2013 Signature Edition Super Snake on JCW show

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
was listening to the John Clay Wolfe show on saturday morning. for those that dont know, JCW is the owner of Give Me the Vin. he has a nationally syndicated radio show on saturday morning. its hilarious. anywho, people call in and tell them about their car and he offers to buy it off them on the air.

so this guy calls in this past weekend. (anyone here? lol). he says he has 2013 GT500 Super Snake Signature Edtion #1. guy starts talking all about it and how special it is. John asks are you calling to sell or calling to brag? the guy says "both" lol. after some back and forth, John says "this is the antique road show" and asks him what he thinks the car is worth.......

One million dollars!! guy said its been appraised a few times for that amount... John says nothing made by Shelby in the 2000s is worth $1 million. he said he's thinking more like $100k (lol). guy says "but its number 1!".

anyone here? lol im thinking maybe $500k on a good day but i could be way off...

Attachments

• one million.png
    one million.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 56

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and just because...... i guess they were recently AT shelby hq

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
was listening to the John Clay Wolfe show on saturday morning. for those that dont know, JCW is the owner of Give Me the Vin. he has a nationally syndicated radio show on saturday morning. its hilarious. anywho, people call in and tell them about their car and he offers to buy it off them on the air.

so this guy calls in this past weekend. (anyone here? lol). he says he has 2013 GT500 Super Snake Signature Edtion #1. guy starts talking all about it and how special it is. John asks are you calling to sell or calling to brag? the guy says "both" lol. after some back and forth, John says "this is the antique road show" and asks him what he thinks the car is worth.......

One million dollars!! guy said its been appraised a few times for that amount... John says nothing made by Shelby in the 2000s is worth $1 million. he said he's thinking more like $100k (lol). guy says "but its number 1!".

anyone here? lol im thinking maybe $500k on a good day but i could be way off...
Shelby1000s aren't selling for more than 250k, JFK auto got some poor sucker to pay 275k for a 320 mile 2013 Super Snake Widebody Holeshot package car. I still think that was way over priced.

#47 Signature edition holeshot super snake just sold at Mecum for 93,500
Screenshot_20231016_094151_Chrome.jpg

And #2 Signature edition widebody holeshot sold for 148,500
Screenshot_20231016_094339_Chrome.jpg

I love the GT500 Super Snakes more than most people but even #1 of 50 is maybe worth 150k.....maybe.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Shelby1000s aren't selling for more than 250k, JFK auto got some poor sucker to pay 275k for a 320 mile 2013 Super Snake Widebody Holeshot package car. I still think that was way over priced.

#47 Signature edition holeshot super snake just sold at Mecum for 93,500
View attachment 1813322
And #2 Signature edition widebody holeshot sold for 148,500
View attachment 1813324

I love the GT500 Super Snakes more than most people but even #1 of 50 is maybe worth 150k.....maybe.

but this is NUMBER ONE!! what dont you understand about being number one?!

i guess JCW does know what he's talking about lol

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

i guess JCW does know what he's talking about lol
Lol, no doubt #1 does hold a little extra value, and obviously I don't know the current mileage (hopefully its low) or what color combo it has or if it has the holeshot or any other nice upgrades from Shelby American. And maybe to the right collector looking for something like that, it might be worth 160 to 180k. But for a million I'm buying two 05/06 FGTs, Not a Super Snake

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

Sounds like somebody from that other forum where ADMs are a badge of honor, rather than a mark of abject stupidity. :ROFLMAO:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
A vehicle is worth what " a buyer " is willing to pay for it, independent of what we @ SVTP think..
You speak the truth, obviously we all have our own opinions, but you know what they say about opinions :ROFLMAO:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats just plain silly what the guy has suggested his signature SS to be worth. If he has holeshot package and widebody to go with that #1 build, it could go very easily north of 200K. Any model whether it be SS or shelby 1000 with a CSM # 1-10 will draw in more money due to its low CSM # which collectors deem more valuable. Owners of these low CSM # shelbys had to fork out an extra 10K just to get that low CSM build number. The signature edition was a limited production build of 1-50 builds. So far they dont seem to be bringing in much more than a SS but again a #1 build will bring big money from the right collector.

2013-ford-shelby-mustang-gt500-super-snake

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread