2014 GT Aluminator & CPR Turbo kit build (Picture heavy!)

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Don't know if I missed it but what wheel and tire combo will you be running?

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
good stuff

Looking real good Dasan!!!! Any plans to change out the mufflers and at least cut the resonators out??

Deespeed99

Established Member
Nice any pics on the car? I'm predicting some wheels up pics with t-the brake on!

Pictures of the wheels on my old car are on my flickr account. I also have pictures of what they look like now after plastidip.

Whoops sorry, I know they clear I have the same setup. Any plans to go bigger?

I dont think so. I dont see a need to do any bigger of a wheel then a 10" for these cars.

Looking real good Dasan!!!! Any plans to change out the mufflers and at least cut the resonators out??

Thanks man. You know how the street scene is around here ill be keeping it as quiet as i can LOL! Down the road id like to do a 13 GT500 valance/muffler setup though.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Good write-up here in case anyone wants to learn more about them: Drag Racing Trans Brake - Performance Parts - Hot Rod Magazine

This part answer's some questions here:

"What Is A Trans Brake?
Available for most popular automatic transmission applications from companies like TCI for between $400 and $500, a trans-brake conversion consists of a few (reversible) case modifications and a specially modified valve body that's equipped with an electric solenoid. A driver-operated pushbutton triggers the solenoid to move a shuttle valve, causing the transmission's hydraulic circuitry to engage First and Reverse gears at the same time. If this sounds like a recipe for self-destruction, remember the car is not in motion when the activation button is depressed. With the transmission input-shaft effectively locked, the driver then mashes the accelerator pedal to the floor, giving the torque converter no option other than to slip until its absolute stall speed is reached. When the light turns green, the driver releases the activation button and the car explodes off the line. Once moving, the driver upshifts the transmission in the usual way.

Should trans-brake users be worried that the engine might over-rev and break when they mash the gas with the trans-brake button depressed? No. Although holding the pedal on the floor when the car isn't moving yet goes against every hot rodder's base instincts, the churning torque converter safely maintains enough resistance to limit engine speed. But for peace of mind, many users install a multi-step rev-limiter just in case, and to fine-tune the launch rpm to match track conditions.

Things To Consider
While a trans brake will typically produce a higher stall speed than foot-braking alone, it won't transform a low-stall OE stocker into a full race converter, so don't look for miracles. TCI tells customers to move up to a trans brake only after they've already installed a torque converter that is well suited to their vehicle combination (weight, camshaft, gear ratio, traction potential, and so on). The best plan is to select a torque converter that, with the trans brake engaged, allows the motor to flash to within 200 rpm of its torque peak. There are plenty of chassis dynos in the land these days, so peak torque data is easily obtained for a modest investment."

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
have u made it to a track yet ?

Not yet but will soon (Hopefully the next week or 2).

It's made 729/689 so far on 93 octane but not quite done yet. All the extra stuff I've had done has delayed the tuning process so it's my own fault it's not done lol.

Users who are viewing this thread