2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Checklist....What issues to look for once delivered.

Snoopy49

Established Member
How do u know if your intercooler pump is unplugged? Pardon my ignorance

IntercoolerElectricalConnector_zpse3b41f7c.gif

P1260201-2_zpsdd8c0e9d.gif

AZGT500

Established Member
One more thing. My hood does not line up perfectly to the fender on the passenger side front end of my 13 GT500. I saw the same imperfection on one other 13 and a 12 GT500. I've seen one 14 GT500 and it didn't have the imperfection. Anybody else?

Spudz

Established Member
The rear fender behind the rear wheels on my car wasn't painted correctly. The paint bubbled a little bit and is lumpy to the touch when you pass your hand over it. Another car in my local club has the same issue, on the same fender. The driver of that car checked into how he could get his fixed, since his is much worse than my defect, and the dealership stated they would take care of the repainting and installation of the fender.

He asked them if they had ever done that to a Shelby before and the reply was a flat no. I don't know if he's going to let them do that or not for fear of them messing up the reinstall in some way. His car also has wax stain marks on the plastic inside the open grill area from a hasty detail job before the car was put on the showroom floor.

I looked at that car on the showroom before he bought it and saw that very mark, so I guess he missed it. He traded in an Audi R8 for his Shelby, on an impulse buy, and got the GT500 and $80,000 cash from the dealer. Didn't try to haggle or anything, just ate the ADM without a second thought.

Aside from the bad defects on his car, mine also has a slight misalignment on the driver door panel, where it doesn't sit flush with the frame of the car. But all in all, I love my car and will drive it for years to come.

Last edited:

Colleton

Established Member
Good info on the intercooler pump plug, brake fluid reservoir and tire gouges. Thanks! Mine is supposedly being delivered tomorrow, I was just reading through this one last time.

...His car also has wax stain marks on the plastic inside the open grill area from a hasty detail job before the car was put on the showroom floor...

Pick up some Purple Power at Wal-Mart. It will easily pull the wax right off the plastic and will not hurt the paint. It will eat aluminum though, so be careful with it.

Users who are viewing this thread