to up the boost with a built motor and t-56 magnum trans. So like you said titter its a toss up getting the bigger turbos on a stock motor but they so perform pretty well for being out of efficiency. But have the room down the road for big power.

Dang, that's pretty impressive for 5.5psi only lol
I'm starting mine off at 7 or 8psi .. on e85.

Users who are viewing this thread