2014 = Surprising Trends

rubyredsnake14

Established Member
Called in my vin two hours ago. Build date of Tuesday 6 August! Not able to dl the Window sticker yet but officially excited!

BCPD199

Established Member
Called in my vin two hours ago. Build date of Tuesday 6 August! Not able to dl the Window sticker yet but officially excited!

My date is the week of the 12th. I've been checking the website for window stickers now for a couple of weeks. Still a no show as well. I wasn't really surprised earlier; but, I figured with the plant up and running again as well as only being 2 weeks out now, it would appear. Oh well, the wait continues!

rubyredsnake14

Established Member
Iceman,
Your info is spot on! Downloaded my birth certificate today!

Hopefully be cruising the "dragon tail" on labor day..

badmammajamma

Established Member
good ol' area 51.

that's gotta be frustrating as hell

It is like Area 51 goood metaphor..I have worse stories though and all I can do is wait. I sold my STi 2 months ago got my commission check a month ago I have been loaded and cocked..would love to pull the trigger and my dealership knows it as I go by there every once in a while to make sure they don't have it on the floor:shrug:

reason4treason

Established Member
I didn't come up with that name for it. that's from the folks at the source. it seems to fit.

it can be a real brain strain. messed up thing (and at the same time a good thing for him) is there was at least one guy here last year who had waited and waited, and was told by customer service his car hadn't shipped but he actually did already get it and called them back to say he was sitting in it while at the moment he was talking to them. so just 'cause your obsessed and compulsively checking the dealer doesn't mean it won't surprisingly show up there. good thing when that happens but what a long strange trip it can be.

at least you'll still have some summer left when it gets here.

I'm always happy to see people on here get what they worked so hard for. for a lot of people, the cost to get a new '13 or '14 GT500 is more than just $$$. nevermind how having fewer of them in production makes any single person's car more valuable, the car is made to be enjoyed...well actually from Ford's perspective it's made for profit :) , but from at least this enthusiast's perspective... the more people that get to enjoy one the better. to root for others to not get their car so one's own appreciates as a result would be greedy.

hang tough

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I am already scoping new rims and tires on American Muscle $1500 buys 4 19" for the winter. I have another beater car that I just may use though.

Best mod you can buy for your GT500 is a winter beater!!!
I would never drive this car in the winter, no way man, wait to you get it, you will feel the same :burnout:
-J

USV8PWR

Established Member
I am already scoping new rims and tires on American Muscle $1500 buys 4 19" for the winter. I have another beater car that I just may use though.

Absolutely, buy a winter beater before getting any other mods done to this car. One, this car has way to much power to be driven on cold and wet/damp roads. And not to mention the salt. Plus, there is the cost of driving this thing all the time. Around town, I get 13 MPG. Yes I have fun with it of course, but driving my Vette the exact same way netted me over 20 MPG around town. This car drinks the premium fuel. Plus tires for these cars won't last more than 10 to 12K miles if you are driving the car the way it was meant to be. If you are really hard on it you'll get a lot less wear on the tires, and even if you are easy on it you will only get maybe 15K on a set of tires due to no rotation possiblity and the butter like tread. So if you drive it every day except to pay $1500 or so for good tires each and every year. Then there is the race car brakes, etc. I have learned that having a high performance vehicle means items wear out much more quickly. BUT if I only drive the vehicle 5K miles a year then I can get 2 to 3 years out of tires and 3 to 5 years out of brakes, etc. The money you'd save by NOT driving the car every day will more than pay for the winter beater and keep your miles off of your GT500 to boot!

rubyredsnake14

Established Member
Dealer emailed today stating 24 Aug projected delivery.. He also sent me Window sticker but
Thought those couldn't be downloaded until the car was built? The blend date still shows 6 Aug..

Mods sitting in boxes awaiting her arrival, oil separator, cf splash guards, Alcoa wheels, grill guards
Lowering Springs, uca, lca with brackets and panhard bar with bracket and red line hood lifts.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Dealer emailed today stating 24 Aug projected delivery.. He also sent me Window sticker but
Thought those couldn't be downloaded until the car was built? The blend date still shows 6 Aug..

Mods sitting in boxes awaiting her arrival, oil separator, cf splash guards, Alcoa wheels, grill guards
Lowering Springs, uca, lca with brackets and panhard bar with bracket and red line hood lifts.

The window sticker is available 7 production days before the car is put together.

Hence why you got yours.

rubyredsnake14

Established Member
I knew that was the case with viewing your sticker (7 days prior to the build) but perhaps I was misinformed about the pdf download which is what I meant in my previous message.

I read from a reputable source that you can only view your sticker up until the car is built at which time you can then dl the pdf..

David Neibert

Established Member

Makes me feel better...All I've bought so far is a no drill front plate holder and an oil separator. Then again mine has only been on order for a week.

David

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I knew that was the case with viewing your sticker (7 days prior to the build) but perhaps I was misinformed about the pdf download which is what I meant in my previous message.

I read from a reputable source that you can only view your sticker up until the car is built at which time you can then dl the pdf..

You can print and or DL the sticker to PDF at any time.

hockeylover86

Established Member
Just a quick numbers update:

Through 8/9, 2,803 Coupes and 560 Convertibles have been built or scheduled - for a total of 3,363 accounted-for so far.

How far out are they scheduled?

I've seen some people mentioning their cars are scheduled week of 8/19 but haven't seen anything beyond that..

Users who are viewing this thread