2014 Corvette a crying shame?

AParrette

Established Member
GM continues to only ruin its sports cars and the Vette was the last thing they had going for them. Now they've ruined it.

It's their entire lineup. And the new platform they bring in is stolen from their holden line. I'd rather gm just keep multiple names and offer one or two cars a year for each name. So Chevy has corvette and camaro. Gmc had the trucks and fleet. Pontiac, holden, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Saab each represent their own niche

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
they deff stole the interior of a nissan gtr put a pic of both same color side by side and side front brake duct grilles they are like exactly same as a nissan gtr, the sttering wheel and dash/ interior is exactly nissan gtr stolen lol

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I like it.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Download tapatalk. You'll see several threads in roadside and pics & vids.

Ditto on TapaTalk. Once you use it on your smart phone you'll kick yourself for not having used it sooner. :rockon:

As far as the 2014 Vette, my initial reaction was that I loved the sides and front and hated the rear. And I thought the overall design was too busy. However, after having viewed photos multiple times and after having seen it at the Barrett Jackson auction on Saturday, it is now at the top of my "want" list.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
with DOD and VVT, etc this motor is gonna be a bitch to mod....

i am gonna buy one anyway though because i like the way it looks. i am just waiting to see what the HIGH Performance option is gonna be. with the new mileage standards i bet they drop the Z06 and offer one performance motor option that is smaller in displacement with no DOD and has TT's :coolman:

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
81848988.png

12711370.png

For me, too much similarity unfortunately

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Not diggin the rear end which is what I would be looking at if I raced one.

This.

Just speakin' the truth, here. It'll probably stomp a mud hole in my entirely mortal Cobra with just a pulley on it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the vette guys ive talked to all seem to love it. a few have talked about getting one.

im not a fan of the partially painted pillars or the quad exhaust. looks funny imo. the tail lights will grow on people im sure. i wasnt a fan of the C6 headlights when they came out. i still think the housing should be blacked out instead of color matched.

still, i think this car looks good. an all black one would work. hide some of the questionable parts lol.

kudos to GM for making it look aggressive as hell.

soon we'll be seeing fat retired couples driving around in their vert with slushboxes that will never break 80mph lol.

Raven519

Established Member
they deff stole the interior of a nissan gtr put a pic of both same color side by side and side front brake duct grilles they are like exactly same as a nissan gtr, the sttering wheel and dash/ interior is exactly nissan gtr stolen lol

Since I'm bored I decided to help you out with the comparison.
Side by side interior, so if you meant that they have a gauge cluster, touch screen system, vents, then you are correct that they are exactly the same.
vetteandgtrinterior.jpg

gtrandvetteseats.jpg

Side comparison for your front vents, the new vette angles it more and cuts the upper body line short, the GTR doesn't have the upper body line, and its more closely angled to the C6 style, so who copied who again?
c6andc7sideshot.jpg

1101_07z2012_nissan_gt-rside_view.jpg

If this doesn't help, one is just a hater. lol

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It's their entire lineup. And the new platform they bring in is stolen from their holden line. I'd rather gm just keep multiple names and offer one or two cars a year for each name. So Chevy has corvette and camaro. Gmc had the trucks and fleet. Pontiac, holden, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Saab each represent their own niche

Huh??? Take off the blue tinted glasses for a sec.

If GM owns Holden, how is it called stealing? It's actually called global platform sharing, which EVERYONE does. Even almighty Ford shares platforms across continents. They actually share more than GM does. Hell, the entire Lincoln lineup is basically a re-badged Ford platform.

einehund

Established Member
my question is... how many Vette/Camaro owners are going to say the EXACT SAME THING for the 2015 mustang? How many of US didn't like the '10-12 ass end of the stang? I like the C7 looks especially since with the vents, form follows function...

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
no news here, Chevrolet has done this before

yet, somehow these cars pictured are still cool :rockon:

Yet, the C7's rear end unfortuantely still looks like it borrowed tailights from the Camaro and is still the weak spot in its styling. The rest of the car looks good IMO.

50 Proof

Established Member
No one like the 2010 mustang rear either when it first came out. I think the c7 rear looks bad ass. I'm glad they finally evolved the corvette away from most of the 80s styling that continued to live on through the c6. The vette was in need of a serious refresh. I hated that I could look at a c6 and still see a c4 and a c5.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
The more I see the photos, the less I like it, especially in black. Rear window's too horizontal, rear fascia looks like a sad Transformer with runny mascara. I can appreciate the new tech it's packing, but not so sure I'd prefer seeing it in my driveway instead of a C6. I'd really have to see it in person to get a better idea of what it looks like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread