2014 GT M6 vs. Camaro ZL1

QuickC5Z

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol:

The CTS-V offers all the power of the ZL1, in a much better, not to mention lighter, package. In a drag race, the CTS-V is gonna be all over that ZL1. THAT...is a FACT.

Another fact: There still exist some GM fans that are willing to stand by the embarrassment that is the ZL1 even now, despite the fact that the smart buyers are going blown SS for FAR less cash. The 5.0 is a good matchup for the ZL1, stock for stock, due to the tremendous weight difference.

You've pissed me off now....because I'm having to cheerlead the 5.0 in this one and I HATE doing that. BUT..it is a better, faster car than the ZL1.

As I'm sure you know, a fully built, meth injected, stalled and molested ZL1 is no match for a blown 5.0. There's video proof of that on this site, with a nod to member nonliberal for the credit.

I can also see an '03 Cobra easily dropping a ZL1 as well, as finding a stock Cobra is almost impossible and I would bet good money I could drop a ZL1 in my car, as I can smack around SS models, including the 1LE, all day long.

In addition, the 1LE package looks nothing like the ZL1. Nobody, not even a blind man, can miss that gay ass carbon fiber Pep Boys hood GM puts on the ZL1, nor the big, oversized funky badging either. Since when are ZL1's shipping with gloss black hoods no matter the color? Oh, that's right...they aren't. :rollseyes

GM makes one decent performance car: The Corvette. And that's it. The 5th gen Camaro's are a damn joke and are a much better run for the Dodge Challenger lineup than the Mustang group. The 5.0 stock is door to door with the ZL1 stock...anything over a GT, the ZL1 is getting bitch slapped.

I'd love to race one around here, but unfortunately, even in a city as performance-car-happy as Houston, there doesn't seem to be enough idiots out there willing to buy a piece of shit ZL1 as the fanboys would have you believe....I've yet to see one on the street.

They are probably all down at a road course track day bragging about magnetic suspension and how it's a ZR1 with back seats. :lol1:

I don't care about your biased opinions, which is all any of your posts contain. Your opinioniated poats are lame and it aeems EVERYONE one here agrees. Truth hurts, and truth is, stock for stock a ZL1 would rape a stock Cobra.
As for the CTSV, it weighs the same as a ZL1 and has 30 less horsepower.
Your long rants are lame and pointless.and dont change the fact a ZL1 stock for stock will take a giant pooh on a "termi" Cobra, and knowing that drives you nuts and I love it. Hahaha

Last edited:

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I don't care about your biased opinions, which is all any of your posts contain. Your opinioniated poats are lame and it aeems EVERYONE one here agrees. Truth hurts, and truth is, stock for stock a ZL1 would rape a stock Cobra.
As for the CTSV, it weighs the same as a ZL1 and has 30 more horsepower.
Your long rants are lame and pointless.and dont change the fact a ZL1 stock for stock will take a giant pooh on a "termi" Cobra, and knowing that drives you nuts and I love it. Hahaha

yep, the super duper top of the line, best Camaro ever will outrun a 10+ year old car. i'm glad GM's measuring stick is STILL the Cobra.

Sick03Vert

Banned
As for the CTSV, it weighs the same as a ZL1 and has 30 less horsepower.

You're hilarious.

I didn't say stock Cobra, if you actually read my post you would know that.

I said a stock Cobra is hard to find, and that my car, with my mods, would slap that ass into next week.

The only thing that drives me nuts is that I haven't been able to anally rape one on film yet b/c all the owners are scared of what might be lurking under my hood.

But that happens when you drive a legend and people know the car is fast.....not a legendary failure like your beloved ZL1 that everyone and their mother knows is a turd. :kaboom:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

The CTS-V offers all the power of the ZL1, in a much better, not to mention lighter, package. In a drag race, the CTS-V is gonna be all over that ZL1. THAT...is a FACT.

dare i say i agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
Another fact: There still exist some GM fans that are willing to stand by the embarrassment that is the ZL1 even now, despite the fact that the smart buyers are going blown SS for FAR less cash. The 5.0 is a good matchup for the ZL1, stock for stock, due to the tremendous weight difference.

You've pissed me off now....because I'm having to cheerlead the 5.0 in this one and I HATE doing that. BUT..it is a better, faster car than the ZL1.

and lol

As I'm sure you know, a fully built, meth injected, stalled and molested ZL1 is no match for a blown 5.0. There's video proof of that on this site, with a nod to member nonliberal for the credit.

I can also see an '03 Cobra easily dropping a ZL1 as well, as finding a stock Cobra is almost impossible and I would bet good money I could drop a ZL1 in my car, as I can smack around SS models, including the 1LE, all day long.

In addition, the 1LE package looks nothing like the ZL1. Nobody, not even a blind man, can miss that gay ass carbon fiber Pep Boys hood GM puts on the ZL1, nor the big, oversized funky badging either. Since when are ZL1's shipping with gloss black hoods no matter the color? Oh, that's right...they aren't. :rollseyes

see this is what i meant about the SS and zl1 biend very distiguishable from one another

GM makes one decent performance car: The Corvette. And that's it. The 5th gen Camaro's are a damn joke and are a much better run for the Dodge Challenger lineup than the Mustang group. The 5.0 stock is door to door with the ZL1 stock...anything over a GT, the ZL1 is getting bitch slapped.

I'd love to race one around here, but unfortunately, even in a city as performance-car-happy as Houston, there doesn't seem to be enough idiots out there willing to buy a piece of shit ZL1 as the fanboys would have you believe....I've yet to see one on the street.

They are probably all down at a road course track day bragging about magnetic suspension and how it's a ZR1 with back seats. :lol1:

Sick03Vert

Banned

:dw::??:

I think this is the first time we have ever agreed on something...actually, maybe a few things on this one.

:??:

...I'm gonna have to say :beer:...and it's just weird. :D

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member

//snip//

//snip//

you becoming a 5.bro?

:poke:

QuickC5Z

Established Member
yep, the super duper top of the line, best Camaro ever will outrun a 10+ year old car. i'm glad GM's measuring stick is STILL the Cobra.

It outruns the boss and gt too. But where does it say the Cobra is GMs measuring stick? Sounds like Cobra owners delusions.

Sick03Vert

Banned
It outruns the boss and gt too. But where does it say the Cobra is GMs measuring stick? Sounds like Cobra owners delusions.

2013 GT500 vs. 2013 ZL1.

Same year, both top trim levels. GM is FAR behind.

If you're stuck in 2004:

Pulley and tune Terminator vs 2013 ZL1. GM is still FAR behind.

The only delusion here is that the ZL1 isn't a massive, over-hyped, under-performing, over priced turd.

Cool hood and badges bro. :lol1:

QuickC5Z

Established Member
there seems to be a HUGE variation in what the ZL1 runs at any given time (be it driver or vehicle, it's still a variation). i don't take youtube as the definitive source for vehicle performance but the credible video of ZL1's seeing tail lights is undeniable. everyday life isn't run on the same track with the same driver, shit happens.

in the case of our OP; he was able to hang with and stay even with a ZL1 for a highway pull. he didn't claim to stomp one from a dig or run down 5 car lengths and pass him. given how the ZL1's have been performing on the street the story is very reasonable and believable.

it's great to see the "OMG a 5.0 can't beat a ZL1" or "can't be a ZL1 must have been an SS". for the HYPE surrounding the ZL1 (and the cost) that car should be stomping '13 GT500's... it's not even in the same league.

take a look at how the ZL1 stacks up against the SS: stock SS's are mid to high 12's, stock ZL1's are low 12's with a select few dipping into the 11's. i know at this point in the game it's a big half to three quarters of a second but when taking that to the street that half to three quarters of a second isn't that much of a difference.

the ZL1 damn well SHOULD be faster than a 5.0, it should still be faster than a basic bolt-on / tune 5.0. as it turns out, some times it is... other times, not so much :shrug:

and let's not forget that people still seem to compare EVERYTHING to the 03/04 Cobra :rockon:

My whole argument is that the ZL1 is a faster car than a 5.0. I don't think the ZL1 is at all impressive for what it is, but that doesn't take away from the fact the ZL1 is faster. You say its believable a 5.0 can run with a ZL1 from examples of it running on the street or track and running poorly. Well, dude, honest to gid in my life I have seen more 5.0s run 13s than 12s. Hell, ive seen 5.0s run mid 13s WITH MY OWN EYES. But I also understand that anything can happen on the street. And a stick 5.0 can get lucky and beat one due to driver errir in the ZL1s part, but my post was directed towards the people making the argument that the 5.0 is as fast as a ZL1.

QuickC5Z

Established Member
dude, you brought it up... not me... :shrug:

I was making a comparison cause sick03vert seems to tbink 03 04 Cobras are faster than ZL1s. But even if I did bring it up, im not the spokesperson at GM. I dont know how my words represent exactly what GM is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread