2014 = Surprising Trends

SVTKen

Established Member
Best mod you can buy for your GT500 is a winter beater!!!
I would never drive this car in the winter, no way man, wait to you get it, you will feel the same :burnout:
-J

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but why park a beautiful car like the Shelby all winter long? I wouldn't want to drive a beater at any time of the year. All you need is a decent set of tires and it's fine. I do understand if you live in one of the snowbelt states, and I suppose it depends on where you live. I live in Maryland and wouldn't think of parking my beauty all winter long. These cars don't like to be parked.

WJinLV

Established Member
Great info Maddy! Im not sure if the car cover #s are ordered per se or are included in the package. I ordered my 13 GT500 with only the SVTPP yet it came with the car cover...at no charge as I told the dealer I didnt want it but they said just take it anyway.

Madlock

Established Member
No, you DEFINITELY got a bonus - or the dealer received it in error or perhaps with another car that maybe was demo driven by the store owner and gave it to you instead.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm probably in the minority on this one, but why park a beautiful car like the Shelby all winter long? I wouldn't want to drive a beater at any time of the year. All you need is a decent set of tires and it's fine. I do understand if you live in one of the snowbelt states, and I suppose it depends on where you live. I live in Maryland and wouldn't think of parking my beauty all winter long. These cars don't like to be parked.

You are in the minority, but your car, your choice.
On the opposite side, I would never drive this car in winter and I would never consider buying one used that was.
Carry on with cool build trends.
-J
:beer:

BCPD199

Established Member

When I lived in North Jersey, I drove my '08 GT500 'vert year round. The first winter while on the factory Goodyears. When it got cold out, those tires were slicker than a bluebird's ass during berry season. Thankfully it was a mild winter snow wise. The second winter I sprung for a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks. I never got stuck once, even with over 6" snow on the ground.

If you've got the means for a winter car, that's great; but, I didn't have that luxury and my Shelby was a daily driver.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
How far out are they scheduled?

I've seen some people mentioning their cars are scheduled week of 8/19 but haven't seen anything beyond that..

Got the call today my car is scheduled for the week of 8/19 as well ordered 6/14

Madlock

Established Member
A lot still depends upon build-out, but as the '14 MY enters its proverbial fourth quarter, a lot of previous trends have started to shift, particularly in terms of color preferences which also have become notably different between Coupes and Convertibles for the first time this year.

Black is still the new Black at about 35% of all cars regardless of type, but Oxford White has come on strong to edge out bout Ruby Red and Sterling Gray for Coupe preferences. Those three colors remain closely bundled as popular Convertible colors, but Deep Impact Blue has snuck past them - despite trailing them with Coupes.

Race Red is also more popular among Convertibles than Coupes, even managing to sneak ahead of Sterling Gray by a few drop top units. About 1 in 20 cars are Ingot Silver - while Grabber Blue has dropped to nearly 1 in 30, being slightly more popular with Coupes than Convertibles so far.

Oddly, even more Convertibles than Coupes are equipped with the SVTPP by percentage - though only just. It's an odd trend given so many peoples' preferences for the baseline wheels and the Convertible being more of a touring than track monster. Barely 1 in 10 cars DON'T have the SVTPP - a remarkably small percentage even compared to the 11/12 cars with take rate percentages in the high 70s. Cha-ching for Ford.

About 80% of SVTPP Coupes also have the SVTPP, but only about half of the cars with the SVTPP and SVTTP have Recaros, which would seem like a natural combination for track-oriented driving, especially with the Coupe's overall Recaro take rate being about 70%. Goes to show - people AND dealers order funny sometimes.

About 1 in 8 Coupes have Glass Roofs and 2 in 3 cars the Shaker Pro - same for the Car Cover.

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
My dealer was one of the goofy orders.....PP, TP, no Recaros, and Nav as the only other option.

OaktownACE

Established Member
Crazy stats

So I'm common with my Sterling gray coupe. A little more rare with blue stripes. But more common with the pp and tp but less common because I have Recaros. The glass roof makes me stand out a bit but the lack of both the shaker pro and car cover really makes me unique.

Go figure!

August 19th build (dang Monday car)! It can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Madlock

Established Member
My dealer was one of the goofy orders.....PP, TP, no Recaros, and Nav as the only other option.

Yep. Some strange combinations out there. The MOST common by far remains loaded minus Glass Roof. Surprisingly, relatively few fully-loaded or barebones cars exist. Taking into account the $395 premium for Ruby Red, it's actually possible to top $70K - which is about all GM is able to command for the new C7 Z51 with all of its whiz bang magnetic carbon rustproofing.

So I'm common with my Sterling gray coupe. A little more rare with blue stripes. But more common with the pp and tp but less common because I have Recaros. The glass roof makes me stand out a bit but the lack of both the shaker pro and car cover really makes me unique.

Go figure!

August 19th build (dang Monday car)! It can't come soon enough.

All God's children are special. Go figger.

speaking of ordering, is it still the case with the '14s that you can change options as long as the order isn't locked in, but CANNOT change between coupe and vert?

That shouldn't matter. There ARE deadlines and there are deadlines, but once your car has been scheduled, changing options should be as impossible as changing car type.

reason4treason

Established Member
^options and colors have deadlines. but coupe versus vert choice can NEVER be changed on any '14 order at ANY time, correct?

Last edited:

Madlock

Established Member
^options have deadlines. but coupe versus vert choice can NEVER be changed on any '14 order at ANY time, correct?

No. NOT correct. You can change any part of your order, including the body style right up to the moment it's scheduled. Once it's scheduled, you pretty much can't change anything without sharing some fairly exclusive DNA.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Then I don't understand how mine got changed. The dealer simply revised the order during the interval between receiving the DORA and its eventual scheduling and changed it no problem.

I had a client who could not change it from vert to coupe once it was entered. They made a mistake- eventually got it change through their rep. But was unable to change it in the system.

freakshow12

Established Member
So out of curiosity, how does an ingot with black stripe coupe with svtpp glass roof and cover but no other options shake out? No tp no electronics no recaros. Just how I wanted it

Madlock

Established Member
I had a client who could not change it from vert to coupe once it was entered. They made a mistake- eventually got it change through their rep. But was unable to change it in the system.

At what point did you try to make the change? Was the order already pulled or were you right at the end of your allocation window? Trying to figure out which of the two situations is atypical. :)

Users who are viewing this thread