2014 Z/28 vs 2014 911 GT3

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
As I have said many times Kudo's on building the car and having it do what it was built for.

Now lets talk in the realm of realities. The Z/28 is built to road race. Its missing many things that would make the car comfortable on the street. IT WILL NOT BE A DD or weekend have fun. It will be a go to the track on race day and do some laps, go home. Those wonderful tires will last how long ? Two full sessions ? maybe ? So the z/28 owner will be doing the same thing anyone else who does tracking.....buying new tires on the regular. Taking bets on what % will keep the original tires. The brakes. Yes they are wonderful as well. Again how long will they last ? Same bet on % that keeps the same setup.

Stock, the Z/28 preforms so well because of the tires it comes on. 50 tread wear ? People are acting like this a everyday tire you go to the store on. The other cars in the test are actually on a street tire. A expensive one for sure, but still a street tire. So I will stand with the group of put the similar tire on and test...either way. Street tire on Z/28 or Race tire on the other cars.

So for the % of people who actually buy this car, they will no doubt be doing the same exact thing all others do that go to the track events. It is then I would like to see time and numbers.

This car could absolutely be a weekend toy. I daily drove my LS1 cars for 2-3 years on nittos and mickeys which are 100 tread wear rating. I'd get anywhere form 7-13k miles out of them. And also....the other cars in the test are on similar tires. The backseat less laguna Seca is on R compounds and they track edition GTR is on $500-600 a piece dunlaps. It's not like it was one a set of 185/70 14 Avon tires from Walmart.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
This car could absolutely be a weekend toy. I daily drove my LS1 cars for 2-3 years on nittos and mickeys which are 100 tread wear rating. I'd get anywhere form 7-13k miles out of them. And also....the other cars in the test are on similar tires. The backseat less laguna Seca is on R compounds and they track edition GTR is on $500-600 a piece dunlaps. It's not like it was one a set of 185/70 14 Avon tires from Walmart.

100 tread is not 50. If you are using this car as not as a track car its a waste. The car does not have sound deadening or many creature comforts that most want in a car. Please do not try to make a argument that this car is a DD. The GTR is a DD. The GT3 is a DD The Z/28 is not. It has purposely left anything out of the car that did not make it lighter or faster. Hell even the back glass is thinner for weight.

For the LS Boss people buy that to TRACK. They can buy the Regular Boss to DD. As for the back seat in the Camero, lol you act like its functional and will have a baby seat... wow talking about stretching a point.....

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Test is worthless.
Since the Z/28 is the Camaro road race car why not compare it to Porsche's true road race car, the upcoming GT3RS. Heck compare it to the 997 GT3RS to see how it compares to that.

Why not compare the Z28 to an actual competitor, the 991S?
Z28 Best Ring time 7:37
991S Best Ring time 7:38
991 GT3 Best Ring time 7:25

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
100 tread is not 50. If you are using this car as not as a track car its a waste. The car does not have sound deadening or many creature comforts that most want in a car. Please do not try to make a argument that this car is a DD. The GTR is a DD. The GT3 is a DD The Z/28 is not. It has purposely left anything out of the car that did not make it lighter or faster. Hell even the back glass is thinner for weight.

For the LS Boss people buy that to TRACK. They can buy the Regular Boss to DD. As for the back seat in the Camero, lol you act like its functional and will have a baby seat... wow talking about stretching a point.....

I never said dd other than to show you can and it's common for people to dd on a low tread wear rated tire setup. I was being nice and saying 100 tread ware rating. That's for the nitto. The Mickeys are considered 00 rated. We both know people with weekend and occasional dd use cars with mickeys on it. I didn't edit my post one bit and you can see you said people won't be dding OR weekend driving the car. It will be track use only.

Will someone dd the car? Prob not. But it comes stock with power options, radio, keyless entry and ac and with those options still weighs less than the GTR. I had numerous cars growing up that had no AC lol and did just fine in the Florida summer heat. Again....is it the best thing ever for dd purposes? Prob not but like I said I knew people in college with me that had a motorcycle for his 100% only vehicle.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I'm still waiting for a test of the Z28 vs C7 Z51.... bet that will only happen with a large comparison test. I'm willing to bet the two cars are a clse matchup wuth the C7 being 10-15k cheaper. But kudos to GM for building what they said they would... to bad the price got up so high.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Did someone say the GTR was a "lightweight"?

It runs the equivalent to a 4.88 final with full traction and a dual clutch SMG that shifts south of 200ms. It's also got one of the most technologically advanced AWD systems ever developed and two turbos, plumbing with a fully built factory motor. It's not a piece of shit built on a full-sized sedan platform that's heavy despite being RWD, with an Aluminum N/A pushrod and a tremec.

Did I mention it does 0-60 in less than 3 seconds and traps 125mph+?

An Aventador isn't exactly light either, but not because it's built on a dogshit sedan platform. The tech in the car weighs it down. Are we going to start comparing and justifying this fat ugly piece of shit to that too?

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I never said dd other than to show you can and it's common for people to dd on a low tread wear rated tire setup. I was being nice and saying 100 tread ware rating. That's for the nitto. The Mickeys are considered 00 rated. We both know people with weekend and occasional dd use cars with mickeys on it. I didn't edit my post one bit and you can see you said people won't be dding OR weekend driving the car. It will be track use only.

Will someone dd the car? Prob not. But it comes stock with power options, radio, keyless entry and ac and with those options still weighs less than the GTR. I had numerous cars growing up that had no AC lol and did just fine in the Florida summer heat. Again....is it the best thing ever for dd purposes? Prob not but like I said I knew people in college with me that had a motorcycle for his 100% only vehicle.

It does not weigh less than a GT-R. It's still 3,850lbs and the interior is more dog shit than the SS. Who would want to drive in one, PERIOD?

2014-camaro-z28-920-11.jpg

Keyless entry, lmao.
2014gtrinterior.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread