2014 GT M6 vs. Camaro ZL1

Sick03Vert

Banned
thread was on track till you inserted your cobra in it lol

so much for just congrats

:D

Ah...so you got butthurt by me saying a Ford product is better than a Chevy product?

Gotcha. Maybe you're on the wrong site? Or maybe you're just trolling me, as usual, and waiting for the word "Cobra" to come out my mouth, at any given time, about any given thing, so you can come in with your "Cobro" crap and attack me again. :bored:

You gotta get some new material. :fart:

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Ah...so you got butthurt by me saying a Ford product is better than a Chevy product?

Gotcha. Maybe you're on the wrong site? Or maybe you're just trolling me, as usual, and waiting for the word "Cobra" to come out my mouth, at any given time, about any given thing, so you can come in with your "Cobro" crap and attack me again. :bored:

You gotta get some new material. :fart:

you cant be this narrow minded...you just cant be be lol your always policing the 5.0 threads guy, dont get the story reversed.

i guess in your ignorant mind chevy isnt capable of making something better than the holy art thou cobra. LOL get a grip...we arent all fanboys like you.

:lol:

Sick03Vert

Banned
you cant be this narrow minded...you just cant be be lol your always policing the 5.0 threads guy, dont get the story reversed.

i guess in your ignorant mind chevy isnt capable of making something better than the holy art thou cobra. LOL get a grip...we arent all fanboys like you.

Still trolling me? Look man, I don't troll threads. 90% of kill stories now are 5.0 threads, so maybe that's why you have that impression? :shrug:

Like I said, I wasn't taking anything away from the OP. Yeah, I fully admit right now 100% I took a shot at the ZL1, which I will do every time I can because I hate that turd. But, why you get upset about that I don't know.

I didn't even mention anything negative about 5.0's until you said, incorrectly, that the ZL1 is the superior head turner to the Cobra. 99.99% of the population can't tell the ZL1 from the SS. At least the Cobra says "Cobra" on the back in big letters, gets sweet emblems for the fenders, and has a unique front bumper and hood. Plus, it has street cred...which the ZL1 will NEVER, EVER have.

I never said Chevy couldn't make something better than the Cobra. I like the C6Z06, and obviously the ZR1 is a beast as well.

I think at this point you are just trying to put words in my mouth to make me look bad, because I never dissed on anything but the ZL1 and you took it all personal.

Tell the rest of your "We Love To Troll Sick03Vert" fan club members I said hi, particularly Serpent and TexasStang. That'll probably get you guys typing away again with some other rumors about me. :lol1:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Lol. You guys act like every ZL1 you come across has a Tanner Foust driver behind the wheel. However if a ZL1 beat a cobra, the cobra had a shitty old man with parkinson’s behind the wheel.

The ZL1 would beat a 5.0 stock to stock, at the drag strip and especially on a road course. Anything can happen on the street though.

I'm going to say you raced a 1LE or a shitty ass driver in a ZL1

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
The blower is an eaton, correct? So there should be no doubt if you were running next to it - did you here the whine? Or did they manage to pile so much plastic on top of the motor that you can't even hear the blower?

Lol you drive a newedge and you just made a plastic joke about another car

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
InB4GT500Slayer....

Nice win but many will question it.

Also..the ZL1's I have seen had a very obvious ZL1 badge?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I didn't even mention anything negative about 5.0's until you said, incorrectly, that the ZL1 is the superior head turner to the Cobra. 99.99% of the population can't tell the ZL1 from the SS. At least the Cobra says "Cobra" on the back in big letters, gets sweet emblems for the fenders, and has a unique front bumper and hood. Plus, it has street cred...which the ZL1 will NEVER, EVER have.
Lol, your posts have become more and more of a fricken joke. Do you actually read the shit you post? Its pathetic, and no one here is trolling you, we are just trying to bring you back down to earth because you think the shit you talk/post about is either relevant or important.

This guy said it best:
troll YOU? lol, its hard not to run into your diarrhea here at svtp.
:nonono:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Lol, your posts have become more and more of a fricken joke. Do you actually read the shit you post? Its pathetic, and no one here is trolling you, we are just trying to bring you back down to earth because you think the shit you talk/post about is either relevant or important.

This guy said it best:

I told him to tell you hi for me. How's it going? ;-)

Last edited:

GCubersoldat

Established Member
i never said i beat a ZL1, if you guys look back at the original post i made i said i was dead even with one :shrug: not sure why i would make up a story in road-kill and not even count it as a win.

it was dead even and i respect the ZL1 for what it is but the delivery of power to the ground is pretty terrible. for the same HP almost as the 07-10 shelby's they run 12.23's with an amazing driver behind the wheel auto. if you put that SAME driver into a bone stock 5.0 its been proven they'll run a 12.5-12.6....

[youtube_browser]2hBd0v7usIs[/youtube_browser]

with less than 3/10th of a second difference between the two considering they're the same driver and doing a 1/4 mile, wouldnt it be safe to say that the ZL1 up top loses the main advantage it has which is all the torque it brings? proof is in the vid....even with a 12.23 his trap speed was only 115 lol. i'm not sure how it was a shitty driver as it was either an auto w/ paddle shifters or he was shifting fast enough to not notice a fallback between shifts.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I told him to tell you hi for me. How's it going? ;-)

i think its easier to distinguish an SS from a ZL1 than it is a Cobra from the GT of thier years. Hell if my girl can tell a difference

and again lol NO ONE is trolling you...you inserted your cobra in this thread way before anything:bored:

Sick03Vert

Banned

i think its easier to distinguish an SS from a ZL1 than it is a Cobra from the GT of thier years. Hell if my girl can tell a difference

and again lol NO ONE is trolling you...you inserted your cobra in this thread way before anything:bored:

You only read what you want to, don't you? :lol1:

QuickC5Z

Established Member
I don't think this was a ZL1. Probably a 1LE. They look very similar. And anyone making the argument that 5.0s are just as fast is looking at it from a total one sided view.
Yes, there are ZL1s that only trap at 112, but there are 5.0s that trap 105 mph. As a matter of fact I was at the strip 3 weeks ago, and saw several 13-14 5.0s running low 13s@ 105-108 mph in +800 DA. There was a headwind so that was contributing to the low trap speeds.
With that said, the flaw in the argument is that the 5.0 is assumed to be a SOLID 112 mph trap car ALWAYS, which is far from the truth. Just like the ZL1 isn't ALWAYS a high teens trap car. But, if you see a ZL1 trappin 112, i'm sure the stock 5.0s on that track are struggling to run 108 probably slower.
Not talkin smack. Not hating, just being truthful.
Here's a 2013 5.0 Mustang vs a 2013 1LE. The drag race starts at 2:30. Now if the 5.0 is even with the ZL1, then so is a 1LE.

Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE vs Ford Mustang GT Track Pack! - Head 2 Head Episode 25 - YouTube

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
i will submit this for evidence of the poor performance characteristics of the ZL1...

'13 ZL1 vs intake, exhaust & tune '10 SS
13 Zl1 vs 10 SS - YouTube

exhaust & tune 5.0 vs ZL1
2013 gt vs zl1 camaro - YouTube

since there is tons of evidence out there that shows 5.0's are able to run with ZL1's (some win, some don't, most races are close), i'm not sure what the debate is?

OP claimed he ran dead even with the ZL1... given what we know to be average for both cars it would seem plausible.

Last edited:

QuickC5Z

Established Member
i will submit this for evidence of the poor performance characteristics of the ZL1...

'13 ZL1 vs intake, exhaust & tune '10 SS
13 Zl1 vs 10 SS - YouTube

exhaust & tune 5.0 vs ZL1
2013 gt vs zl1 camaro - YouTube

since there is tons of evidence out there that shows 5.0's are able to run with ZL1's (some win, some don't, most races are close), i'm not sure what the debate is?

OP claimed he ran dead even with the ZL1... given what we know to be average for both cars it would seem plausible.

A stock 5.0 WILL NOT run with a stock ZL1. Sorry, it doesn't matter how many YouTube videos you show as "evidence". I have seen videos of stock ZL1s pulling on bolton 5.0s. Although it is possible for a bolton 5.0 to beat a stock ZL1. ZL1s are about as fast from the factory as 2011-2012 GT500s. And a little quicker than stock CTSVs. Stock for stock a 5.0 is no match for a ZL1...neither are 03 04 Cobras, this Iis FACT.
Im not even biased towards the ZL1. I think they look sweet, but thats it. I would take a 11-12 Shelby any day over a ZL1.
I already posted a vid of what a 1LE does against a 5.0 on a drag strip from a reliable source. That same source drag raced a ZL1 vs Boss and the Boss Lost by 4 teths and 4mph.

Elwood617

Established Member
A stock 5.0 WILL NOT run with a stock ZL1. Sorry, it doesn't matter how many YouTube videos you show as "evidence". I have seen videos of stock ZL1s pulling on bolton 5.0s. Although it is possible for a bolton 5.0 to beat a stock ZL1. ZL1s are about as fast from the factory as 2011-2012 GT500s. And a little quicker than stock CTSVs. Stock for stock a 5.0 is no match for a ZL1...neither are 03 04 Cobras, this Iis FACT.
Im not even biased towards the ZL1. I think they look sweet, but thats it. I would take a 11-12 Shelby any day over a ZL1.
I already posted a vid of what a 1LE does against a 5.0 on a drag strip from a reliable source. That same source drag raced a ZL1 vs Boss and the Boss Lost by 4 teths and 4mph.

I would agree that the race is the ZL1 driver's to lose. It wouldn't take much for a any of the above mentioned cars to win in a race with a ZL1. The guy racing against the OP may have started in the wrong gear = 5.0 hanging with it.
The ZL1 doesn't have a great enough power to weight ratio advantage to make up for driver's error when racing against the latest pony cars.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member

there seems to be a HUGE variation in what the ZL1 runs at any given time (be it driver or vehicle, it's still a variation). i don't take youtube as the definitive source for vehicle performance but the credible video of ZL1's seeing tail lights is undeniable. everyday life isn't run on the same track with the same driver, shit happens.

in the case of our OP; he was able to hang with and stay even with a ZL1 for a highway pull. he didn't claim to stomp one from a dig or run down 5 car lengths and pass him. given how the ZL1's have been performing on the street the story is very reasonable and believable.

it's great to see the "OMG a 5.0 can't beat a ZL1" or "can't be a ZL1 must have been an SS". for the HYPE surrounding the ZL1 (and the cost) that car should be stomping '13 GT500's... it's not even in the same league.

take a look at how the ZL1 stacks up against the SS: stock SS's are mid to high 12's, stock ZL1's are low 12's with a select few dipping into the 11's. i know at this point in the game it's a big half to three quarters of a second but when taking that to the street that half to three quarters of a second isn't that much of a difference.

the ZL1 damn well SHOULD be faster than a 5.0, it should still be faster than a basic bolt-on / tune 5.0. as it turns out, some times it is... other times, not so much :shrug:

and let's not forget that people still seem to compare EVERYTHING to the 03/04 Cobra :rockon:

Last edited:

125oh

Established Member
^ agree everything equal the zl1 should win . Bit not by a big margin . As I said I have a 5.0 and it's great stock and modded but thinking a stock 5.0 will beat a zl1 with equal drivers is bias . 130 hp is hard to make up .

5.0jake

Established Member
Yes, there are ZL1s that only trap at 112, but there are 5.0s that trap 105 mph. As a matter of fact I was at the strip 3 weeks ago, and saw several 13-14 5.0s running low 13s@ 105-108 mph in +800 DA. There was a headwind so that was contributing to the low trap speeds.
With that said, the flaw in the argument is that the 5.0 is assumed to be a SOLID 112 mph trap car ALWAYS, which is far from the truth.
Going to have to disagree here.
The 5.0 is extremely easy to get down the track. I even ran a 13.3 @111 missing 3rd (when stock). Tuned I ran a 12.96 @113 with a crappy 60 ft and granny shifting the thing. The majority of other 5.0's at the track seem to run well overall.
5th gen Camaro SS's (capable of running 111-112 stock) however in general seem to run pretty crappy times from what Ive observed(not on a video but in real life). My brothers tuned 3.7 stang runs about even with my fathers stock l99 from a dig and roll lol.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned

:lol::lol::lol:

The CTS-V offers all the power of the ZL1, in a much better, not to mention lighter, package. In a drag race, the CTS-V is gonna be all over that ZL1. THAT...is a FACT.

Another fact: There still exist some GM fans that are willing to stand by the embarrassment that is the ZL1 even now, despite the fact that the smart buyers are going blown SS for FAR less cash. The 5.0 is a good matchup for the ZL1, stock for stock, due to the tremendous weight difference.

You've pissed me off now....because I'm having to cheerlead the 5.0 in this one and I HATE doing that. BUT..it is a better, faster car than the ZL1.

As I'm sure you know, a fully built, meth injected, stalled and molested ZL1 is no match for a blown 5.0. There's video proof of that on this site, with a nod to member nonliberal for the credit.

I can also see an '03 Cobra easily dropping a ZL1 as well, as finding a stock Cobra is almost impossible and I would bet good money I could drop a ZL1 in my car, as I can smack around SS models, including the 1LE, all day long.

In addition, the 1LE package looks nothing like the ZL1. Nobody, not even a blind man, can miss that gay ass carbon fiber Pep Boys hood GM puts on the ZL1, nor the big, oversized funky badging either. Since when are ZL1's shipping with gloss black hoods no matter the color? Oh, that's right...they aren't. :rollseyes

GM makes one decent performance car: The Corvette. And that's it. The 5th gen Camaro's are a damn joke and are a much better run for the Dodge Challenger lineup than the Mustang group. The 5.0 stock is door to door with the ZL1 stock...anything over a GT, the ZL1 is getting bitch slapped.

I'd love to race one around here, but unfortunately, even in a city as performance-car-happy as Houston, there doesn't seem to be enough idiots out there willing to buy a piece of shit ZL1 as the fanboys would have you believe....I've yet to see one on the street.

They are probably all down at a road course track day bragging about magnetic suspension and how it's a ZR1 with back seats. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread