2012 roush stage 3 ?

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
I've been torn between modding the cobra a lot more or selling it an get a new car well I had the dealership bring me a car to test drove earlier am yesterday. Yesterday was a stage 2 roush whore with blue stripe package an it was nice ya kno but I didn't kno about it. Well today I had them bring a roush stage 3 black with green stripe package..an drove it an it kinda impressed me a little. So the stage 2 they want 40,647 an the three 48,900..so what would yall do if you had the chance to get something ?

Zacharyx

Established Member
have driven an RS3 and it felt strong, stronger than my turbo 2v, but when they lined up whole nother story.

What do you want a car to do?? The 2012 would have more creature comforts and the coyote is am amazing engine but I don't think I would get rid of a terminator to get one

BearsFTW18

Established Member
have driven an RS3 and it felt strong, stronger than my turbo 2v, but when they lined up whole nother story.

What do you want a car to do?? The 2012 would have more creature comforts and the coyote is am amazing engine but I don't think I would get rid of a terminator to get one

this. When I had the 427R it felt very strong...as I started running more and more cars I realized that it's not as strong as it feels lol. the only thing I liked better about the 427R over my Cobra is the interior.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
not really a comparison with the 3v and roushcharger to the coyote and TVS

I can understand that.

If its between keeping the cobra and modding it...or keeping the cobra how it is AND get the roush. Id get the roush. That'd be a badass stable.

Zacharyx

Established Member
the one I drove dynoed 434 to the rear wheels , they are talking to roush about a tune update since it was fatter than 10.0 the whole run

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I love Roushes (is that a word) and would love to have a Stage 3. However, I wouldn't get rid of my Cobra for it. Now, if I didn't have my Cobra or was considering getting rid of it I wouldl have no problem getting the Stage 3. It's unique and is setup to handle much better than any other mustang for the most part. That blower is already there, so you can do whatever mods you were going to do to a 5.0 GT and still be running harder since it's already blown. You can get a GT500 for the same price especially a used one, but the Roush is more rare and you don't see Stage 3s on a re-occuring basis. I'd love to have one and if your Cobra isn't doing it for you anymore I say go for it. You only live once...

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
I've had two cobra's an just kinda wanna change up ya kno I might go back to a cobra one day who knows 100% sure I will lol

crazycarlo

Established Member
I say if you have the money to get a 2012 Stage 3 then if you can swing it as far as having 2 doors then find a used C6Z. I am doign an eaton swap on my 98 right now and I drove an 03 Z the other day with bolt ons and it was awesome. And you know the C6 is even more awesome. I think you should test drive one.

But as far as the Roush goes then man Id honestly just get on 12 GT save all that dealer markup on the body kit and then just mod it and save money.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Unless your looking at preowned ones then there not 49k. The main sticker on the side that says 49k is the car bone stock.The Roush Stage 3 packlage is on a different certificate with the total of 64k. Its because they have taken a stock GT sent it to Roush and there put there pricing badge.

Zacharyx

Established Member
Unless your looking at preowned ones then there not 49k. The main sticker on the side that says 49k is the car bone stock.The Roush Stage 3 packlage is on a different certificate with the total of 64k. Its because they have taken a stock GT sent it to Roush and there put there pricing badge.
Have seen 2 bought for right @ $50K

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the design of the 2012 Roush Stage 3, but then a loaded GT500 goes for a couple of thousand less than the Stage 3. It would be a tough choice for me.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
^^^If the prices are close I would go for the GT500, but I can understand someone still wanting the Roush for the rarety aspect of it. Not everyone is concerned with the most power available, so it's good that we have other options like Roush, Saleen, BOSS etc.

Users who are viewing this thread