2011 gt500 1-2 shift problem

--------
Established Member
one of my best mods was the Steada short throw....great mod....might help a bit....a lot shorter and more direct

601500.jpg

--------
Established Member
no problems...ever...shifting in any gear here (on the throttle)...going into reverse sometimes but i just go into 1 and then straight to reverse

601500.jpg

jerod

Established Member
They did detect it, they just ignored it for some reason. :nonono:

It's done in industry all the time. If anyone has heard of FMEA on this site then you know what I'm talking about. They find out whats wrong but see it as a minor problem and ignore it/continue with production. By the time the first model is made over 80% of funds have been set in stone. It's all about the Interfaces between parts, there's where one group may be like that's part of so and so's job and the other group says the same thing. Happens all the time lol...Apollo/Toyota/Challenger/Ford Pinto.

DEDCAT70

Mine does the same thing. I was beaten by a JEEP with a 350 this weekend.... I couldnt shift it fast enough to catch his automatic with 456 gears...It sucked! It grinded and I had to double clutch to get second:(

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It might be the fluid needs to be changed out to a thinner fluid!

I have a deal for two people with shifting issues on their GT500 T6060 transmission. I need two testing subjects, as the fluid is already proven to improve the shifts in properly working T6060 transmissions.

If you order Amsoil synthetic ATF, and it does NOT cure (or greatly improve) your transmissions grinding/poor shifting conditions....I will refund the cost of the fluid.

PM me for details. I need to know your exact shifting issues in the PM and the year of your GT500.

*Some people having shifting issues may simply need a better fluid. Others may have mechanical issues that need repair. Even my T6060 didn't shift well with the factory fluid, and when the fluid was cold...I would get grinding from 1-2. It's perfect with Amsoil ATF, never grinds.*

cababah

Established Member
when this happened to the 2011 gt, everyone immediately jumped on chinese QC issues.

what is the excuse here? mexico QC problems?

you guys need to hire the infamous jmatero to put this issue on the news and prompt a NHTSA investigation etc etc.

Last edited:

2012 shelbyman

I was wondering if anyone has driven the 2012 shelby gt500 that has noticed if they have the same shifting grinding issues???

I've got a 2012 with about 1800 miles and mine grinds too! Shit, I afraid to race anybody on the street for fear of getting my lunch handed to me for missing 2nd.

Ford needs to fix this and I will not take it in until they figure out what the hell the problem is! Im a member of the Shelby 500 forum and the 1-2 shift is the longest thread there with guys taking their cars in to the dealer and getting them back "fixed" with new parts and they still have the problem!

Ford please address this!

Corepuncher

Established Member
I took mine into the dealer the other day. Had him drive it first, then I tried. NEITHER of us got it to grind ! I went balls to the wall, 6000+ RPM in 1st. No grind. Are you kidding me? Then, I pull out of a parking lot, turn a corners and hit the gas, grind into 2nd. My car is even grinding into REVERSE NOW. In the garage...turn car on, clutch ALL the way down, N to R, tiny grind. WTF?????????????

Radiologue

Driver Enthusiast
Established Member
Count me in on the grind 1st to 2nd at higher RPM's.

Car can be warm, cold or hot. It does not matter. Aggressive 1-2 shifts at higher RPM's are reliably difficult without snatching the hell out of the shifter and jamming into place. Otherwise, if "regular" shifting effort is given then all you get is grinding and it never goes in gear until the RPM's fall back down. The shift problem has happened to me innumerable times...repetitive runs down a 3,000 ft airport strip, on the street and pulling out onto road racing tracks from the pit out. The issue does not happen when down shifting from 3rd to 2nd with RPM's screaming out of slow corners and does not happen in any other shift change.

If I was into drag racing...I would be unbelievably disappointed, but nonetheless, the issue needs to be fixed!

volbuilder

shift problem

i have a 2010 with the same shift problem,ford has already been in the transmission,didnt help it,any solutions?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Ford will never fix it, I gave up, it's been a damn year Ford. I'm thinking of changing fluids soon though.

The next Ford I consider will be totally yanked into gear during the test drive, to make damn sure it doesn't have this issue.

Last edited:

32V SVT

Established Member
I took mine into the dealer the other day. Had him drive it first, then I tried. NEITHER of us got it to grind ! I went balls to the wall, 6000+ RPM in 1st. No grind. Are you kidding me? Then, I pull out of a parking lot, turn a corners and hit the gas, grind into 2nd. My car is even grinding into REVERSE NOW. In the garage...turn car on, clutch ALL the way down, N to R, tiny grind. WTF?????????????

Mine does the same thing... My Reverse synchros are gone... I put it in Neutral, start it, let the clutch out in N, then push in the clutch and go for Reverse, and BANG -Grind into gear every time.... The dealer tried to tell me "Oh yeah you have to put it in 1st then R"... What a joke...:nonono:

Anyone have that parts list for the repair??? :cuss:

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
Geez.... it seems like some of the guys on here who said they were getting it "fixed" over a month ago have forgotten us....Can somebody, andbody i dont give a *** who tell us what ***in parts fixed ur cars.....please

nightboom

Established Member
I have the same problem with even a slow shift when the tranmission is cold. No problems this summer. In the winter I've got to drive several miles before I can use second at all.

I did go to my dealer and all I got was that I should warm up the car! I've just now got 5k miles. I'll go back this winter if I have the same problem.

By the way I had a 08 Z06 and they sometimes have the same problems!

SicShelby09

Banned
Maybe you guys should swap in an MT82......LOL My GT500 was a horrible pig to shift fast. On the otherhand, my new Gt......LOL

BOD89LX

Established Member
I have not had mine done yet I let a friend of mine go ahead of me so my other friend the tech who is doing get one under his belt before he did mine. So after he did it he said from what he could tell the blocker ring seems to be the cause as the 2nd gear one was recessed compaired to all the other gears and would keep the synchro from stopping the gear fast enough to keep it from grinding or locking the gear out. I am in no way saying this is the cause of all the problems some cars have but after replacement and being installed the same as the other gears the problem is gone. Hope that helps. He used all the parts that were listed in the thread as the fix but he did say they were not all really needed but he had them and it was apart so he went ahead and replaced them.

Geez.... it seems like some of the guys on here who said they were getting it "fixed" over a month ago have forgotten us....Can somebody, andbody i dont give a *** who tell us what ***in parts fixed ur cars.....please

gordon

Hello guys Ican tell you I have fixed mine it will cost you some money but mine shifts like a dream and will eat anything now on a 1too 2 shift;First I put in a dynatech drive shaft alloy,then royal purple syncromax. then the coop de Resistance the hot tomato a MGW SHIFTER AND WHOOOOO WEEEE DOES SHE SHIFT SLICK FINE ? WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY!!!!!!!:beer::lol::coolman:

gr850

Established Member
I have a deal for two people with shifting issues on their GT500 T6060 transmission. I need two testing subjects, as the fluid is already proven to improve the shifts in properly working T6060 transmissions.

If you order Amsoil synthetic ATF, and it does NOT cure (or greatly improve) your transmissions grinding/poor shifting conditions....I will refund the cost of the fluid.

PM me for details. I need to know your exact shifting issues in the PM and the year of your GT500.

*Some people having shifting issues may simply need a better fluid. Others may have mechanical issues that need repair. Even my T6060 didn't shift well with the factory fluid, and when the fluid was cold...I would get grinding from 1-2. It's perfect with Amsoil ATF, never grinds.*

Did the Amsoil swap. Slight to decent improvement in all gears EXCEPT the 1-2. Still grinds. Regardless of the grind the fluid swap is a good upgrade and recommend it. Noticed the slight improvement after about 50 miles. 1500 miles and still have the grind.

edit for added value.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread