tt54l32v

Established Member
You guys ever thought it could be NA?
and now I have completed the gauntlet
turbo
blower
both
NA
For real though, what if it was a direct injected 7 liter dohc beast throwing down bout 600 huas powaz, gets 25 to the gallon, and idles smooth at 600 rpm, breaks autometer tachs on the way to 9000 rpms
Hmmm time for bed

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
That's what I noticed too. I don't hear anything, but without a doubt it's sporting something different.

That's definitely not the black heat exchanger used in the last generation GT500.

It could be a TVS powered Coyote, (which isn't that loud).

Street Fords magazine: FPV BOSS 335 GT dyno video 1 | Video | vidBB.com

That's with a camera pointed at the blower with the hood off. It's audible but on the street from a distance you wouldn't be able to hear much IMO.

That's my guess for 2013; TVS, Coyote and DI. 600hp or a bit more.

I think it's still a 5.4 nested in the engine bay. It doesn't have that sound a 5.0 makes :shrug:
Sights and Sounds of the GT500

Gt500-C&D

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I second the Blower noise around :35 mark ,keep in mind they configured the blower to be very quite ,even the current 11-12 GT500 have perrty quite blowers.I hear its a all aluminum 5.8 with a TVS blower which sound realistic ,but just my 2c

No reason to even touch the block.

All they'd have to do is slap on the TVS, tweak the tune and call it a day. 600hp easy.

Cuyahoga Kid

Established Member
??? How can this be identified as a 2013, 14 or whatever? It looks like a 2010 to me............:shrug: Its not like Ford calls people up and says "we will be testing out the 2025 GT500 today, incase you want to take spy footage..."

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
??? How can this be identified as a 2013, 14 or whatever? It looks like a 2010 to me............:shrug: Its not like Ford calls people up and says "we will be testing out the 2025 GT500 today, incase you want to take spy footage..."

It's a powertrain mule. What it looks like is insignificant.

2012 GT500s are already for sale, that leaves Ford testing this powertrain for 2013 or 2014.

02 Min Grey GT

Established Member
Another rumor is that it will have a 5.8 liter version of the current engine. I don't know if it is supposed to be Roots, TVS, or what, but I did hear it would grow.

99BOSS

Established Member
Yeah I'll bet this is still a 5.4 car prolly with a TVS on it maybe with a larger heat exchanger. They'll close out this bodystyle with simple, readily available stuff and save the new powertrain for the new bodystyle. It would be easy to get 600-625 hp out of this set up.

b_dike

Established Member
I didn't hear any supercharger whine at all. Not saying it's not sc'd just sayn I listen to it over and over didn't hear anything.

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
I couldn't tell one way or another. Maybe it's NA. Though I hope they keep the supercharger. I know turbo's are more efficient, and faster, and yada yada... It's just that the supercharger whine is just so DAMN sexy!!!

afro

Why?
Established Member
I drive a custom turbo car every day.

I hear supercharger whine at :35 If you don't, get your hearing checked.

I could hear no turbos with the camera 1 foot away from the the very free-flowing exhaust at the end. Twin turbo car(yes, even completely stock) you should be able to hear a hint of turbo spool as it went up that ramp which I didn't.

I'd vote NA or supercharged. Although I lean towards S/C.

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
You guys ever thought it could be NA?
and now I have completed the gauntlet
turbo
blower
both
NA
For real though, what if it was a direct injected 7 liter dohc beast throwing down bout 600 huas powaz, gets 25 to the gallon, and idles smooth at 600 rpm, breaks autometer tachs on the way to 9000 rpms
Hmmm time for bed

I wish

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
BTW turbo guys...

"Harrison explained that such a configuration would be almost impossible for Ford to engineer because the 5.0-liter already consumes virtually the entire engine compartment."
Ford V8 boss says no twin-turbo 5.0L for Shelby GT500 — Autoblog

this.

I highly doubt any iteration of the S197 GT500's will be coming TT. Though I wouldnt discount the engineers making it a possibility with the new chassis in the 2014MY redesign.

Though Hyundai said the Genesis Coupe could not fit their V8 from the Sedan due to dimensional constraints but my buddy posted a link that says its closer to happening than not.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I think it's still a 5.4 nested in the engine bay. It doesn't have that sound a 5.0 makes :shrug:
Sights and Sounds of the GT500

Gt500-C&D

Kind of agree, it's really hard to tell with those videos just by listening to the exhaust note though.

My biggest reasoning for speculating a TVS powered Coyote is because Ford's already developed it and it's been tested and proven for over a year in the FPV Boss 335.

Also, the 5.4L motor is dated and has been retired and replaced in every Ford car here and overseas except the GT500; biggest reason being, in-terms of efficiency it doesn't hold a candle to the Coyote platform.

Small bump in power, better fuel economy, lighter and improved balance, (Coyote motor weighs less) sounds reasonable to me. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread