2012 Recaro seats weight savings?

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
Does anyone know the weight savings of the new recaro seats? Or suggestions of a good light weight seats for my GT500...? I wanna lighten my car as much as I can with the usual weight reduction...

breoland

Established Member
what i would like to know is if the 2012 rear seat will match up in an 09 gt500
so that if I do decide to go with the recaro, i can match it with the rear seat too

rodfarva

Established Member
My Corbeau FX1 Pros save about 80lbs with only the driver seat installed and about 60lbs with both front seats installed. The Recaros probably weigh considerably more.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
My Corbeau FX1 Pros save about 80lbs with only the driver seat installed and about 60lbs with both front seats installed. The Recaros probably weigh considerably more.
IIRC, the recaros have side airbags in them, right? not to mention, a reclining seat will be much heavier than a fixed back like your corbeaus.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I bet they are not cheap, and getting top dollar. I bet it's cheaper to buy top of the line Corbeau aftermarket than the OEM.

That works unless you want the added safety of the factory side airbags for a street driven car. I prefer to maintain them for safety as well as insurance claims.

Carlos c

Established Member
I say about 30lbs total.......
I'm getting the Recaro Sporster CS and they are 32lbs each without airbags and do not look as bulky.

recarosportster005copy-1.jpg

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What brackets did you need for the Recaro CS?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I'm guessing at least a 40-50 lbs. weight savings by swapping both seats.

Maybe even more considering that you'll be losing the power option in the Drivers.

Given the Boss is a hair above 3,600# with the Recaros, I doubt these seats will be that much lighter (~20# total), even figuring in manual vs power. I don't have any facts do back any of this up, just a thumb in the air best guess.

Carlos c

Established Member
What brackets did you need for the Recaro CS?

Haven't ordered the seats yet but I'm getting the universal set.
I will get a manual rack for the drivers side and fabricate the rest to make them fit. I have the Recaro Sports on my 99 with the stock rails and they bolt up perfect.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Steve @ Tousley does not even have a price on the FRPP version of these yet (as of two days ago). However there is one place that advertised them for $1049, but now there are arguments on whether that is single or for the set since the site had conflicted wording.

I have NIB all leather Corbeau A4's that have the manual sliding rack and adjustable seat rack for my L. I got the 28" seat waist for both driver and passenger, so they are tight. They have a 32" option.

Users who are viewing this thread