2014 GT Aluminator & CPR Turbo kit build (Picture heavy!)

Deespeed99

Established Member
It's been a long 3 months but here is a background of the build. I traded my '13 MT82 for a base model no options '14 6R80, because my 13 was fully loaded I actually made out pretty good on trade in. BTW I'll be uploading pictures for a few minutes after I post this. I also took hundreds (literally) of pictures so feel free to ask me anything you want to see.

Here is the car the day I bought it. Took it to be weighed and it came in at 3505 with half a tank of gas and the spare tire.

Within a few days of owning the car it was already on my friends lift and dropping the stock motor to be sold.

The aluminator uses a bigger filter so you have to swap to a standard oil filter for ease of fitment.

I went with a JPC fuel system and got a CPE triple hat with E85 safe pumps. Also went with ID2000 injectors.

Next came the aluminator ordered from tousley (Sold my stock motor for $4500). I went with 9.5:1 for the extra peace of mind since I'll be running pump a lot. Plus I want to push this motor to 1000 on E85 & it came with the billet gears also. I kept the trans stock because I wanted to see how far you could push it with only a Circle D (2B).

Next came the turbo kit! It's incredible the quality of the kit. It swaps a lot of stock parts with light weight parts and outside of the turbo actually drops weight off the car surprisingly. Feel free to ask me anything specific as Dustin already has a build thread.

CPR designed k-member

Custom radiator support that comes with the kit (can be made for a stock sway bar or without)

Low profile dual fans that re-use the factory thermostat for the fans.

Billet 76mm BW!

Untitled by DeeSpeed99, on Flickr

Full suspension ready to go!

And the finished product. I'm having Adam at Revolutuon Auto tuning the car and it'll be going to him Tuesday! Stay tuned for numbers within a week or 2 and track times immediately after.

se8yzana.jpg

u4emavem.jpg

upyjyga7.jpg

Got my covers back from paint also!

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Wow!!!! That is amazing!

The only thing I would have done different is move that Peterson Blowby setup to the back firewall like the Boss 302S like THIS. Other than that, AMAZING!!!!

Deespeed99

Established Member
Wow!!!! That is amazing!

The only thing I would have done different is move that Peterson Blowby setup to the back firewall like the Boss 302S like THIS. Other than that, AMAZING!!!!

Thanks guys! I can't say enough about the support and customer service Dustin gave me the last 3 months with this kit. I put the catch can there because I didn't like how it fit on my '13 next to the stock battery. If I had a light weight or battery in the trunk I'd put it there again. I can't say I like where it's at now either LOL!

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Thanks guys! I can't say enough about the support and customer service Dustin gave me the last 3 months with this kit. I put the catch can there because I didn't like how it fit on my '13 next to the stock battery. If I had a light weight or battery in the trunk I'd put it there again. I can't say I like where it's at now either LOL!

I hope I didn't come across as being critical. I appreciate all the time and money you've put into this car! And the pics too! LOL!!! I'm living vicariously through your pics.:D

Can't wait to see how the car runs! Dustins work is stellar on his turbo kits!:beer:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
That CPR turbo looks pretty damn good in there. Do you have any regrets from going from a loaded 13 to a stripper 14? The only regret from buying my car is that I didn't buy a used ctsv instead :D.

Users who are viewing this thread