2013 Paxton install question

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Hey guys, my Paxton kit is arriving soon and ive been looking at the install manual. One thing I noticedis that in the 2012 models you have to cut the plastic molding under the car to make room for the intercooler piping. Does this also apply to the 2013 as well1?

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The underside of the 13+ is way easier to cut than the 11-12. I have pretty large holes on my 12 due to the tial bov and the wastegate. The 13 I did the install on I cut two small ovals (with a razor blade) like Blazer said.

Pred_mech

Established Member
Put it back on. It is there for a reason. With my Paxton I thought, what the hell, tons of other mustangs never had that. Well around 120 the hood starts to shake violently from the turbulence/updraft. There are other posts talking about this. Ford did something right on that one.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Put it back on. It is there for a reason. With my Paxton I thought, what the hell, tons of other mustangs never had that. Well around 120 the hood starts to shake violently from the turbulence/updraft. There are other posts talking about this. Ford did something right on that one.

My hood does not shake, even at 160+.

Pred_mech

Established Member
I'm lowered and on bags. I've tried playing with the rake to no avail. I do have a Saleen grille though. Maybe that plays into it?

Users who are viewing this thread