2013-14 Shelby GT500 H Pipe W/ Catalytic Converter's have been discontinued Nationally

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
KOOKS also has the capabilities to do custom builds for those who prefer to run stock like OEM set ups. I'll be in touch with them and report back my inquirey. Check out GESI website for Hi Performance, EPA approved CATS which by law you have the right to upgrade existing CATS. Again these are options for people seeking alternatives.

MagnaFlow W/ (Ceramic Cats) I personally dont like ceramic but its a option.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
@Vinnie_B
I can get you measurements and pictures if you need?
I have the complete factory mid pipes just to clarify
I have 2, with less than 5k miles on them.

They are not for sale.
Whoever decides to buy my car will get first dibs on all my extra S197 stuff

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
@Vinnie_B
I can get you measurements and pictures if you need?
I have the complete factory mid pipes just to clarify
I have 2, with less than 5k miles on them.

They are not for sale.
Whoever decides to buy my car will get first dibs on all my extra S197 stuff
Ok. But if by chance you decide to let one go let me know please. I need to know the measurements of the CAT itself. Length and O.D of the CAT itself minus the transition cones @1Kona_Venom

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Im checking out all options J. Im not making big power to worry about those issues but I do agree.......especially at the power range that yours puts out. But I am impressed with these cats by GESI. Im going to check into them for a possible swap for my existing cats. These are capable of handling up to 850 hp each or per bank or 1700 hp total......thats impressive!

Introducing NEW GEN1​

Advanced Models!​

For years, our emissions solutions have been addressing the needs of the high performance exhaust market. Our NEW GEN1 Advanced line of high flow catalytic converters offer purpose-built catalytic converter solutions for high performance applications up to 2016 model year vehicles with our proven S-Wound Core offering minimal or no loss in horsepower.

GEN1 Advanced series supports vehicles up to 2016 model year​

EPA Compliant - for use on OBD1/OBD2 Vehicles (1996 to 2016)​

High quality Stainless Steel construction throughout​

NEW S-Wound Core with same high-flow performance​

Proprietary precious metal wash coat delivers consistent emissions reduction​

Ideal for forced induction and capable of withstanding up to 1,700F/ 925C

G-Sport-Catalytic-GEN1-Advanced-NEW-intro-side-600w.png

Makes sense man I just don’t think it’s worth the effort. On your car where we live I’d hang that stock catted pipe on the wall. Keep it just in case when you move but even then you’re better to swap it on for inspection then back off.
These engines are expensive and cats on a modded boosted car with a stock motor (your SS) and cats are nothing but a liability to me. Good luck I actually think those high flow aftermarket cats look great but I’d personally only consider them if it was my last resort.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
roger.
will get it tonight or tomorrow.
Will also post the data up to help others out
Cool! Thank you Pete! Thats the whole point im trying to establish in this thread. Options for the members and our Shelby GT500 13-14 peeps. Ive decided to keep my car as original as I purchased it. But I need to enhance and improve those cats because there ceramic and down the line here @Tezz500 is right about them causing big issues if not damaging the motor.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Makes sense man I just don’t think it’s worth the effort. On your car where we live I’d hang that stock catted pipe on the wall. Keep it just in case when you move but even then you’re better to swap it on for inspection then back off.
These engines are expensive and cats on a modded boosted car with a stock motor (your SS) and cats are nothing but a liability to me. Good luck I actually think those high flow aftermarket cats look great but I’d personally only consider them if it was my last resort.
-J
I dont disagree with one word in your reply.......your 100% correct J. Im trying to establish options for every member as individual's options vary from state to state. I know the cats on there now are a hazard waiting to happen. Perhaps just going with another setup and hanging the stock setup for swap when nessary is another great option available to me. But those cats on there now are a concern especially being ceramic!! Having only 4K on them now isnt a major emergency situation but definitely need to be dealt with for sure!! This situation just sped up the need to make a change.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I appreciate the effort and agree with having good resources for these aging cars. However, included in a thread like this is a reminder the true best advice on any boosted car is catless. I do understand various parts of the country make this easier than others but these cars qualify for many exceptions.
Great thread!
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
-J
This is the situation @biminiLX i just recently found out from SAI. Yes.....Im very, very pissed about what I was told. So now it puts me in a situation where if I modify from its present original build, ***IF*** I decide to sell it, it will hurt the value. Ive considered because of how pissed i am about the situation!!

I was told as of 7/01/2023 SAI will no longer provide upgrades or service to any build or vehicle they manufactured from 2018 down. Thats right.......they will not even touch or allow the vehicle in there shop!!!! Believe that Sh*t!!

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the situation @biminiLX i just recently found out from SAI. Yes.....Im very, very pissed about what I was told. So now it puts me in a situation where if I modify from its present original build, ***IF*** I decide to sell it, it will hurt the value. Ive considered because of how pissed i am about the situation!!

I was told as of 7/01/2023 SAI will no longer provide upgrades or service to any build or vehicle they manufactured from 2018 down. Thats right.......they will not even touch or allow the vehicle in there shop!!!! Believe that Sh*t!!
That’s some BS. However I agree with your plan to avoid modifying the car when possible. I’m in the same boat with my ‘66 GT350H. I’d like some upgrades but the car will always be most valuable in stock form. My plan is to do some upgrades to make it more enjoyable, but I’ll never modify it to any point that can’t be returned to stock.
I wonder if that’s EPA pressure on SAI?
Catless and a slightly smaller pulley and custom tune. Would you enjoy the car more with those mods? Hell even if the car needs injectors all of the stock parts will be easy to return to stock.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s some BS. However I agree with your plan to avoid modifying the car when possible. I’m in the same boat with my ‘66 GT350H. I’d like some upgrades but the car will always be most valuable in stock form. My plan is to do some upgrades to make it more enjoyable, but I’ll never modify it to any point that can’t be returned to stock.
I wonder if that’s EPA pressure on SAI?
Catless and a slightly smaller pulley and custom tune. Would you enjoy the car more with those mods? Hell even if the car needs injectors all of the stock parts will be easy to return to stock.
-J
I was contacted by them via email after a phone conversation with them expressing my very deep disapproval of there decision to abandon there clients needs to service there vehicle's they manufactured. There reasons......

-They are a manufacturer not a maintenance or repair facility.
-The need to focus on newer products and phase out older builds.
-Current supply chain issues, and difficulty hiring more staff, both mostly caused by the recent Covid situation......blah.....blah....blah.

J.... honestly I dont know what im going to do now. I agree that small changes, that can be reversed or improve vehicle performance shouldnt be an issue. At my current power rating, not much more can be accomplished to enhance more horsepower without upgrading those rods. I might have 50-75 more horsepower to squeak out of it and thats about it with the factory rods. That will put me at a Max output. Not cool either. So......besides an cat upgrade which is nessesary I dont see any benefits of camming/headers and retuning for that small of gains.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
-J
I guess @ some power level, not mine, they may be a liability.
I had " high flow " cats on my 11, Kooks, they threw codes. Had to switch to their " green " cats to get through N.J. inspection. That car has over 20K miles now, although not considered high hp now, ( 776w ), the cats have never been an issue..

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Most CATS are rated for differnt power ratings and are designed/manufactured differently. KOOKS green, and there New Green H.O look like great quality product options for ppl. As with any CAT they need to be changed out and replaced. Monitored for failure for sure if your putting out some decent power! I personally Datalog everything for changes.....thats me. As I said in another thread. As they force EV on us, expect your emissions to get stricter. So.......if your using headers and going catless by choice.........enjoy while you can.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not saying you can’t have success with high flow cats it is just an expensive component that I still would want to eliminate as a common failure point. At least for the way I use my cars that is my opinion. When you talk to development engineers it’s always trying to get the cats to live at high power levels, at least as recent as Hellcat and GT500 cars. So if modding and racing the vehicle it’s not my choice.
Your setup should work great but how do you know when the cats should be replaced? Talking aftermarket high quality cats for an 800hp application.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread