2013 GT500 fuel system

Buster

Established Member
Hey Guys

I called Steve at tousley today and he thinks the 2013 GT500 dual pump assembly will bolt right into the GT tank. He also looked up the fpdm and said its the same part number as the GT. I ordered the assembly and will have it Monday, hopefully this works out as it could be a plug and play fuel system for $310. The only question I have is if the GT500 uses two fpdm's, does anyone know if the 2013 GT500 uses two fpdm's?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
if thats the case im going to order it as well. basically this upgrade should bolt in and alleviate the need for a BAP?

Buster

Established Member
Run this woth a bap and youd prolly have a 700hp+ fuel system

It'll support at least 700 RWHP without a BAP and with a BAP it'll support over a 1000. I don't know any details but I'd imagine the 2013 GT500 has a better stock fuel system than any other mustang.

twistedneck

Established Member
This could be a much cheaper upgrade over the super high end hats that JPC uses. those are nice but this could be just plug in!! along with a new set of injectors, what size are those in the beast gt500?

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
FPDM fuel pump driver module, all GT500 have two or for each pump and they are mounted behind the spare tire well on each side of the car. Size of a wallet

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
FPDM fuel pump driver module, all GT500 have two or for each pump and they are mounted behind the spare tire well on each side of the car. Size of a wallet

sounds like you might just be able to wire in an extra one or maybe even be able to buy a factory splitter that plugs into the stock harness to facilitate 2 FPDM's.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
def fig it out!!! I'm about to order a BAP but I'd rather have this if it will support 700whp!!

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
sounds like you might just be able to wire in an extra one or maybe even be able to buy a factory splitter that plugs into the stock harness to facilitate 2 FPDM's.

Yes on splitter but if you go that route your wiring must support it. If I recall you will need to upgrade your fuel pump fuses to handle the current and I think i remember there being two relays and fuses up front. There are actually good pictures of the wirings and locations of components in the KB BAP instructions which i cant link on my I phone, sorry.

Also for an extra plug go to a junkyard and cut one out of any 05 up mustang they are the same plug

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Yes on splitter but if you go that route your wiring must support it. If I recall you will need to upgrade your fuel pump fuses to handle the current and I think i remember there being two relays and fuses up front. There are actually good pictures of the wirings and locations of components in the KB BAP instructions which i cant link on my I phone, sorry.

Also for an extra plug go to a junkyard and cut one out of any 05 up mustang they are the same plug

a couple new fuses, and a junkyard plug wired in...sounds pretty simple to me. This would be one sweet upgrade if it turns out to be as simple as it sound like it might be.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The Ford parts catalog should show the pigtail part number, if not there is a book at all dealers with pictures and part numbers of every connector they've ever used. It's organized by the number of pins in the connectors.

Nice idea on the GT500 pumps for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread