2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2013 Roush stage3

It's all relative.

A 2008 Shelby with 15k miles sells for $34k. It was $48k new

A 2008 roush stage 3 was what? $50k new? They barely do $20k now.

Fact is, the Shelby holds its value better.

Does it hold it's value well? I think it holds it's value fairly. compared to other comparable performance vehicles, including the z06, the m3, the CL63, it actually depreciates at a slower rate.

I don't know about you, but I'm not buying a NEW car expecting it to holds its value. But I do expect a factory performance vehicle to holds its value better than a non-factory perf vehicle.

I am a dealer. We would give $26,000-$28,000 wholesale trade value on a 2008 427R and retail would be about $32-34k. Whoever is giving you $20,000 is trying to rip you off...

[1] i take it you didn't watch that full episode of top gear? the 'comparison' part that people are bringing up isn't the open road race thingmajig, it was when the stig(unknown professional race car driver) took them each onto the test track. when they run cars on the test track, they run multiple laps to get the most out of the car then show the fastest one. when they ran them, the RS3 ran a 1:28.9 and the boss 302 ran a 1:28.2. that's a 7-tenths difference in a car with 96 less HP. that's about as good a comparison as your gonna get, same driver, same track, same day, same(or very similar) conditions. straight up, the boss is just plain better when there's corners involved.

[2] never said that people will stop buying them, but that the number of advantages that these cars had over factory offerings has shrunk and i would almost guarantee that the number of potential customers has as well. i bet the boss 302 stole a LOT of customers from roush, saleen/SMS, shelby, and every other post-title mod company.

i can find quite a few people on here that would disagree:lol1: but obviously they're full of shit:D

There is actually an uproar over that. Ford paid top gear off to do that episode and provided a modified Boss for that.... Roush found out about it and threw a fit and has Top Gear redoing a future episode with the Stage 3. It was quite interesting and shameful.... Funny thing, I just dyno'd a 2013 Boss 302 and a 2013 Stage 3 back to back on Wednesday. The Stage 3 did 515rwhp (607 at the fly) and the Boss did 373rwhp (440 at the fly) ummm physics don't line up here. The Boss is a turd... were talking about the GT500 and Stage 3. Those cars are 10x the car the Boss is. Manufacturers pay off vendors all the time for better reviews.... look at Congress and lobbiests if you don't think thats true....
It happens with Camaro and Mustang rivals too. One manufacturer pays a magazine to do a comparison against the other and provides a not quite stock vehicle for the review and test and reccomendation.. but for Ford to do that against one of their suppliers and partners is rediculous! I'm sorry, the Boss doesn't do it for me. It's too plain and simple and lacks the power of the GT500 and RS3.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I am a dealer. We would give $26,000-$28,000 wholesale trade value on a 2008 427R and retail would be about $32-34k. Whoever is giving you $20,000 is trying to rip you off...

A 427R and a stage 3 are two different cars. I never mentioned a 427R

Maybe your dealership deals in roushes and has a market for them. 99% of dealers don't know what to do with them, they're vin coded as a GT.

I get calls on "what is this Saleen or roush or Steeda worth" all the time. And I deal with many dealers in a daily basis

They're not worth 8-12% more than a GT to the majority of the market.

You've obviously come up with a niche and that's awesome, I wish more of my clients would do that.

Last edited:
A 427R and a stage 3 are two different cars. I never mentioned a 427R

Maybe your dealership deals in roushes and has a market for them. 99% of dealers don't know what to do with them, they're vin coded as a GT.

I get calls on "what is this Saleen or roush or Steeda worth" all the time. And I deal with many dealers in a daily basis

They're not worth 8-12% more than a GT to the majority of the market.

You've obviously come up with a niche and that's awesome, I wish more of my clients would do that.

Your right. A 2008 Stage 3 is worth approx $1-2k more than a 427R. They are indeed worth 8-12% more than a GT as they are serialized specialty cars just like a 68 GT500 was. A clone 68 GT500 isn't worth what a true one is, just like a clone Roush isn't worth what a serialized car is. Roush has a registry as well. The problem is, most dealers don't want to take the time or know what the market is on such cars..... shoot, you can pull up sold cars on Ebay all day long and see what they sell for. If you ever need a buy bid... call me. We always have a market for these cars..

John
317-796-8472

wawrecker

Established Member
LOL @ a post-title car holding value:lol1:

Not a dig just ironic that the original GT500 was a post title mod car that appreciated enormously but with so many post title mods currently available including the Super Snake none of them hold there value.

Last edited:

black8ball

a cars worth is only the value the person buying it feels its worth or is willing to pay...i am happy with my 2013 Roush Stage 3... I had a 2011 Roush 5xr and i could not go anywhere without someone telling how nice of a car it was even if they know what a "Roush" was or not...if i needed to have the fastest thing on the road i would go back to buying a sportbike...of course guys on a SVT/GT500 forum are going to pick a GT500...the Roush forums are full of guys who traded in their GT500 for a Roush...its going to come down to two guys meeting at a track to find the real performance king...3 in if you want to inclued the BOSS...

KILRSVT

Established Member
Ill take the Shelby I believe they were testing them in the nurgburgring rough probably handles better but I want 650hp

chuckstang

Established Member
There is actually an uproar over that. Ford paid top gear off to do that episode and provided a modified Boss for that.... Roush found out about it and threw a fit and has Top Gear redoing a future episode with the Stage 3. It was quite interesting and shameful.... Funny thing, I just dyno'd a 2013 Boss 302 and a 2013 Stage 3 back to back on Wednesday. The Stage 3 did 515rwhp (607 at the fly) and the Boss did 373rwhp (440 at the fly) ummm physics don't line up here. The Boss is a turd... were talking about the GT500 and Stage 3. Those cars are 10x the car the Boss is. Manufacturers pay off vendors all the time for better reviews.... look at Congress and lobbiests if you don't think thats true....
It happens with Camaro and Mustang rivals too. One manufacturer pays a magazine to do a comparison against the other and provides a not quite stock vehicle for the review and test and reccomendation.. but for Ford to do that against one of their suppliers and partners is rediculous! I'm sorry, the Boss doesn't do it for me. It's too plain and simple and lacks the power of the GT500 and RS3.

I like Roush cars as well but youre out of your mind at your comments about the Boss 302. You obviously don't have a clue what that car is built of.

The Boss 302 is the better car and until 2013, the Boss was about equal with the GT500 as well, which is one of the reasons why Ford made the 13 GT500 so awsome is because they had to widen the performance gap between the 2 cars.

Remember you can't judge a car solely on its HP output which seems like what you are doing. Also, not all of Roush's cars have fully built motors like the GT500 and Boss. The Boss is far from a turd LOL Take a look at the weight difference between the Boss and Roush/GT500s with big ol blowers and intercoolers and wheels/tires haha

chuckstang

Established Member
some of you here are in dreamland.......a mass produced 'Shelby' or Roush holding value.

and some are actually smart (Ry Trapp0)

Gee Chuck^ how much did your 2007 'shelby' sell for ?? and to others.......you can buy mint garage queen 2007 ' Shelby's' for $30k and the Roush........no one even wants them up here when the better and faster car is a GT500 so they sit on showrooms. Check the market on this forum when guys selling almost new 2010 and '11's GT500's for low, low $40, I think one just sold a 2012 !! for low $40 too. Hold value??? haha LOL

You can fight back all you want and even cheapshot because I know the truth does hurt and it is the truth. Accept it, it's easier.

Dude you were the biggest Shelby/Ford/SVT nutswinger when you had one but now that you have a POS vette, you think Mustangs suck and Chevy is great. I just drove my friends 08 vette z06 the other day and while it is fast, it drove like a massive POS.

But I would still not hesitate to own one but not at the 70-90k it costs new, way too much coin. The Boss and new GT500 are much better values new and you get a much nicer car. Better interior, back seat, more HP, more curb appeal, its a Ford, oh and the GT500 has a higher top speed ;-) haha

chuckstang

Established Member
Roush engineers make up half of the SVT team. They are on contract.... why do you think they started using a derivitive of the 2.3L TVS blower?

This is very true. The roush guys did most of the testing on the original condor motor.

Roush and SVT and Ford Racing all help each other out. Saleen back in the day did the same as well, particularly with the Ford GT.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
This is very true. The roush guys did most of the testing on the original condor motor.

Roush and SVT and Ford Racing all help each other out. Saleen back in the day did the same as well, particularly with the Ford GT.

But around here everyone is balls deep in SVT and don't even realize what that "post title" car company does for them. So ignorant.

Like I said before, RS3 vs. Boss match up on top gear was a joke to say the least. The Boss is a great car. No doubt about that, but I don't think it will handle RS3.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
shelby all day I'm not a big fan of roush mustangs but I do want to see that roush run with that zr1 It would be sick to see 2 mustangs kill camaros top dog

Users who are viewing this thread