2014 Dealer inventory update

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I dunno, if you look at the Used market, Those Dealers are thinking they have struck Gold and slapping outrageous ADM's on used. Some only last a week or two before they start coming back down to reality, but I think they throw it out there and hope someone bites.

I know in So Cal, most dealers are adding an ADM, so its easier for them to "argue" when they know anywhere in the region your going to have one.

This is why I was looking out of state to find mine. Mine is coming from Oregon to CA. Should have it by mid next week! :banana:

Lawrenzo

Established Member
This is why I was looking out of state to find mine. Mine is coming from Oregon to CA. Should have it by mid next week! :banana:

I considered buying out of state, but last spring the best deals were back East. Once the cost of enclosed shipping is added back(close to $2,000) it was pretty much a wash. Plus I would have had to smog it and deal with the all the DMV hassles. Just not worth the effort in my book.

I'd bet that the inventory will be at least half gone by July 4th.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Most of those are because of ADMs. Hell I think there are technically unsold KR's out there.

My local dealer has a new 09 KR red/silver he is asking $75K for. His salesman don't know how to sell it because the Ford sticker states something like "Not for Highway Use" so they tell everyone it is a collector car and can't be licensed. Yet right next to that sticker is the Shelby sticker.:dw:

Tom

USV8PWR

Established Member
I dunno, I think we are going to see cars on the lots until Fall. I mean there are still some 13's on the lots new.

Here we go again. Like another said, they either have ADMs or the dealer is hanging onto it as a showroom museum piece. Now find me a 13 available for MSRP or less. There might be a couple out there but only a couple. These 14's will quickly dry up when the weather gets warmer. Shoot, every day it seems a new 2014 owner shows up on this site or says they just bought one. And this is just one site with and a small population of 2013/2014 owners.

The kr's tanked in value.

Because the performance of the regular Shelby not only met the KR's level in 2010, but began exceeding it in 2011 and blew past it in 2013.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
Good info here....
Wish there was a way to search dealer inventory on the Ford website nationwide instead of just by zip code or dealer name.

I'm sort of looking for a non-SVTPP 820a base car.....most seem to be loaded.

DOHC MARK VIII

Mustang ***** since 1970
Established Member
Drove 4.5 hours up into snow country to get my 2014 two weeks ago. Had a heck of a time getting it out the dealership's snowed-in/ice filled lot. Once on the road, it was clear sailing back south. It's a base model with Recaro's and Nav system. According to "cargurus.com" it had been on the lot about 6 months and they came nearly $3K off the MSRP. I'm happy, it replaced my 2011 Shelby GT-500 daily driver which had 42K miles. :coolman:

hockeylover86

Established Member
Good info here....
Wish there was a way to search dealer inventory on the Ford website nationwide instead of just by zip code or dealer name.

I'm sort of looking for a non-SVTPP 820a base car.....most seem to be loaded.

I had to order mine the way I wanted. Just base (820A) with glass roof and stripe delete. I think its a unique look. Glass roof is a must have in my opinion.

IMG_0109_zps5cf7532e.jpg

svt93cobrablack

Established Member
Great looking car! I love the Ruby Red. I have worked for a Ford dealer for 25 years and only a ford dealership can get into their vehicle locator to search for exactly what a customer wants. If any one is looking for a specific Shelby just pm me and I will let you know where it is and what dealer invoice is, as soon as the weather breaks the inventories will dry up and the prices will go back up, it's been a brutal winter for most of the northeast so some of the dealers are going below sticker. Think Spring!

big_ole_truck

Established Member
That's a generous offer to those thinking about buying a Shelby. I'd jump all over his offer if I was in the market to buy.

swedensky

Established Member
Great looking car! I love the Ruby Red. I have worked for a Ford dealer for 25 years and only a ford dealership can get into their vehicle locator to search for exactly what a customer wants. If any one is looking for a specific Shelby just pm me and I will let you know where it is and what dealer invoice is, as soon as the weather breaks the inventories will dry up and the prices will go back up, it's been a brutal winter for most of the northeast so some of the dealers are going below sticker. Think Spring!

If you get backed up with request I'm more than willing to help. Unfortunately we don't sell below MSRP at my store but I can let some of you know where your car is.

Users who are viewing this thread