2013 lower fogs at a ridiculous price!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
OK just found out it is the same kit.. not plug and play.
The only reason it is not a true "plug 'n play" kit is because the LED fogs obviously require a different connector than the H11 bulbs used in the projectors. Other than cutting off the connector, stripping 4 wires, and soldering those 4 wires, everything else is "plug 'n play".

turd burglar

Established Member
Wonder if ya use the quick splice connectors if they completely interrupt the voltage signal to the stock fogs or if you can run both sets of the fog switch that way? Im getting the billet grille that you can hide the fogs behind so i wouldn't mind keeping both sets

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Wonder if ya use the quick splice connectors if they completely interrupt the voltage signal to the stock fogs or if you can run both sets of the fog switch that way? Im getting the billet grille that you can hide the fogs behind so i wouldn't mind keeping both sets
That should work no problem, as long as the wires are tapped correctly to each other. The LED fogs have the transformers/converters built into the board itself, so upstream the wiring should be the same as the 11-12 cars.
Most states don't allow more than 4 lights to be emitting light from the front of a vehicle, unless being used offroad only. I would check with your local LEA (law enforcement agency) on this. I know Texas doesn't allow this, so my grill lights will become an extension of my DRLs & headlights, wired into the same circuit.

turd burglar

Established Member
Oh it'd be frowned upon where i live lol but so are the lifted trucks and other cars with no projector housings and hids so they blind everything and they never get in trouble. I plan on smoking the grille fogs so they hide more behind the grille anyways so it shouldn't be too distracting... Maybe haha

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
gydapa3y.jpg

udegumeg.jpg

adegetyz.jpg

turd burglar

Established Member
Hows the light output besides half assed? Lol and man you gotta do somethin with that front lip! Get a once over from a body shop with some matte black if you wanna keep it that color but the swirling in it is rough!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Lights aren't hooked up yet. Still trying to figure out my relay layout. Hell, I even forgot to plug the grill lights back in when I reinstalled everything. Lol

As for the lip, it's currently just plasti-dipped. That's it. But it is starting to peel. I have to figure out how to remove the tape without damaging the paint on the fascia.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Bumping here, how did everyone else's installs go? Im looking at getting these again. Anyone splice them into the stock fog light harness?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I've installed them. Still not wired up. Haha. I'm waiting until some warmer weather comes...and I still have to figure out my relay layout...

ViciousJay

Established Member
I've installed them. Still not wired up. Haha. I'm waiting until some warmer weather comes...and I still have to figure out my relay layout...

im kinda curious as well but im surprised that you just dont splice it in, shouldnt take more then a few minutes and arent you in texas where its warm like everyday?! :lol1:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
im kinda curious as well but im surprised that you just dont splice it in, shouldnt take more then a few minutes and arent you in texas where its warm like everyday?! :lol1:

We hit 60 yesterday for the first time in over a week. Haha

I want to retain my grill lights, so I have to figure out a way to wire everything up to not have more than 4 lights on at a time (Texas and Federal Hwy law)

kingnut

Established Member
man it would be nice if you could knock that metal housing out of the foglights. so they could put out some more lumens.

turd burglar

Established Member
I still need to install mine and figure out how to splice em and still maintain both sets. I don't care if all 4 fogs run at once, cops are pretty lenient around here

joey289

Established Member
Sweet! Found the same kit at Levittown, Tasca, and Tousley all for the same price! Will be giving Tousley a call here soon!

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Sooooooooooooooooooooo did anybody wire these up with the existing fogs and headlights????? PIcs??

I'm not concerned about running all 6 lights(2-headlights, 2-fogs, and these 2) so SHOW ME SOME PICS and wiring tips!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna install some in mine;-)

splitter6_zpsc2a6262b.jpg

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Sooooooooooooooooooooo did anybody wire these up with the existing fogs and headlights????? PIcs??

I'm not concerned about running all 6 lights(2-headlights, 2-fogs, and these 2) so SHOW ME SOME PICS and wiring tips!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna install some in mine;-)

splitter6_zpsc2a6262b.jpg
Still haven't wired mine up. my days I have free evenings to do so it's it's a random cold as balls+wind snap here in NTX, or raining....hopefully in the next few weeks. Grill lights will be wired into the head lights, and lower lights will be fogs only.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Grill lights will be wired into the head lights, and lower lights will be fogs only.

I want my fogs and these new lights to come on with my headlights.

dirtyd88 said:
Still haven't wired mine up. my days I have free evenings to do so it's it's a random cold as balls+wind snap here in NTX, or raining....hopefully in the next few weeks.

INSTABAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bash: HURRY UP!!!!!!!!:kaboom:

:-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread