2011 GT500 Cant hear Supercharger whine

LariatPSD

Established Member
Spinning the piss out of the stock Eaton with a 2.4 isn't all that effective.

Delete the intake silencer and install a 2.5 or 6 pulley. It will never wail like a terminator because the intake is sealed to the hood. It is definitely heard by people on the outside though.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Where do I see the comparison between a 2.6 vs a 2.5 vs a 2.4? Is there something that shows the difference and the gains between the different pulleys?

Stock: 3.0"

Each .10 = about 1psi of boost = about 12rwhp at sea level

So....

3.0 stock makes 9psi on your car at sea level
2.60= 13
2.50=14
2.40= 15

bj

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Spinning the piss out of the stock Eaton with a 2.4 isn't all that effective.

Delete the intake silencer and install a 2.5 or 6 pulley. It will never wail like a terminator because the intake is sealed to the hood. It is definitely heard by people on the outside though.

Won't fit without modding the shaft anyway

bpodner

My work car!
Established Member
Meh... Don't mess around with pulleys. Put a Whipple, TVS, or KB on her then you will hear her sing!

Saikodi

Established Member
So the hood insulation is only on the 2010 up cars? I have a 2012 and would like to hear more blower whine as well.

Your signature says you have a 2012 and already did the 2.4 pulley change? Are you saying in spite of that you still cant hear it whine much? :shrug:

Saikodi

Established Member
Meh... Don't mess around with pulleys. Put a Whipple, TVS, or KB on her then you will hear her sing!

:) I am wondering what to do now. I really like the whine. And I would do anything to get that but not sacrificing handling. This car is all stock. I dont have any suspension mods yet. And my assumption is that putting a whipple or a KB is only going to make things worse as far as handling is concerned.

Isnt that true.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Not true

:) I am wondering what to do now. I really like the whine. And I would do anything to get that but not sacrificing handling. This car is all stock. I dont have any suspension mods yet. And my assumption is that putting a whipple or a KB is only going to make things worse as far as handling is concerned.

Isnt that true.

The only handling concerns you will have by installing a Whipple or KB will be keeping it straight when into boost. In other words, hold the F*&^ on!

There is no drivability issues with installing either, especially from a handling perspective.

09VistaGT500

Established Member
Your signature says you have a 2012 and already did the 2.4 pulley change? Are you saying in spite of that you still cant hear it whine much? :shrug:

Yes I have a 2012 with the VMP TVS and 2.4 with the resonator delete and I am not happy with the sound. It is much much quieter than my stock blower was. Didn't know if an upgrade to a full JLT and maybe removing the hood insulation would help. I considered swapping back to the stock blower over the TVS to get that loud whine back. The stock blower with a pulley seems to be a lot louder than the TVS. My wife even complains she misses the sound.
On a good note it is much faster! :)

Sorry OP not trying to hijack your thread.

Last edited:

Saikodi

Established Member
Yes I have a 2012 with the VMP TVS and 2.4 with the resonator delete and I am not happy with the sound. It is much much quieter than my stock blower was. Didn't know if an upgrade to a full JLT and maybe removing the hood insulation would help. I considered swapping back to the stock blower over the TVS to get that loud whine back. The stock blower with a pulley seems to be a lot louder than the TVS. My wife even complains she misses the sound.
On a good note it is much faster! :)

Sorry OP not trying to hijack your thread.

Ok I see. I spoke with VMP tuning and am going with the JLT CAI 127mm + 2.5 pulley and the idler for now. I have seen a few videos on youtube with this setup and the whine seems to increase not to mention the rwhp.

I am going to place an order soon.

Users who are viewing this thread