2013-14 Shelby GT500 H Pipe W/ Catalytic Converter's have been discontinued Nationally

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Most CATS are rated for differnt power ratings and are designed/manufactured differently. KOOKS green, and there New Green H.O look like great quality product options for ppl. As with any CAT they need to be changed out and replaced. Monitored for failure for sure if your putting out some decent power! I personally Datalog everything for changes.....thats me. As I said in another thread. As they force EV on us, expect your emissions to get stricter. So.......if your using headers and going catless by choice.........enjoy while you can.

Excellent you were thinking the same thing. I’m sure it’s a good product.
Thanks for the link.
-J

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not saying you can’t have success with high flow cats it is just an expensive component that I still would want to eliminate as a common failure point. At least for the way I use my cars that is my opinion. When you talk to development engineers it’s always trying to get the cats to live at high power levels, at least as recent as Hellcat and GT500 cars. So if modding and racing the vehicle it’s not my choice.
Your setup should work great but how do you know when the cats should be replaced? Talking aftermarket high quality cats for an 800hp application.
-J
I think CATS could really impose issues for "HIGH 1200 HP/1,000 RWHP" cars, no doubt .......IMO J. But anything around 900/950 HP range I beleive is doable W/CATS. HEAT, OIL and COOLANT are CAT killers. Most CATS are rated to operate up to certain temps. As they become blocked more heat and restriction happens. Again......CAT replacement is a maintenance thing.......they need to be replaced. Monitoring your CAT temps, certain DTC'S generated by rear O2's is an easy way to gauge there health or alert you to issues.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Excellent you were thinking the same thing. I’m sure it’s a good product.
Thanks for the link.
-J
Most factory oem vehicle's are fine w/ceramic wound CATS. Hi performance boosted vehicles/ or Modded, I personally would go with a FORCED INDUCTION APPROVED Metal S-Wound Core. The BIGGER THE BETTER......Just my 2cent opinion folks!

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Most factory oem vehicle's are fine w/ceramic wound CATS. Hi performance boosted vehicles/ or Modded, I personally would go with a FORCED INDUCTION APPROVED Metal S-Wound Core. The BIGGER THE BETTER......Just my 2cent opinion folks!
Agreed. So you would want two of these:

Their biggest pair rated 500hp each 1000hp for two at around $1500.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. So you would want two of these:

Their biggest pair rated 500hp each 1000hp for two at around $1500.
-J
I have my eyes on 2016 and below model year GEN1 Advanced UHO below by GESI J....... These are for HI HP performance Forced Induction cars. Next option would be those H.O cats by KOOKS. If you have a 2017 or newer check out:

GEN2 Advanced - EPA Compliant
G-Sport Catalytic Core Only
(For 2017 and newer vehicle models)​

GEN1 Advanced - Ultra High Output - EPA Compliant
G-Sport Catalytic Converters
(Up to 2016 model year)​

**NOTE: GEN1 Advanced Ultra High Output (UHO) Models support up to 850 hp per catalytic converter (or exhaust bank) up to 2016 vehicle models.

Im also gonna talk with KOOKS about a 3" custom exhaust system.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have my eyes on 2016 and below model year GEN1 Advanced UHO below by GESI J....... These are for HI HP performance Forced Induction cars. Next option would be those H.O cats by KOOKS. If you have a 2017 or newer check out:

GEN2 Advanced - EPA Compliant​

G-Sport Catalytic Core Only​

(For 2017 and newer vehicle models)​

GEN1 Advanced - Ultra High Output - EPA Compliant​

G-Sport Catalytic Converters​

(Up to 2016 model year)​

**NOTE: GEN1 Advanced Ultra High Output (UHO) Models support up to 850 hp per catalytic converter (or exhaust bank) up to 2016 vehicle models.

Im also gonna talk with KOOKS about a 3" custom exhaust system.
Just started looking at those. One of my builds will be pump gas (probably flex fuel) and 750hp and I don’t mind catless E-85 but pump 93 is more noticeable to me and it’s nice to have these options for those that need. When you don’t however, saving $1500 goes a long way. Cya at Woodward buddy.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Just started looking at those. One of my builds will be pump gas (probably flex fuel) and 750hp and I don’t mind catless E-85 but pump 93 is more noticeable to me and it’s nice to have these options for those that need. When you don’t however, saving $1500 goes a long way. Cya at Woodward buddy.
-J
I agree........But spending $1,500 as compared to spending thousands in fines and/or jail and getting popped for a federal felony offence for illegal emissions (Headers,catless) seem like a win win to me.....lol. See you soon J.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I think CATS could really impose issues for "HIGH 1200 HP/1,000 RWHP" cars, no doubt .......IMO J. But anything around 900/950 HP range I beleive is doable W/CATS. HEAT, OIL and COOLANT are CAT killers. Most CATS are rated to operate up to certain temps. As they become blocked more heat and restriction happens. Again......CAT replacement is a maintenance thing.......they need to be replaced. Monitoring your CAT temps, certain DTC'S generated by rear O2's is an easy way to gauge there health or alert you to issues.

I think it depends on the tuners first hand experience too.

Once I hit that magic number on the dyno, 700+
My tuner HIGHLY recommended the sooner I take the cats off the better
That's when I added my last bolt on, headers.

Cool! Thank you Pete! Thats the whole point im trying to establish in this thread. Options for the members and our Shelby GT500 13-14 peeps. Ive decided to keep my car as original as I purchased it. But I need to enhance and improve those cats because there ceramic and down the line here @Tezz500 is right about them causing big issues if not damaging the motor.

Could you pack it up and move to the east coast at some point? Kinda follow @Tezz500 example?

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
But, if you look at Shelby American's SS package they installed ARH headers with catted X-Pipe.

I guess they figured most SS owners wouldn't drive it much, just stare at it in the garage, nor, put any ass behind the throttle. :whistle:

(Note: I determined this needed to be a stand alone post)

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
But, if you look at Shelby American's SS package they installed ARH headers with catted X-Pipe.

I guess they figured most SS owners wouldn't drive it much, just stare at it in the garage, nor, put any ass behind the throttle. :whistle:

(Note: I determined this needed to be a stand alone post)
Petey.....I believe you just took a shot at me....lol.... probably right though. I do tend to stare at it excessively and compulsivey.....it scares me....lmao.But remember Pete the holehot package is for offroad use. You had to sign a waiver acknowledging terms of use. It's illegal to drive on the streets.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I think it depends on the tuners first hand experience too.

Once I hit that magic number on the dyno, 700+
My tuner HIGHLY RECOMENED the sooner I take the cats off the better
That's when I added my last bolt on, headers.

Could you pack it up and move to the east coast at some point? Kinda follow @Tezz500 example?
Come back to the cat side Petey before its too late..... or else your gonna end up bubba's new girlfriend busting up rocks in San Quentin State prison....:ROFLMAO:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Come back to the cat side Petey before its too late..... or else your gonna end up bubba's new girlfriend busting up rocks in San Quentin State prison....:ROFLMAO:

Georgia marches to the beat of their own drum.

When I retired from the Army with 3 Terminators, me and my wife sought out emissions friendly states and 80% year round driving weather.

Plus the peaches are fresh here too. Which I don't eat anyway.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Georgia marches to the beat of their own drum.

When I retired from the Army with 3 Terminators, me and my wife sought out emissions friendly states and 80% year round driving weather.

Plus the peaches are fresh here too. Which I don't eat anyway.
Georgia is a beautiful state my friend....I certainly do envy the weather you peeps have down south......just too hot for me in the summer months thou. BTW......I am very grateful for your service/sacrifices you made for this great country of ours and freedom I have..... I have the utmost respect for you brother!

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
For those interested. I did email GESi high Performance catalytic converters today and received a email back confirming these are capable of handling the hp as advertised for boosted high horsepower cars.

Users who are viewing this thread