2014 Gt500 5.8 vs 2015 5.0

chevybeater

Established Member
So this guy is talking alot of smack about his 2013 or 2014 Shelby gt500(he says its a 2015 lol) whats the difference 13/14? Anyways , he says his 5.8 is so much more efficient(without supercharger) vs my 2015 Mustang gt 5.0 engine that even if I have a supercharger (2.9 S2 Whipple) he would easily gap me because his 5.8 is so much greater in every way and only needs a small supercharger becuase of it (and 15psi to make 660bhp? ,lol)

So what would it make without the supercharger? And what can they handle and whats the weak point on them?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kdaly

Established Member
Ur in the wrong forum for both cars...
Shelby 13/14 without boost, never heard of one to know the answer. Give yours some boost if you got the money and show him how dated it is. Both can do 900

chevybeater

Established Member
IMG_0040.JPG

Zemedici

Established Member
You think a stock Gt500 would be drivers race against a 825hp gt2015? Just curious but explain

So I got to talk to him and he wants to bet 3,000 , lets see if he shows up this week end at the track

825whp? People can claim whatever they want as crank horsepower.

Unless he's on E85 and running a shitload of boost / big TB, etc, I have a hard time believing he's making 825whp through a whipple.

Up the boost on yours in the meantime just to make sure :D

chevybeater

Established Member
Dont get me wrong , I have nothing but respect for the car,but this guy is pure mouth telling how bad he would beat me, so lets see what he can do, Ill post videos if he shows up, I accepted his bet at 3k

chevybeater

Established Member
825whp? People can claim whatever they want as crank horsepower.

Unless he's on E85 and running a shitload of boost / big TB, etc, I have a hard time believing he's making 825whp through a whipple.

Up the boost on yours in the meantime just to make sure :D

I did not say whp, its 825bhp , its 725whp and Im taking a 15% power loss since Im manual

Zemedici

Established Member
holy shit I've had it backwards this ENTIRE time. I thought you had the GT500. I need to lay off the peyote.

If you're in the S550 you have the advantage for sure. You make 100whp more than he does.

Paul.

Established Member
Just curious. What other mods on your 2015 5.0, what pulley size, what RPM, and post your dyno sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread