2013 Tail lights for the 05-09s???

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Check out the link posted in thread #90 below ... there's some pictures of a red GT500 with these tail lights.

This picture especially shows the difference/comparison in look against a Red surrounding area...........

pic2_zps0eebd55a.jpg

^^^If those 2013 tails were done in a oem Red lens, it would be a completely different look to the rear this car.

R

Last edited:

AMDanBailer

Hey Guys,

Just to let everyone know, over the next few weeks we'll finally have a steady inventory of the Gen5 Taillights! However, starting January 1st the price is going up to $399.99. If you'd like to get the current price of $369.99, I'd recommend heading to the product page and placing your order!

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up directly and I'll definitely help you out!

-Dan

gtt500

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Just to let everyone know, over the next few weeks we'll finally have a steady inventory of the Gen5 Taillights! However, starting January 1st the price is going up to $399.99. If you'd like to get the current price of $369.99, I'd recommend heading to the product page and placing your order!

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up directly and I'll definitely help you out!

-Dan
Is a non-tinted version going to happen?

brandonflood123

Established Member
As of right now there isn't a non-tinted version in the works. I'll check with the guys at Raxiom for you and see what I can find out! If the plans change, you guys will be the first to know.

-Dan

you should also check with them if they will be makin something like this for the 2010-12 models

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
This picture especially shows the difference/comparison in look against a Red surrounding area...........

pic2_zps0eebd55a.jpg

^^^If those 2013 tails were done in a oem Red lens, it would be a completely different look to the rear this car.

R

+1 - I would like to see this in OEM Red Lens....Tinted one's aren't for me...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

pic2_zps0eebd55a.jpg

R

the red/stock look better. i really want to like these tail lights. and i do like them. but i dont think they will look so great on my white/blue stripe car. they look GREAT on dark colored cars or cars with a blackout panel. definitely!

As of right now there isn't a non-tinted version in the works. I'll check with the guys at Raxiom for you and see what I can find out! If the plans change, you guys will be the first to know.

-Dan

man if they could do them with red plastic lens like stock, they'd sell like crazy. theyre already selling like crazy in tinted form. you know in red they would too. unlike the newer cars with their standard blackout panels, they just dont look right at home on ours. unless you add that panel. which doesnt really work for guys with striped cars. depending on the color combo but still.

all it would require (im assuming) would be a red version of the plastic outer layer. thats obviously added on at the end once the tail light assembly is put together. so 95% of the tail light will be the same (for manufacturing). just the outer layer will be different. same mold even. just different plastic. and how much could that possibly be? lol.

we know that if AM (with its DEEP pockets) wants red ones Raxiom will produce them. shit, do a small batch as a trial run to see what demand is like. i guarantee you there will be just as much demand for them if not more.

its not like we're asking 5 different versions. tinted and red. that's it. we dont need clear altezza ricer lights or blue or anything other bs.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease lol

we appreciate them making this awesome product for us. they make different versions of headlights and side markers, why not the tail lights? :beer:

and they definitely should be making them for 10-12s. maybe they dont feel there are enough cars compared to 05-09 (s197s) but it still has to be like a million mustangs from 10-12 when you consider V6, GT and GT500 and more, all use the same lights!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
the red/stock look better. i really want to like these tail lights. and i do like them. but i dont think they will look so great on my white/blue stripe car. they look GREAT on dark colored cars or cars with a blackout panel. definitely!

I like them on mine more each time I open the garage door.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I like them on mine more each time I open the garage door.

ive looked at pics of your car. post up more if you can. various angles and distances away. my car looks like yours for the most part so its a big help :beer:

and i dont think they look BAD at all. i think they did a very nice job on these. i would just love them if they were red. i like the red/white/blue look my car has :)
i only have minor tint and no other real black accents other than stock black parts.

they match your stripes and black accents nicely :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve said:
...its not like we're asking 5 different versions. tinted and red. that's it. we dont need clear altezza ricer lights or blue or anything other bs.

Nailed it. C'mon Raxiom, you really don't have to drag this out. Do the math, check your finances and get on the phone.

cluscher

Established Member
The last few pics posted show the light's red accents far better than any other pics posted. I was originally thinking a non-smoked version would look better, but with these two recent pics more clearly showing where the taillight lights, it makes these look pretty darn cool to me.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
ive looked at pics of your car. post up more if you can. various angles and distances away. my car looks like yours for the most part so its a big help :beer:

and i dont think they look BAD at all. i think they did a very nice job on these. i would just love them if they were red. i like the red/white/blue look my car has :)

I'll see what I can do on the pics. car is dirty now, got caught in the rain Sunday and now it's too cold to wash it, so if we get a break and I can clean it up I'll grab some shots. :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Mine came in let me know how they look...
[URL="
92d4f6e5ab4bce2a1716e88aa48f9a38.jpg
"

this makes them look great. but i think theyre in direct sunlight in this pic. i actually got to see these in person on a car at a local show a few weeks ago and they look dark. so im sure that's the sunlight just hitting the red reflector part at the perfect angle. i had even though, if i put reflective tape on there in the perfect size, shape they would be more visible (like this pic) lol.

and of course, they look great when they light up. it would be better if they lit up like the oem ones, where its a steady stream of light, and you couldnt see the individual leds....but we cant be too picky and i know thats not going to change at this point. that's a big change. changing the plastic cover/light is not.

Users who are viewing this thread