2012 300C vs 03 Mach 1

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Look up every road test done on a new 300C. Find me one where it traps higher than 101.

Mag racer FTW!!!! Totally legit bro :/

Screw what ppl witness with their own two eyes at the track and lets go with what Car and Driver tells us!

If that's the case I assume you agree the ZL1 is a much better car than the GT500 right??? Since EVERY mag said it was...

Lets see. It was said that they are capable of 103-106 traps. If the rags were getting 101 out of them during daytime temps do you honestly think a owner can't go to the track in better conditions pick up 2mph???

Go search Mach1 tests. You telling me there has NEVER been a stock Mach1 trap higher than what the rags achieved?

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Why do you need to prove anything against a family sedan that weighs over 4000lbs and has less than 100hp on you?

He'll likely take you pretty hard off the line, in which case you'll be playing catch up for most of the race. Racing from a roll is for unskilled drivers who need to use any tactic they can to put themself at an advantage.

Agreed

But but but it takes the driver out of the equation, ricer excuse

Sent from my office in the Bureau

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Mag racer FTW!!!! Totally legit bro :/

Screw what ppl witness with their own two eyes at the track and lets go with what Car and Driver tells us!

If that's the case I assume you agree the ZL1 is a much better car than the GT500 right??? Since EVERY mag said it was...

Lets see. It was said that they are capable of 103-106 traps. If the rags were getting 101 out of them during daytime temps do you honestly think a owner can't go to the track in better conditions pick up 2mph???

Go search Mach1 tests. You telling me there has NEVER been a stock Mach1 trap higher than what the rags achieved?

Find a YouTube video of a stock one trapping over 101 then. The "rag" drivers drive better than 95% of people on car forums. I'm sure you are a pro and could make a stock 300c trap 110 though. Show me a video of a bone stock 300c trapping higher than 101 and we'll talk. If not, there is nothing further to discuss.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Weak weak rebuttal.

So do rags pay by the hr or salary?

Btw im 100% confident that im a better driver than ALL the rag EDITORS at the drag strip.

QUOTE=CompOrangeStang;12716185]Find a YouTube video of a stock one trapping over 101 then. The "rag" drivers drive better than 95% of people on car forums. I'm sure you are a pro and could make a stock 300c trap 110 though. Show me a video of a bone stock 300c trapping higher than 101 and we'll talk. If not, there is nothing further to discuss.[/QUOTE]

OneBadWS6

Established Member
^ This told me all I need to know. No point in arguing with someone like yourself. Someone with an inflated sense of their own abilities and a computer is always a bad mix.

Considering I have ran faster times then any magazine in every car I have ever owned in stock trim you can add me to that list. :banana:

50 Proof

Established Member
Lmao @ anyone who takes the driving capabilities of magazine staff for gospel. Basically what you're saying is that I could start a magazine, race some cars at a track, and the numbers I put down are officially the best case numbers anyone can come up with because I'm a professional and I work for a magazine.

Hell, we all know that magazines always conduct test at the perfect track with flawless track prep, and are conducting tests on days with the most perfect ideal outside temperatures at the most ideal elevation. And we all know that the conditions these magazines conduct tests in are 100% perfect because we've investigated it. There isn't anyone in the world that could possibly race a car and get better numbers because only magazines are capabile of testing cars under the most optimal and perfect of conditions and there isnt a single driver in the world that could be better than magazine staff. If you read it in a magazine then it must be true.

Gotta love the internet. There's no where else you can find such idiocy.

Last edited:

TRMach1

Established Member
Ok well in that case since were racing magazine stats, mach's are 13.8-14.0 cars :rolling:

Lol hold on your head might explode :rolling:

Ford 0-60 Times & Ford Quarter Mile Times | Ford Cobra 5.0 Mustang, 2012 Focus, Fiesta, F250, Ford GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, GT500 0-60, and Classic Ford 0 to 60 stats!

New Mustang GT and the Mach 1 Shootout -Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - First Drive & Road Test Review - Motor Trend

Ford Mustang Comparison - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

New Mustang GT and the Mach 1 Shootout -Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Yeah the 13.8 cars are autos, it's magazines but I have yet to find some that show the 300 in the numbers that guys are claiming on here so I guess the mach wins in magazine comparisons. I'm still trying to figure out how someone can drive better than multiple magazine drivers and get better times and higher mph in an automatic car, 3 to 5 mph higher from what you guys are claiming. Now if It was stick then obviously that's possible but it's an auto. If that was the case then I guess from what some guys are saying about the 300 the mach doesn't really trap 103-107 it's more like 109-111 and we all know that's not true.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Lmao @ anyone who takes the driving capabilities of magazine staff for gospel. Basically what you're saying is that I could start a magazine, race some cars at a track, and the numbers I put down are officially the best case numbers anyone can come up with because I'm a professional and I work for a magazine.

Hell, we all know that magazines always conduct test at the perfect track with flawless track prep, and are conducting tests on days with the most perfect ideal outside temperatures at the most ideal elevation. And we all know that the conditions these magazines conduct tests in are 100% perfect because we've investigated it. There isn't anyone in the world that could possibly race a car and get better numbers because only magazines are capabile of testing cars under the most optimal and perfect of conditions and there isnt a single driver in the world that could be better than magazine staff. If you read it in a magazine then it must be true.

Gotta love the internet. There's no where else you can find such idiocy.

You totally missed the point of the post and wrote a book to boot. Based on your lack of reading comprehension, I would certainly agree about the internet breeding idiocy.

Most car forum guys are bench racers, and they all think they're Domenic Torretto. These are the guys running mid-13's with a GT500. Point is, most professionals working for the magazine drive as a career, and whether or not they are the best representation of what a car can do in stock trim and with stock tires, they are typically close to it. I've still yet to see anyone post a video of a stock 300C trapping 106. The car is an auto-- do you really think a guy on the street can drive a Stock Chrysler auto in the 1/4 mile so much better that he traps 5mph more? The challenge is still open.

Last edited:

TRMach1

Established Member
Two dodge owners with overinflated senses of abilities on a Ford site. Isn't there a mopar forum where you can go brag about these things.

^ especially when it comes to machs, they are in every mach related story they are probably but hurt from a beating that they received from a mach

50 Proof

Established Member
You totally missed the point of the post and wrote a book to boot. Based on your lack of reading comprehension, I would certainly agree about the internet breeding idiocy.

Most car forum guys are bench racers, and they all think they're Domenic Torretto. These are the guys running mid-13's with a GT500. Point is, most professionals working for the magazine drive as a career, and whether or not they are the best representation of what a car can do in stock trim and with stock tires, they are typically close to it. I've still yet to see anyone post a video of a stock 300C trapping 106. The car is an auto-- do you really think a guy on the street can drive a Stock Chrysler auto in the 1/4 mile so much better that he traps 5mph more? The challenge is still open.

Cool story bro but I didn't misunderstand anything. I called you out about how lame you sound and now you're being defensive. You don't know the people you're arguing with from jack. Perhaps it's you who has the overinflated ego for making a generalized statement about the people on this forum being like torreto and for insisting that you know no one else on this forum can achieve a better time than magazine staff. Hell the magazine staff are top notch drivers because you said so, you must have investigated their career history. Like I said, you read it in a magazine, it must be true.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Fwiw most magazine times are corrected to sea level and based off GPS. A lot of newer reviews have traps higher than the typical person is going to see at a drag strip for obvious reasons.

50 Proof

Established Member
Fwiw most magazine times are corrected to sea level and based off GPS. A lot of newer reviews have traps higher than the typical person is going to see at a drag strip for obvious reasons.

Wait so basically the numbers magazines publish aren't even the actual numbers they've achieved. It's just a mathmatical estimation of what the numbers could be had they conducted their test at sea level. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread