2013 paxton install

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
wow.. 800 to install.
no way I would pay that.
well... ive done everything to my car and im the only ones who has ever driven it.
to each his own

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I recommend you buy the canton or jpc tank. I have the canton from american muscle and painted it black. I would also get the t clamps from jpc. I finished up my install of them last weekend. I was running the car pretty hard and a clamp popped off motor died and wouldn't restart. When I got home that day I bought the t clamp kit.

hopony

Established Member
wow.. 800 to install.
no way I would pay that.
well... ive done everything to my car and im the only ones who has ever driven it.
to each his own

It helps a friend of mine who has his own business. I also shorted him on my header install. Plus I don't have time to do it all myself. Work 70 hours a week and have a 1 year old.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
hopony don't get to down. this type of delays are quite normal with remote tuning but i will tell you that you are in pretty good hands with lund racing. they will set you up with a really nice tune. I was desperate too when i first installed my blower. I wanted to run the car the minute i finished. It took like 5 days before i could feel what the blower was like.

hopony

Established Member
hopony don't get to down. this type of delays are quite normal with remote tuning but i will tell you that you are in pretty good hands with lund racing. they will set you up with a really nice tune. I was desperate too when i first installed my blower. I wanted to run the car the minute i finished. It took like 5 days before i could feel what the blower was like.

Once, I got the car issues sorted out Lund did an awesome job of getting the tune done. Sent him my second set of idle and rev logs with both o2's working at 2:00 pm and he had my final tune done by 5:45 pm. Only problem I have now is his last revision got corrupted, but beef walked me through that and let Lund know. He is going to send me a zip file in the morning. So special thanks Lund for getting it done and beef for making sure I got home from work tonight! I will get it dynoed next Wednesday on my day off. Tried to play with a boss on the way home but he didn't want to.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Once, I got the car issues sorted out Lund did an awesome job of getting the tune done. Sent him my second set of idle and rev logs with both o2's working at 2:00 pm and he had my final tune done by 5:45 pm. Only problem I have now is his last revision got corrupted, but beef walked me through that and let Lund know. He is going to send me a zip file in the morning. So special thanks Lund for getting it done and beef for making sure I got home from work tonight! I will get it dynoed next Wednesday on my day off. Tried to play with a boss on the way home but he didn't want to.

always available to help! :)

2012csgt

Established Member

I would definitely wait to get the proper tune before beating on the car. I am sure Lund will have you straightened out shortly. Nothing worse than getting a blower and 1 and a 1/2 months later you blow the motor. That will humble the impatience quickly. Looking forward to the dyno results.

hopony

Established Member
I would definitely wait to get the proper tune before beating on the car. I am sure Lund will have you straightened out shortly. Nothing worse than getting a blower and 1 and a 1/2 months later you blow the motor. That will humble the impatience quickly. Looking forward to the dyno results.

The wot part of the tune is done. The only difference in the last revision is minor part throttle changes.

Flash R5. Tune is dead nuts. I made minor tweaks to some part throttle fueling. WOT fueling and spark is perfect. If it is driving good then it doesn't need any more changes. Should be good for mid to high 500 rwhp on pump gas. That's about as high as you want to take it on the stock motor. 600 rwhp mark is the safe limit.
Nice work!
Jon Lund II

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

he got his final tune, by the time he got to loading it at 7:00, the tune file or something is corrupt and is locking up on download

should have a zip file in the a/m

2012csgt

Established Member
The wot part of the tune is done. The only difference in the last revision is minor part throttle changes.

Flash R5. Tune is dead nuts. I made minor tweaks to some part throttle fueling. WOT fueling and spark is perfect. If it is driving good then it doesn't need any more changes. Should be good for mid to high 500 rwhp on pump gas. That's about as high as you want to take it on the stock motor. 600 rwhp mark is the safe limit.
Nice work!
Jon Lund II

Nice. Good to hear. I think you be very happy with the dyno results. I Can't wait to get a dyno tune by ken B as soon as I finally cough up the money to buy ID1000s from beefcake. Very close! Congrats on the install and I love the black inter cooler. I got the black vortech on mine. Stealth mode. :-D

numbnutz

Established Member
Following this thread closely as I'll be installing my Paxton in the next couple weekends.

Hang in there hopony. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread