2014 GT Aluminator & CPR Turbo kit build (Picture heavy!)

Deespeed99

Established Member
OP nice build, i'm glad you did it on your own. the blood, sweat & beers add up and it's SOOOO rewarding that YOU did it.

I've heard nothing but bad rep on the hellion single kit. i'm glad to see you didnt swap it to your newer model car. how was the craftsmanship and fitting of the cpr kit?

keep us in the loop, we wanna know everything..

It was rewarding but nerve racking because it was my 1st time doing a lot of this stuff. I've built bikes but a car is a little different. You get worried about things not going right.

I wouldn't say the hellion single was a bad kit it just requires changes to make it work well and if you don't have access to a shop or have to pay labor that can be expensive. The guy I sold it to is happy and I was too but there were a lot of things I was not happy with as well.

CPR's kit is a work of art. The craftsmanship is amazing and the fitting was even better. Everything fit well with very little modifications needed. To the point where I could take it off and not have these stand out modifications to my car.

86merc

Established Member
Looks great. Can't wait to see some track numbers.

Nice! That turbo looks huge! Are you sure is not the 80 kit from Dustin? :D

The turbo is the same size for a 72, 75 and 80 mm impeller. Unless you get the race cover. Then I think you can fit up to a 88mm impeller at least. Maybe larger. The the scroll is a larger diameter with the race cover so it is harder to fit when you have limited space. But the race cover but makes more power. Worth the money for sure.

I have been using Borg Warner turbos for a few years now. They a reliable turbos, that perform well and are very fairly priced.

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
CPR's kit is a work of art. The craftsmanship is amazing and the fitting was even better. Everything fit well with very little modifications needed. To the point where I could take it off and not have these stand out modifications to my car.

That is the best part about a well engineered and manufactured kit. You don't have to worry about anything fitting, major modifications or the kit being efficient.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Anyone have a link to a price? Im about 80% sold on another FI option, but I love turbos and want to weighmy options.

hitmix300

Established Member
It was rewarding but nerve racking because it was my 1st time doing a lot of this stuff. I've built bikes but a car is a little different. You get worried about things not going right.

I wouldn't say the hellion single was a bad kit it just requires changes to make it work well and if you don't have access to a shop or have to pay labor that can be expensive. The guy I sold it to is happy and I was too but there were a lot of things I was not happy with as well.

thanks for the reply. you told me what i wanted to hear. glad your installation was smooth and turned out nice. i'm having a really hard time between a single turbo or twins.... :rockon::beer:

D.T.R

Established Member
Nice build dude.

Something doesn't add up as to how heavy your previous car was. I weighed mine at the track last weekend and it weighed in at 3460lbs. Premium A6... on bigs and littles.. and i removed the spare wheel.

Deespeed99

Established Member
How did you get the car to be 300 pounds lighter?

No options.

Nice build dude.

Something doesn't add up as to how heavy your previous car was. I weighed mine at the track last weekend and it weighed in at 3460lbs. Premium A6... on bigs and littles.. and i removed the spare wheel.

Sounds right. You are probably at 3590-3600 with the stock 18's & spare. I had the glass roof, navigation, backup camera, 19's alot more stuff...

D.T.R

Established Member
yep and i just bought some brembo 19s wheels lol
i refuse to race on those 100lb wheels lmao... a fiat 500 can challenge me to race on the hwy and i will decline. They're STUPID heavy.

notchy444

Established Member
Iv had the pleasure to say iv worked with Dustin in person and all I can say is his kit and customer service is amazing. Even tho I have a "Beefcake special" He was willing to help me with a few thing on my kit after the install. Really down to earth guy and is willing to stay late to help a fellow mustang guy out. even if its with his competitors kit hahaha thanks Dustin.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Sounds right. You are probably at 3590-3600 with the stock 18's & spare. I had the glass roof, navigation, backup camera, 19's alot more stuff...

My 2014 stock GT, full weight, AND a full tank of fuel didn't weigh 3,8xx. Mine has all options with auto, glass roof, nav, backup cam, recaro seats, brembo brakes, 19" wheels, etc. The shipping birth certificate on my car, with no fluids, was stated to be 3,575.

It was only 3,700 with a full tank. A full tank of fuel adds about 100 lbs. to the car.

1170932_10151840254526145_1634756211_n.jpg

This was comparing my stock 2014 GT to my modded (lightened) 2009 GT500.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

That is a pretty wicked looking kit, I gotta say.

And, that is also a badass K-Member!

Deespeed99

Established Member
I havent posted in a while because the car is being tuned so im just waiting on numbers BUT it was started and everything seems good so far! Im hoping to have numbers this week and track times by thanksgiving!

Edit:any where to link or upload videos other then youtube?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread